Chapter 1

STORMY'S POV
"Guys! I'm heading out" I yelled at my brothers. I glanced at the mirror one last time.
Looking good storm. I said to myself. I wore my typical dauntless cloths and made my way to the train station.
Tomorrow was the day all 16 year olds would take their aptitude test. My dear friend from Erudite just so happened to be one of those 16year olds.

The train approached and I started running. I grabbed the handle and pulled with all my strength. Suddenly where the tracks ended my hand slipped. I was about to plummet into the ground until someone grabbed me. "Woah. Easy there cloudy" I looked up to see the joyful face of Amar. "Eyyy! Amareeto!" he rolls his eyes playfully at the nickname. "Where you heading too?" He asked. "I'm heading for erudite. You know for a good work out." I lied through me teeth. It's a gift when you have three brothers. "What about you?" I asked quickly changing the subject. Luckily he bought the lie and replied,"oh you know just wanted to ride the train." I nodded.
I saw Erudite headquarters coming up ahead. "Well this is my stop." Inwardly I laughed because the train doesn't stop.
he smiles and says "ok but make sure you don't fall!"

I waved at him and jumped off. As soon as my feet touched the ground, butterflies filled my stomach. I don't know why, but every time I think of Eric i get this nervous feeling. Like I'm about to explode.
I made my way to one of the Erudite libraries. Yes, I said one of them. This place has a thousand libraries. The life of a nose, I thought. I entered the library that we would always meet at. I felt everyone's eyes staring at me. Analyzing me. Looking at all my strengths and weaknesses. That's the thing I hate about Erudite. They're such know it alls. Except for Eric. I don't know there is just something about him. Yeah sure, he clever and smart like a typical erudite but he had that kind of dauntless flare that just attracts me towards him.

I looked around nervously until my eyes catch certain grey eyes. I smiled at him. He smiles back. I walk towards him until we are face to face. Actually more like shoulder to face. He has to be more than 6ft while I'm a mere 5'6.

"Hey" I said

"Sup pansy cake." He smirked.
I playfully glare at him.

"Shut up nose" I extended the "o". He slightly cringes. He despised Erudite. We would always tell each other what would happened if we were in the same faction.

We head all the way into the back of the library. There we met a door that lead outside. The one thing I like about Erudite is this place. Me and Eric would always meet here and talk, or when we were kids we would play dauntless and erudite games.
We sit in the grass. "So, altitude test is tomorrow" I stated. He looks at me. His usual cold grey softened when he met mine. "Are you nervous?" I asked. "No." He said bluntly. "you know, you should transfer to candor. Because if you choose dauntless being blunt like that, you will get thrown off the chasm," I told him. He started to laugh. I'm probably the only person in this whole world that could make him laugh. He told me himself. It literally made my heart flutter.

Hours later we kept talking and talking until it got dark. he checked the time, "it's half passes 6. You think you could make it on time?"

I shivered. Every day at exactly 7:00 my father would comeback from the bar, extremely drunk. He doesn't realize it but he abuses me my twin brother, and My older Kian. He would grab his belt and whip the shit out of us.
My dad would always play father of the world without even realizing what happens when he's under the influence. You see, him and my mother split up. My mother moved to Erudite when I was only 7.

I nodded and said in reply to Eric, "I'll be fine." But it merely came out as a whisper

We walked towards the station. I grabbed his hand and looked at this watch. 6:45. "Damn" I muttered under my breath. I ran the rest waving at Eric saying I'll see him tomorrow. We waves back and I jump onto the train.

After jumping off of the train I sped towards our apartment. I opened it to find out father lashing out on Kian and Calum. He suddenly turns around, his eyes bloodshot. "You!" He grabbed my hair and threw me to the ground next to them. Calum grabbed my hand. It remind me that I'm not alone.
Father grabs his belt and lashed on Kian's face. He blacked out by the second, then he got Calum. My father did the same to me, but I didn't pass out. Starting from the corner of my left eye till my ear was bleeding.

He punched me in the face and everything went black.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A/N how was that?!