Im sorry brother (ch 37)

Swearing

A little confusing

Bad grammar

If your confused on anything ask me

This talks about nightmare and dreams backstory (mostly nightmares) none of this is cannon ok

If you find a spelling mistake tell me ok 

                                          ._.

It was 3 weeks after the incident.  Killer was extremely tired a lot of the time.  I let him sleep though.  After 5 weeks we told this to horror and lust.  But no one else.  "WHAT" horror yelled.  He was at least 15 feet in front of me and it still hurt my (non-existent) ears when he yelled.  Killer chuckled.  "Yeah, yeah.  It's surprising, I know" he said.  "Ok I don't understand.  You both were just sleeping then, stars know what the hell happened to your souls" lust said.  I nodded awkwardly.  "Where one of you feeling...horny" lust asked.  "The fuck does that have to do with this" I asked.  "It's just...never mind," lust said.  He sighed.  Horror looked at killers soul.  "You said this happened 5 weeks ago" he asked.  Killer nodded.  "So when are you planning on telling anyone else?" he asked.  Me and killer shrugged.  "Well you're gonna have to say something soon.  You can mostly keep a relationship a secret but hiding a kid.  You aren't getting away with that" horror said, shaking his head a little. 

Lust laughed.  "What" killer asked.  "It's just funny.  Out of everyone.  You guys are the first ones to have a kid" lust said.  We both stared at him.  After a while Killer started to become tired.  I took him home and he fell asleep.  I watched his soul.  It was a bit overwhelming to think about having a kid.  But I've done it before...kinda.  I raised Dream.  I'm more experienced and older now.  Besides, I'm no longer alone.  I smiled and teleported to the cliff with my violin.  I looked around and started to play a lullaby.  I don't know why but I was in the mood for one. 

Half way through though...I heard someone teleport behind me a little.  I stopped playing.  "Ink...error" I said turning around.  They weren't hiding.  Ink was smiling awkwardly and error was just watching.  I sighed.  "You need something," I asked.  They both just looked at each other.  "Well umm....Dream might be having a...panic attack at the moment" ink said.  "Where is he?" I asked without hesitation.  "DreamTale" error said.  I nodded and teleported there.  I left the violin with ink and error.  At the moment I was just worried for Dream.  He's had panic attacks often but I have a feeling that this one was my fault.  I didn't find him next to the tree like usual.  I found him near the river.  He was curled up in a ball sitting and staring at the water.  I walked next to him and sat down also but I didn't look at him, I looked at the sky.  I felt his emotions change from confused, scared, sad to guilty, and sorrow.  I stayed smiling though. 

I looked around to make sure no one was there then turned back.  I saw Dream look at me from the corner of his eyes.  "Why didn't you say anything?" Dream asked.  "You're not gonna like the truth," I said.  "You think I give a fuck right now" Dream asked in a tone.  I smiled and shook my head.  "Hey...watch your fucken language" I said pointing at him a bit.  He smiled faintly.  I looked back at the sky.  It was dusk.  "I wanted to tell you...so bad.  But I was scared" I said.  Dream stared at me.  "You were scared to tell me about your skull," he asked.  "When mom died it was just me and you.  I was like 5, you were 3" I explained.  I sighed tiredly. 

"Some people showed up and mom told me to take you to the village and look for help.  I carried you down the hill and covered your eyes.  She told me not to look back but I did anyway.  I watched her get turned to dust.  The blood...then the dust.  I kept running to the village and once I got there I found help.  But when we went back they were gone...along with a few apples.  The dust was mixed in with the blood and I stared at it for a while.  A few people tapped on my arm to see if we were ok.  I pushed them back though, Out of fear.  A few tried to take us in but it didn't work out so I made it my job to take care of you.  The village called us stubborn a lot but we made it through.  After a while, when you started to make friends...they didn't like me.  I don't know why, but they pushed me around a lot.  To the point where they even brought a bat and hit me with it a few times.  Every time they would leave saying one thing, "tell anyone about this and dream will have the same fun you do".  I didn't want to lose you too, so I kept my mouth shut.  Later, I forgot who it was but they insulted mom so I pushed them.  I didn't see you standing there though" I was cut off when Dream grabbed my shoulder. 

I looked over and he hugged me as tight as he could.  He felt scared and guilty.  He started to mumble.  "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" he said over and over again.  I laughed.  "It's not your fault.  You were sticking up for someone.  I was proud of you doing it but the way you did it and who you did it for might have been a little bit...overkill" I said.  He gripped tighter and Said nothing.  I smiled.  "I'm sorry for biting the apple but...it was life or death" I said.  I felt Dream stop gripping and just tensed up.  "What" he asked scared.  I glared at my reflection in the water.  "They pushed me into the tree and hit the tree with the bat to keep me there.  I could hear your voice so faintly coming this way.  I went to scream your name knowing that you were older and knew how to defend yourself better but they just covered my mouth.  I ended up biting them and they...beat my skull in with the bat.  I fell to the ground and they backed up.  The bat was covered in blood.  My soul appeared and so did my hp.  It was gonna drop to zero.  I knew that food restored hp so I reached for an apple that fell.  It was golden when I reached for it but turned black when I grabbed it.  I thought nothing of it and took a bite". 

"You didn't mean for any of this to happen" Dream whispered.  "I'm glad it happened," I said.  "What" Dream asked.  "If I didn't eat the apple.  You wouldn't have turned to stone.  But you wouldn't have met ink or blue.  Dust and killer would be stuck in their AU and probably would have gone mad.  I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to kill themself after a while.  Horror would be stuck in his AU.  Who knows what would have happened to lust.  Error would continue fighting ink.  You would never have gotten to marry cross.  Something bad would happen to you.  And I would be dead.  Plus...everyone's happy.  If I knew that this would be the outcome of the apple I still would have bitten it.  You guys matter more to me than a broken skull" I said.  Dream rested on my shoulder.  "I'm sorry" he said once more.  "You're sorry for a lot of things that you didn't do," I said.  "I'm sorry that you went through that when I was just standing there being oblivious to you" Dream said.  "Nah" I said.  I thought of killer and everyone else.  "I'm glad you where"

"But...when you woke up some nights you looked...like ink without his vials.  And you barely slept some nights" Dream said.  I closed my eyes for a little.  "Recurring nightmares about mom and about losing you" I said, opening my eyes.  "When I went to the library I found a book on souls.  I found a way to turn off emotions...so I did it to sleep some nights" I explained.  "Why would you do something like that?" Dream asked.  I hesitated.  "I had no energy to keep going.  So I wanted to sleep a lot but couldn't because of those nightmares.  So I turned them off and slept a lot longer than usual.  I had more energy to do things.  Plus it kept the nightmares away" I explained.  I looked up at the night sky.  "I'm sorry" Dream said once more.  "If I hear you say sorry one more time I'm gonna bop you across the head" I said.  I heard him chuckle.  I could tell he was tired.  I thought about the child.  "Hey Dream, can I ask you something".  He looked at me.  "What if I said you're gonna be an..."