The spot at the cliff (ch 1)

(Cringe)

The star sans and the bad sans had finally made a truce.  Error usually went to hang out with ink.  Dust went to hang out with blue.  Cross hung out with dream (which ticked nightmare off).  Horror went to hang out with lust. Nightmare usually was by himself and so was killer.

When the bad sans came to the castle to talk about things or to do something, nightmare was usually gone. "So the boss went for another walk," Dust asked killer. "Yep," he replied.  Killer was reading a book about who knows what.  "Anyway, anything new with you guys" error asked .  "Well...Blue brought me to see his AU," said Dust.  "And?" Horror asked.  "His papyrus wanted to kill me".  Dust said in an awkward laugh.

The gang kept talking.  Killer closed his book.  "Imma go look for something".  Everyone Paused.  "Look for what?" Cross asked.  "I don't know," said killer. "Maybe something to kill".  He left the castle and started to walk.  He was walking for about 20 minutes.

(Killers point of view)

I heard someone moving near where the cliff was.  I walked over there and spotted Nightmare looking at the sky.  I started to walk away.  "Why are you here?" Nightmare said, looking at me.  "Oh b-boss" I said.  How did he know I was there I thought.  I didn't make a sound.  Nightmare looked at me with a dull look on his face.  "Well" nightmare said.

"To be honest I didn't even know you were here. I just heard something," I said in a low voice.  Nightmare looked away and back at the sky.  "Why are you looking at the sky?" I asked.  "I come here to think," Nightmare replied.  To think? I thought to myself. By looking at the sky.  It was silent for a while.  "You can come over here if you want," Nightmare said.  I was surprised.  It was the first time boss told me that I could get closer.  I sat down near Nightmare but kept my distance. I didn't want Nightmare to get mad at me. 

I was mesmerized by the colors and how it slowly faded from blue to pink and yellow.  "I can see why you like this place now," I told Nightmare.  Nightmare looked at me then back at the sky.  "Why don't you hang out with the rest of the gang?" Nightmare asked.  "Meh. They are usually with their boyfriends and I don't want to interrupt them" I told him.  "You could always go with cross and keep him away from my brother," Nightmare told me.  I smiled. "Yeah" I said looking back up.

(Nightmares point of view)

I looked at killer.  What is this feeling?  I thought to myself .  I looked at my hand.  The goop was wearing off a little.  I covered it back up with my tentacles.  This can't be right.  I thought.  Is the apple Waring off.  No no that can't be possible. I looked back at killer.  Do I have positive feelings?!  No That can't be right.  "You ok" killer asked.  "Wha-yeah I'm fine".

(Killers point of view)

I moved a little closer to get a better look without Nightmare knowing. And again.  A little closer.  Nightmare dozed off into his thoughts.  I looked at him then looked at the sky.  It was now night.  The stars were big and bright.  I closed my eyes to take in everything.  I took a deep breath in then slowly let it out.  The stars made me a little sleepy.  I yawned.  "Are you tired?"  Nightmare asked.  "No boss," I said looking away from Nightmare.

"You know you don't need to call me boss anymore right".  I was confused.  " But you're our boss," I said.  "I don't give orders around here anymore". Nightmare looked at the ground.  I stared at Nightmares hand.  Then I looked away.  I yawned again then fell asleep. 

(Nightmares point of view)

I laughed.  Called it. I told myself.  I looked at the stars for another minute or two then crawled towards killer and looked at him. He was in a deep sleep.  I carefully picked killer up with my tentacles.  And walked towards a tree.  I placed killer down so his back was against the tree.  I moved to a different tree not far from killers tree.  Then leaned up against it.  Later that night it got cold and I started to doze off.  Then fell asleep.

(Killers point of view)

I was half awake.  I looked around and seen nightmare laying against the tree in front of me.  I crawled over and layed next to him. Then fell back asleep. "Killer....killer....?" Nightmare said, trying to wake me up.  It was still dark out.  When I woke up I looked around before realizing that...I was cuddling Nightmare's arm. When I realized I moved away from him immediately. I was blushing a bright red color. I was embarrassed and concerned that Nightmare was gonna kill me.

"Why did you do that?" Nightmare asked in a calm voice. "I don't know. It was cold" I said, still turned away, blushing. Nightmare slowly wrapped his tentacles around my chest and pulled me toward him. "W-what are you doing?" I asked. When Nightmare loosened his grip on me. I was sitting right next to Nightmare like i was before but I wasn't cuddling him this time.

I was blushing a little. What is he doing? I thought to myself. "I thought you said you were cold". I looked away so Nightmare didn't see me blushing. I looked at the tree. "Why don't you go back to the castle so you're not under a tree". Nightmare let out a tired laugh. I was confused. "You know me and dream are brothers right". Nightmare said. I nodded. "Well our whole life we lived under a tree". "Wait what," I said, confused. "Yep, ask dream he will say the same thing" Nightmare said moving so he was in a more comfortable spot.

I looked back up at the tree. When I looked at Nightmare he was already asleep. I then soon followed.

(Nightmare point of view)

I opened my eye that wasn't covered in goop. I sat up and looked at killer. I rolled my eye and grabbed killer gently. And moved killer closer to me so I could hold him. What am I doing? I thought to myself . I closed my eye and went to bed.

—The Next Day—

(Killers point of view)

I woke up next to Nightmare. He didn't seem to mind me leaning on him. Or he was still sleeping and didn't notice. I went to move away from him before he got mad. When I moved something was on by shoulder. I turned my head around to see what was holding me. Nightmare had his left arm around me. I blushed again. Why was he holding me? I thought to myself.

There was Something off about his left hand. There wasn't any goop on it. It looked like a normal skeleton hand. But it had bruises on it. I woke Nightmare up to tell him about his hand. He looked at it for a few seconds then let out an angered sigh. The goop covered his hand again when he sighed. "What was that?" I asked. Nightmare sighed again. "The goop on me just covers up my body. I look a lot more like dream when I'm not covered in goop". Nightmare said looking down.

"Can I see?" I asked. " I would show you but I can only turn into my...let's call it my pacifist form when I'm happy". We both sat there in silence. "Then why was the goop not there when you were holding me". I said in a sarcastic voice. Nightmare looked away and started mumbling to himself. I looked at the side of his face. It looked like he was blushing.

I smiled a little. Nightmare stood up and offered me a hand to help me up. "Come on, we should go". I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. We started walking back to the castle. All we were talking about was that spot near the cliff. Nightmare said that if no one could find him then he was probably in that spot. It was a weird night but a calm one too.

Ahh I hate myself now TwT. Why are you reading this story it's full cringe. Anyway A+ to anyone who got this far.