Chapter 18

I shot out of bed. My breath was heavy aa I was sweating like a pig. Divergent. The word echoed through my head. "Ugh." I groaned. Today was the Choosing Ceremony. I was really nervous. Me being me I would probably trip on my the stairs or cut my hand to deep.
This is gonna suck.

I slowly got up and made my way the the bathroom to freshen up. While brushing my teeth I studied myself in the mirror. My shoulders have become broader and my muscles have increased. Luke and I have been preparing for this day all of our lives. My light brown eyes are darker than I remember them being. Close to someone's I just can't think who. Weird. I continued getting ready. I wore a net like crop top and black jeans. I also got those boots that are the length of shoes. What are they called? Eh. No wonder I only have 10% Erudite in me. I'm clever, I can manipulate. But I don't even know the name of the type of shoes I'm wearing!
I got a black beanie and a leather jacket and went to the cafeteria.

My eyes searched for any familiar faces. I found Eric sitting on his own so I went to join him. I grabbed an apple from the bar and plopped down next to him. He turned to glare at me but realized who it was.

"Hey."

"Ello Mr. Leader." I smiled at him. It's been such a long time since we talked. "How are Ya doin?" I asked. Now I see how I got abnegation on my results.

"I'm doing good. Yourself?" He asked in a bored tone.

"What? Bored already?" I asked. He chuckled.

"Don't worry about me. I would worry about you free falling into the Erudite water during choosing. " He told me. My face betrayed me and started blushing. I intensely glared at him. He raised his hands.

"No need to hate!" He told me. I laughed at his goofiness. I grabbed his arm and checked the time on his watch. As cliche as it sounds, I felt sparks when our skin touched.

7:45

Sh¡t! Choosing starts at 8:00!

"I got to go Eric! See you in Amity!" I told him before dashing off. When we were younger I would joke about transferring to Amity if Eric ever joined Dauntless. I heard him laugh before I was out of earshot.

**TimeLapse**

I made it to the Ceremony right on time.
The bowls wait for their members.

Grey stones for Abnegation

Soil for Amity

Glass for Candor

Coals for Dauntless

Water for Erudite

Amity hosted the Choosing Ceremony this year. Blah blah blah. I didn't listen to anything until they started calling names.

"Azelea, Willow"

This girl was from Amity. She had a pixi cut with red streaks with her black hair. Unusual for Amity. She is soooo picking dauntless. She's pretty short so that would be pretty hard for running. Girl has guts. Willow sliced her palm and raised it over the Coals representing Dauntless. We cheer even louder when she does the unexpected. She turns towards the Amity faction and flips them double birds. This girl has officially gotten my respect. She walked over to the transfers section and sat there while Dauntless congratulated her.

A few others went before the person I feared who would transfer out of dauntless.

"Caylen, Calum." He stood up and walked towards the stage. I looked at Luke who was a few seats upward. 'He won't' Luke mouthed. Let's just hope he's right.

Calum took the knife from the Amity representative. He slid the knife across his skin and did something I never though he would do.

His blood dropped...