Chapter 28

Beep

Beep

Beep

The all to familiar sound of a heart monitor reached my ears. Memories from Luke and I's fight flooded through my brain. I looked towards my left seeing Luke resting his head against the side of the uncomfortable bed.

"Luke." I said quietly while shaking him. My voice sounded hoarse, I couldn't have been here too long. He stirred a bit.

"Luuuuke." I continued to shake him. He wouldn't budge though. I then got an idea.

"Noor is here with pizza!" I said louder than I intended. He shot up and looked around. I burst out into a fit of laughter. "Lukey and Noor sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G-" I began singing, but I immediately stopped from the glare he was giving me. He muttered some not so nice words before asking.

"How are you feeling?" I shrugged and glanced at the huge mirror infront of the room. My usual pale skin is now tanned and my past brown eyes are now a mysterious dark blue. "I look the same." I told him bluntly. Questions flossed through my mind wondering oh the sudden face change.

He shook his head. "You still look beautiful, Cloudy." He told me. I playfully glared at him at the mention of my nickname. He smirked at me.

"How long was I out?" I asked. Luke checked his watch.

"About and hour." He replied. I nodded. I swung my legs off of the bed and attempted to stand up. But then I went back down as Luke caught me. "Easy now." He said. I finally regained my balance and started walking back and fourth, testing out my legs.

"Ready to go?" I asked Luke. He nodded and we set off to the Pit. As per usual it was buzzing with people. Today was the day when people working on the fence come back to Dauntless to see their family. Luke took a seat near the transfers as I went to get something to eat. When I spotted the cheeseburgers my mouth started to water. It's been all day since I ate. Once I reached our table I plopped down next to Noor.

"How was your fight?" She asked. I moved the hair from the side of my head to show her a long scar Luke gave me when he kicked my head. She gasped. "Who did that to you? I swear when I find them..." she started. I resisted my urge to laugh. If only she knew.

"Oh really?" Luke asks from behind. "And what would you do to them?" He questioned. Realization suddenly hit her."You both?" She asked slightly blushing, she couldn't even finished her sentence. I nodded.

"But! I gave Lukey a shiner in return." I told her gesturing to the bruise on the side of Luke's face. She laughed.

"Initiates!" A voice boomed from the top railing that have a wicked overview of the canteen. We looked up, all the leaders minus Lily were on the balcony.

"Today is the final day of Stage 1. Here are you rankings." Max shouted. Dauntless born and transfers were ranked separately. I looked at the transfer rankings first.

1. Willow

2. Blake (the candor who smart mouthed Luke and Stormy)

3. Noor

I then looked towards the dauntless born rankings.

1. Luke and Stormy

I froze. Luke and Stormy? I looked at Luke who also looked confused. It's impossible for two initiates to share a ranking. We weren't the only people who immediately noticed our ranks. Dauntless were muttering amongst them selves while dauntless initiates were shouting objections or just plain shocked.

"Simmer down!" Eric shouted. The canteen went dead silent. Luke looked over at me.

"You know what this means right?" He asked.
I was confused at first until realization hit me.

Their forcing us both to be leaders.