Chapter 27

*Dream*
A woman held two children in her hands. The first was a new born baby girl while the other was a boy almost 2 years old. The woman walked towards the end of the alley. Just then another woman popped up. She looked slightly younger than the woman with the children. You could tell the were sisters.

"Take care of her. She deserves a better life." The woman with the children told her sister. She nodded as she took the newborn.

"What about the boy?" The younger sister asked. The older sister shook her head.

"The boy would one day learn about his sister. They will be reunited. They both would help make this cruel system better, I know it." The older sister states. Tears brimmed the corner of her eyes as she kissed her youngest child's temple.

*EndOfDream

The heavy sound of metal against the wall jolts me awake. I glared at Michael who had a smug smile plastered on his face.

"Listing up Initiates! Today is the last day of fighting. Be in the training room in 20!" He shouts.

I slowly got up from my bed. The other initiates were either getting up or swearing in protest. I quickly slipped on a tank top and basketball shorts. I glanced at Luke . He deserved the leader position. Luke strode towards me. He looked me up and down with his eyebrows raised.

"Stormy...your skin color..." he trailed off. I turned towards the full mirror. I gasped. I've gotten tanner. My usual pale white skin was replaced by a slightly tanned gold skin. What's happened to me? I looked more fierce with my dark blue eyes popping out. My long black hair stayed the same though. I looked prettier. I looked more fit, yet I still had fat on my stomach. I've gotten taller, not Luke's height, but still tall.

"Woah." I breathed out.

"You look like someone we know." Luke told me. He looked deep in thought. I looked...I don't even know. I continue staring at the girl in the mirror.

"Stop staring at yourself. Your not that pretty anyway." Melissa says towards me. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"At leasts she has hair, baldy!" Luke hollers towards her. I laughed at his statement. She actually did the dare. Her head still had some hair but it was still close to bald. She huffed and left the initiates quarters.

"Let's go." Luke told me as he walked out. I took in my appearance once more and then left.

We entered the noisy Pit. Everyone was chattering on about their new tattoos or old friends from the fence. I spotted Noor with a group of initiates. "Get me an apple will Ya?" I asked Luke. He nodded and left. I plopped down next to Noor which startled her.

"Aye!" I greeted. She smiled "hey!" She replied. She cocked her head to the side.

"What happened to your skin?" She asked. Her eyes widened as she processed what she said and clamped her hands over her mouth. "I'm so sorry! It's the stupid Candor in me." She apologized. I laughed and nodded meaning it was ok.

"I don't know really...Luke just told me this morning." I told her. She nodded while downing her orange juice.

"Are you excited about our last day of fighting?" I asked her while changing the subject. She nodded. "Yeah super nervous though." She told me. "Finally it's the last day of hell!" She exclaimed. I cringed at what stage 2 was.
"Just wait until stage 2" I muttered. She snapped her head and looked at me horrified.

"You know what it is?!?" She asked. I nodded. Other transferred were looking at me intrigued. "What is it then?" An Erudite boy who was sitting across from us asked. I smirked at him.