A normal day (ch 23)

Once I woke up it was around 5:25am. I was still coddling killer. He was sleeping so peacefully. I tried not to wake him up but I couldn't stay here. If anyone saw me here there would be a lot of explanation to do. Also I was in my passive form so that would just make it worse. I moved out of the bed without waking killer up. I slowly stood up on my right foot so I didn't hurt my knee. I grabbed the wall and switched forms. I looked at killer, he was still sleeping. I teleported to my room and sat on my bed. Then switched back and looked at my left knee.

The bandages were covered in goop. I removed them and looked at my knee. It didn't change much. I laid back down and tried to go back to sleep. It took a while but I finally took an hour nap. Once I woke up I went to check on killer. He was still asleep. I went to the kitchen and spotted horror drinking coffee. "Did you make me one?" I asked jokingly. Horror looked at me and chuckled. "I thought you would be asleep longer," he said. I crossed my arms and leaned against the wall, I did this mainly to stay off my left leg. "You should know by now that's never gonna happen".

He smiled and shook his head. "So how's killer" he asked. I shrugged. "Tired I guess". Horror looked at his coffee. "Well you should probably have someone look at your knee if it's still bothering you" he said. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "You think I didn't notice the way you walked in the room, or how slow you moved. Also I can tell you're in pain by the way you desperately went to the wall to hold yourself up" horror said with a tiny grin. "Never doubted your skills," I said, impressed. Horror gave a tired laugh. "After a sphere goes through your skull you pay attention to little details a lot more than usual" horror said. I zoned out for a second. "Yeah, yeah you do," I said quietly.

It was quiet for a second. "So...we're gonna talk about the elephant in the room" horror said. "What elephant?" I asked. "Bill and 404". I was furious at their names. Not just because of what they did to everyone, but because of what they did to killer and dream. I swear to the stars they will pay for what they did. "Nightmare" horror said sternly. "Huh-what" I asked, shaking my head. I zoned out again. "You're skull good because you keep zoning out" horror said. "Im...I'm fine, don't worry, just a little stressed". "I think everyone is," horror replied.

I heard something drop and hit the ground from another room. "Who was that?" horror asked. I shrugged. "I'll go see," I said, walking away slowly. "You want me to check since you can't walk well" horror asked. "Nah I'm fine". "It's not a bad thing to ask for help every once in a while" horror said quietly. "I will if I need it" I said from down the hall. The noise came from dust room. I knocked on the door. "Hey dust, are you ok?" I asked. "Yeah I'm fine," he said quietly. "You don't sound it". "Well I am, ok". I walked in a bit without making too much noise.

Dust was sitting on the ground holding his head up with his fist. He was looking at one of his bones. "What do you got there?" I asked. Dust turned around. "Nothing," he said quietly. I slowly walked towards him and sat next to him. "Ok what happened" I said, patting him on the back a little. Dust didn't say anything. "What made you grumpy?" I asked. He still didn't say anything. I didn't have anything to do so I could sit here for hours. I have the patience to do it. Dust closed his eyes. "I'm waiting for them to come back," he finally said. "404 and bill" I asked, knowing who he was talking about. "No, the annoying dog,'' Dust said sarcastically. "Ahh yes our greatest enemy" I said joking around. That got a laugh out of dust.

"When they come back we will be ready" I said. "But when will they come back?" Dust replied. "We-" I tried speaking but dust cut me off. "When are they coming? Who will they take? What if it's one of the star sans or us. Why did they take the killer I mean they took him so easily. What stops them from doing it again? What's stopping them from killing someone". Dust stopped talking when I started laughing. "What. What's so funny? ''Dust said, a little angry. "I'm sorry it's just...when you started dating blue you changed. Before you wouldn't have cared about all of this but now you're thinking of all the negative possibilities that could happen" I explained. Dust stopped and looked down.

He chuckled awkwardly. "Yeah I guess you're right, thanks". Dust patted me on the back unaware of my injuries there. I smiled through the pain. "Thanks again". "Meh I think you needed to get that out of your skeleton system" I said trying to make a joke. "Really" dust said unimpressed. I chuckled tiredly. "I don't know how you make puns," I explained. "Yeah me neither it just comes when it wants to". I stood up and walked to the door. "Also what fell? '' I asked. Dust tilted his head confused. "I heard something drop". "Oh, that's just my jacket," dust explained. "Your jacket made that much noise" I asked, confused. "I was inside of it, '' dust said shrugging.

I facepalmed myself laughing a bit. "Oh my stars dust". I walked out of the room and I heard killer moving around in his room. I knocked on the door. "Kilz you awake" I asked. "I-oh-nightmare, y-yeah I'm fine" killer said worriedly. "Umm Kilz you sure" I asked. "No I'm not," killer said quietly. I opened the door. Killer was sitting up on his bed holding his head. "Hay Kilz you ok" I asked, sitting next to him. "Nightmare I'm...im sorry the ring I don't know where it went I've looked everywhere I don't know if 404 or bill took it but-" I kissed killer on the check cutting him off. Then I laughed a bit.

Killer was confused. I stopped laughing and pulled out the ring from my pocket. "Oh my stars you have it" killer said, relieved. "Yeah 404 and bill through it to me when we were fighting" I explained. Killer put the ring on then rested his head on my good shoulder. I moved my hand around his waist. I wasn't gonna let 404 or bill hurt any of us again.