Infected (ch 27)

Cussing
Bad grammar and spelling

I stood there staring at dream and cross for a second. "Well umm...killer was walking around in his AU and when he went inside nightmare was there too, killer played nightmares violin a little and-". "Wait wait wait. Killer played nightmares violin" Dream asked, cutting me off. "Yeah, he played it and it sounded terrible". "Nightmare wouldn't let ANYONE touch his violin" Dream explained. "Then again that was his old violin" he whispered. "What did you say?" cross asked. Dream looked up at cross. "Oh nothing, what else happened".

I thought about what happened. "Killer said something about nightmares jacket being comfortable," I explained. "Comfortable, as in soft or..." cross asked. I shrugged. "Comfortable...anything else" Dream asked. "Nope that was it" I said. "Oh...so they are together" Dream asked. "Don't know nothing really happened to prove that they 100% are together so far it's like 51%" I explained. "Ok I guess...I'm gonna go look for something cross you coming" Dream asked. "I'll be there in a second you go on a head" cross replied. "Ok...bye ink" Dream said walking away. Cross brought his attention to me. "What happened?" he asked.

(Cross point of view)

What ink said got my attention. When he said Nope that was it he meant I have more to say just not now. I waited for Dream to walk away then asked ink about it. We both stared at each other. "What happened?" I asked. "I'll send you the audio when you get time, listen to it," he said walking next to me. He stopped behind me looking at dream who was walking away from us. He didn't hear anything. "What is it about?" I asked. "Something that will for sure get Dream to have a panic attack" ink said teleporting away. I walked towards Dream. He was going to the tree on top of the hill.

I got a text from ink. It was the audio he was talking about. I ignored it for now. Me and dream talked for a bit. It was mostly about nightmare and killer. "So do you think they are together?" Dream asked. "Why do you care so much if they are together or not?" I asked. "I don't care much, it's just that I wanna know. Come on you know for a fact nightmare would do the same to us" Dream said. "He has done the same to us," I whispered. "What was that?". "Nothing". I gently grabbed Dream's hand and looked at the big tree.

"Well...I promised horror I would meet up with him so I should probably go" I said kissing Dream on the head. "Aww. Well see you later hun" Dream said. "Yeah love you". "Love you too". I teleported away to the doodle sphere. Ink wasn't here and it was a place where nothing could really bother you...except an emotionless squid and a broken windows computer. I sat down and pulled out my phone and listened to the audio. I believe it was a conversation between nightmare and killer.

"Night what happened," killer asked. "Uh. Nothing's wrong killer" nightmare said. I wonder what was happening. It was just an audio recording so there was nothing to look at. killer chuckled weirdly. "I've been with you long enough to know when you're lying or not," killer said. "Hmm. You're getting better".
Nightmare complimenting someone that's a first. "Don't try flattering me right now, what happened? '' killer said. "Killer it's-" it went quiet. "Nightmare what the hell. I told you to take care of it". killer yelled at NIGHTMARE I thought to myself. "Listen I know it looks bad but I'm fine-". "I told you to take it easy". "I was taking it easy, this just started to happen" nightmare said. Killer cut off nightmare and he didn't get upset about it. What the hell was happening.

"It's not that big of a deal kill kill" nightmare said. Kill kill? Nightmare gave killer a nickname? "You are the most stubborn person when it comes to asking for help," killer said. "Meh. I might be stubborn but you are the over exaggerating one" nightmare said sarcastically. "Oh my stars, I'm not over exaggerating and stop trying to change the subject," killer replied. It sounded like they were arguing but they weren't full on yelling. Nightmare didn't take care of something and killer got mad at him. "Is this why you didn't wanna go for a walk with me?" killer asked. "Believe me if my leg wasn't infected right now I would" nightmare replied. The recording stopped. "Infected," I whispered. "Nightmares leg is infected".

I thought about it. I did remember Dream saying that he saw nightmare limping one day. Besides after that little battle we had with 404 and bill nightmare didn't really come out of his room much. Sure he was there but he never came out. Maybe one a day but that was to check on us and make sure we didn't set the place on fire...again. Also I remember when we were fighting nightmare had a bone go through his leg. He didn't care for his injuries. I thought they healed because of his goop. I listen to the recording again to see if I missed anything.

After I finished the second time I noticed some things that I didn't think much of at first. 1. Nightmare complemented Killer on his ability to know when he's lying but he also said that "I've been with you long enough to know when you're lying or not" meaning that killers either hung out with him a lot or have BEEN with him for a while. 2. Nightmare didn't get mad. Usually no one yells at nightmare unless they want to be turned to dust. We found that out on one of our missions when someone talked back to nightmare and he ended them quickly. And 3. Killer called nightmare night. I remember once when dust called him that nightmare just gave him a death look. Only dream called him that and still nightmare didn't like it too much but he didn't care when killer did it.

I kept thinking. They probably are together. I mean the nicknames, them being in an abandoned AU, nightmare freaking out when killer went missing, all of it it would be funny to think that they aren't together. One more thing nightmare trusted killer to play his violin. Dream mentioned that no one could touch nightmares violin. But according to ink killer played the violin. Nightmare usually doesn't trust anyone with his things, not even dream. I tried not to think about it much.

(Killers point of view)

"I'm gonna smack you" I whispered. Nightmare was sitting on the couch with his leg up. We put bandages on it when we found out it was infected. It looks red on the outside and purple more towards the wound. It looked terrible. I sat down next to nightmare. He didn't have any goop on him. "What" he asked. "You don't fucken take care of yourself and now your leg is infected" I explained angrily. I leaned my head on his shoulder. I didn't have the energy to fight with him right now. Nightmare put his hand around me and gently grabbed my side. "Kilz you don't need to worry I'm fine I've been through worse" nightmare explained. "Skull doesn't count," I said.

Nightmare chuckled a bit. "I wasn't talking about that". "Then, What were you talking about?" I asked. "Remember the story of that black apple I ate". I nodded my head. "That shit hurt way more than this little thing," he explained. "How bad did it hurt?" I asked. "To the point where I was screaming on the ground". Nightmare said that with a smile but he also said it sarcastically. I think he did that to make me feel a little better. I nuzzled into his shoulder a little. "We should probably take care of your leg now," I said. Nightmare held on tighter. "Nah I'm fine right here".