Dream calm down (ch 41)

Hehe...

When nightmare and killer decided to tell the others about their soon to be child, nightmares broken skull, and the fact that they were married.  They thought that it would be simple considering all the fucked up shit that they all have been through...the where terribly wrong.  Some skeletons denied that killer was pregnant even though it was clear and obvious.  Others couldn't stop asking questions about every little thing.  Horror and lust tried to help answer questions but even they didn't know the answers.  Dust knew about nightmares skull but that didn't stop him from asking a thing or two.  Then there was Dream.  He knew everything but he still seemed...different.  He didn't go back to DreamTale after nightmare told him everything and he was extremely quiet most of the time, even for him.  Nightmare took this into consideration and went to check on his little bro.  The others watched as this happened.  Once Dream saw nightmare walking up to him he stood up straight.  Nightmare wasted no time and hugged dream tightly.  Dream couldn't help but hug his big bro. 

As the days went on killer spent most of his day in his room sleeping.  Nightmare and the others checked on him constantly.  If constantly was every 4 minutes.  Each passing day killer grew more and more tired.  Nightmare sat with him most of the time.  They didn't know how long they needed to wait for the soul to give birth.  But it seemed like any day now.  Everything was going smoothly.

...would be a shame if something were to...

...happen...

=]

(Dreams point of view)

My mental state hasn't been in the right place for some time now.  I haven't had a chance to talk to nightmare since he's busy with killer.  It didn't bother me at all since killer needs nightmare at the moment.  As I walked through the woods near the castle I looked at a tree that stuck out to me.  A big oak tree sitting in the middle of about 6 pine trees.  I smiled as I thought about the one in DreamTale...the thought of that AU made...me...sick.  Knowing that the people who I call my friends hurt MY brother, and started that whole war between us.  I was usually good with controlling my anger but now.  I looked down and clenched my fist.  I'm gonna break their skulls like they did to nightmares.  As I turned I teleported to DreamTale the sun was just getting ready to set.  As I came across those two faced sons of...I stopped on just far enough away to where they couldn't see me.  What am I doing, I thought as I looked at my hands.  I closed them and looked back up.  They were laughing and smiling.  I wasn't gonna hurt them...not yet at least. 

I remembered that nightmare and killer stayed in Killers AU a lot.  As I teleported there I saw the only house that wasn't completely destroyed and broken.  I walked into it and looked around.  I immediately knew that this was their house.  I sighed as I looked through everything.  After searching for a while I got a text from cross asking me where I was.  I told him that I was doing something then turned off the phone and kept looking for what I needed.  I looked over at a box in the corner next to the couch.  I pulled it out and looked through it.  "Perfect," I whispered as I pulled out nightmares purple clothes.  They would fit me just fine but I couldn't find his crown.  I took the clothes and teleported back to DreamTale.  I slipped into them and looked at the sky.  The sun had just finished setting.  I looked around to cover my skull.  I thought about the froth from around the tree.  As I went to the tree and started to undo the cloth.  I wanted to catch them in the act...and I wanted to see what I let my brother go through. 

I couldn't let them see my eyes or skull.  I took off my crown and hid it.  I know that nightmare always sat at the tree while I was gone.  He was probably reading a boon or playing the violin.  I didn't know how to play the violin nor did I have one on me.  But I didn't have a book either so I did the next best thing and just sat looking at the stars.  Me and nightmare loved to stargaze...I wonder if he still did it.  I sat there for about 30 minutes to an hour.  I got so lost looking at the sky that I forgot why I was here.  I remembered why I was doing this when I felt the presence of two people behind me.  I fell quiet as I paid close attention to what they were doing.  I heard mumbling and quiet yelling saying that "it was a bad idea" or "remembered what happened last time".  Once the voices stopped I felt something hit the back of my head pretty hard.  I leaned forward and grabbed my head.  What did they throw at me?  I turned my head a little and saw a decent sized rock that wasn't there before.  As I looked at the rock I felt someone grab my shoulder and pick me up forcefully.  I used the cloth to hide my face. 

My back hit the tree and I had my eyes closed shut.  They probably would notice the skull difference but in case they don't remember breaking nightmares I didn't want them to see my eyes or tongue.  The color difference would give me away easily.  "Let him go," someone yelled.  "We don't want a repeat of last time".  "What.  When Those other skeleton freaks showed up to save nightmares sorry ass.  I'm not afraid of them nor am I afraid of Dream, got it" the person holding me said. I knew who they were.  Sammy was yelling at Jack to let me go.  But I didn't know what they were talking about.  When did nightmare come back here without me knowing, and who came to save him.  My guess is that killer did and maybe someone else.  Wait why did nightmare need saving.  My mind was full of questions but before I had a chance to figure things out I was thrown to the ground.  I landed on my arm and was caught in the cloth a bit.  "You're just as pathetic as last time" Jack said to me, still thinking that I'm nightmare.  I felt him step on my back to keep me down. 

At that point I've had enough.  I spun around to knock jack off and remove the cloth.  I saw Jack trying to catch his balance and Sammy watching him from afar.  I summoned my bow and an arrow.  With that I pointed it right at Jack's head.  Jack looked up furiously expecting to see nightmare but instead he saw me.  I've never seen someone's face drop so fast in my life.  I glared at Jack with hatred in my eyes.  He backed up a bit not knowing what to say.  I started to laugh not because this was funny but because I had answers.  "How many years have you pushed my brother around like that?" I asked.  They didn't answer.  "How many times did you have to hit him or how hard did you hit him for his skull to break".  No answer.  "Do you know how long I was trapped in stone because of that".  No answer.  "Do you know how many innocent people died because of that".  Again no answer.  Jack and Sammy where to stuned to speak.  They backed away slowly.  I shot an arrow right past Jack's head, just far enough to where he could feel the wind from it but it didn't touch him. 

I pulled back another arrow.  "Hundreds if not thousands of innocent people died because of you and your fucken bat" I said pissed off.  Jack again didn't say anything.  I looked at him dead in the eyes.  "Are you still not afraid of me?" I asked before releasing my arrow right into his leg.  Jack yelled in pain and fell to the ground.  Sammy ran for cover.  My focus wasn't on her just yet but her time would come.  I pulled back another arrow as blood dripped down Jack's leg and tears fell down his face.  I shook my head slightly.  "You make me sick just looking at you," I said.  Jack looked up at me with desperateness in his eyes.  He wanted mercy...but there was none.  I went to release the arrow but someone gently grabbed the hand holding it.  I looked up at the person and saw nightmare standing there glaring at jack.  I put the bow down while staring at my brother.  He didn't seem mad or annoyed.  He just seemed so dull.  Jack stared at my brother with tears down his face.  Nightmare walked up to Jack and kneeled next to him.  He grabbed Jack's face and leaned next to his ear.  "I told you" nightmare whispered before throwing his face to the side. 

Jack tried to stand up and run but was unable to do so instead we watched as he crawled away.  It was fun to watch but once nightmare turned to me I lowered my head.  I was ashamed that I let my anger get the best of me.  I didn't notice it but nightmare walked up to me and gently grabbed my shoulder.  "Man I wish I had that on video" he whispered.  "So you're not mad?" I asked.  Nightmare shook his head.  "That you have that bastard what he deserved.  Of course not" I smiled.  "I am mad that you let him hurt you".  I went quiet for a second.  "How did you know I was here?" I asked.  "I'm your brother.  I know when your actions change and when you plan to do something that you normally wouldn't do".  I smiled.  "I'm sorry" I said.  Nightmare put my crown back on me and smiled.  "It's fine," he said.  I wanted to tell him that it wasn't fine but I watched him pick up his phone.  All he said was hello before his face lit up with fear and he teleported away.  I only got one word out of that call and that was..."it's coming".