Part 3

"Hmmm, that is something I have to take care of. I'm pretty sure she is blood hungry and doesn't even know that it's her hunger that allows the bestial-side take-over. There is an 83% chance that is also the reason for her attack on me. Her friend had no idea about it, judging by her reaction. O.K., thank you for the update. Drop by the kitchen and ask Mara to prepare the same thing again, but in slightly larger portions since our guest skipped another meal. Oh and add another plate and the cutlery for it. Just like last time, bring it near the door and knock. I'm heading up." So he stood and headed for the newly important room upstairs.

"Hey Barry, anything new?" He asked the big guy.

"All quiet, sir. And pretty much the same as last time. Maybe a little less pacing."

"Thank you! Let's see how our guest is doing." After knocking and announcing himself, he went in and to the Mk Armchair like the previous times. Having the same routine, he thought, would provide reassurance and Vincent noticed that she was not as hunched or curled up as before, because he could see her eyes following him from behind the bed as opposed to just her usual top of the head.

"Did you enjoy breakfast?" He asked, trying to see if she would lie.

When no answer came, he continued: "Guess not since most of it is 'grass fertilizer' as one of my friends would put it. But I know you are hungry, so lunch is going to be served in a couple of minutes. I will bring it in, just like before."

Toc-toc! Right on queue came the knock, announcing the food and although she reacted to the sudden sound, she did not jump all the way to her feet like she almost did the last time. So he got up, went to the table cart and rolled it to and out the door, bringing in an identical one, same metal and same color, filled with food.

After he pushed it to the same position where the other one used to rest, he went back to his seat.

"Since I know you need to eat..."

"Not hungry!" She said quickly, not whispering this time.

"...and you know I think you are lying about how hungry you are," Vincent continued ignoring the interruption "I'm going to sit here, looking at you, talking, asking you questions" her expression was now horrified "until you fall asleep. And then I will be back when you wake up," here horrified turned to mortified and livid "so we can talk some more and..."

"No! Please?" She asked, the volume of her voice now at a conversational level – but by comparison to her previous replies, she was screaming.

"O.K., I pride myself on being a reasonable person. Give me one good reason why you won't eat..."

"I'm not..." she started.

"And if you say you're not hungry again, I'm going to start pretending I can't hear you and move over to the bed so I can read your lips when you say something." 

*Author's Note

Many thanks for the reads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).