Chapter 1 Part 2: The River's Edge

- - - - TAMAKI LODGE - - - -   Scott is in his bed room, meditating, surrounded by candles

   Scott is in his bed room, meditating, surrounded by candles. But it's difficult for him to focus, his mind is racing, it is difficult to clear his mind. Suddenly he hears his alarm on his phone, it is 7:30am. Scott gets up from his meditation pose and starts to get ready for school.
- - - - RIVERDALE HIGH SCHOOL - - - -

  Betty is giving a tour of the school to both Veronica and Scott, out of the two new kid Scott is the only one who is interested in what Betty is saying, "So, I usually start off my tours with a little history and context

Betty is giving a tour of the school to both Veronica and Scott, out of the two new kid Scott is the only one who is interested in what Betty is saying, "So, I usually start off my tours with a little history and context. Riverdale High first opened its doors in 1941 and..."Veronica interjects with "And hasn't been redecorated since, apparently. Honestly, I feel like I'm wandering through the lost epilogue of Our Town." Betty and Scott look at each other with confused looks, not really understanding the reference.

Veronica ask what the night life is like in the small town when out of the corner Kevin Keller interject, being the obvious expert of this subject."A strip club called the Ho Zone and a tragic gay bar called Innuendo. Friday nights, football games and then tailgate parties at the Mallmart parking lot, Saturday night is movie night, regardless of what's playing at the Bijou, and you better get there early, because we don't have reserved seating in Riverdale. And Sunday nights... Thank God for HBO."

     Betty then introduces the two new friends to her gay best friend, "Veronica Lodge, Scott Wilson, Kevin Keller" Scott places his hand out and shakes Kevin's hand "Hey" Scott says, "Veronica and Scott are new here. Kevin is..." Before Betty could finish, Veronica immediately interjects"...gay, thank God. Let's be best friends" Veronica say energetically happy to have made another friend "Is it true what they say about your dad?" Kevin says, making everyone uncomfortable with the statement."That he's the devil incarnate? I stand by my father. Does everyone here know? Wonderful. Ten minutes in and I'm already the Blue Jasmine of Riverdale High." Veronica and Scott walk off, with Betty giving Kevin an annoyed look.

    Betty continues to gives the tour school when suddenly Veronica notices Archie down the hall. "There's the hottie we were with last night. The red-headed Ansel Elgort" Scott looks at Archie, not really seeing the appeal. "Is he your boyfriend?" Veronica ask and Betty and Kevin answer at the same time. "No, he's straight" Kevin Says "No, we're just friends" Betty Says.

   Veronica leans over to ask if Betty can put in a good word for her while Scott rolls his eyes "Actually, to clarify... Betty and Archie aren't dating, but they are endgame" Kevin says, Veronica insist that she should ask Archie out to the back to school formal but Betty is afraid of rejection "Betty, I'm not an expert of relationship drama, but my Grandfather once told me that time and love are very similar things. They both have expectation dates" Betty takes what Scott says to the heart and will remember that. Kevin interjects with "but I heard it might be getting canceled. Because of what happened to Jason. They're gonna tell us at the assembly". Kevin says giving both Veronica and Scott pause to this new info. "Who's Jason" Scott questions "And what happened to him?" Veronica questions.

- - - - GYMNASIUM- - - -

Cheryl Blossom, dressed in all black, is giving a memorial for her brother Jason. While Cheryl is giving her speech, Betty looks very uncomfortable, like she could jump out of her skin. While Cheryl is giving her speech, Archie is staring at the Riverdale Highs music teacher Ms.Grundy. No one noticed the staring that changed to longing looks, No one except Scott.

                         - - - - CAFETERIA - - - -

Scott walks out to the outside Cafeteria at the high school, he starts to scan around trying to find a place to sit but he can't find any. Before he walks off, Scott here's someone call for his name. He looks over his shoulder to see Veronica waving over, She was sitting at a table with Archie, Betty and Kevin. Scott joins the four at the table, Archie has to leave because he has a meeting with Ms.Grundy. Scott finds this odd but doesn't think anymore about it. While Scott, Betty, Kevin and Veronica, Cheryl comes to the table to introduce herself to the two new kids. "Veronica Lodge, and Weird new boy, I'd heard whisperings. I'm Cheryl Blossom, may I sit? Betty, would you mind?" Betty, reluctantly gets up from her seat to give Cheryl a seat, Scott does not like this at all.

      Cheryl continues to talk when Veronica says that her and Scott had to find Extracurricular activities, Cheryl than invites Veronica to try out for cheerleading group ,The River Vixens, "Is cheerleading still a thing?" Kevin questions , "Is being the Gay Best Friend still a thing?" Cheryl says with fire in her tone. Veronica than says that not only is Betty trying out with her, But Scott is also trying out for the Football team. Both Betty and Scott are shocked by this revelation proclaimed by Veronica. Cheryl says yes and leaves the four as quick as she came, To Scott when she left a sigh of relief left his body. Something about Cheryl just didn't feel right.

   - - - - FOOTBALL FIELD - - - -
Scott is now wearing a Riverdale Bulldogs football tryout uniform, on the field Scott is untouchable literally no one can stop or touch him. Everyone of the players are impressed at the sight of this apparent Football prodigy. "Wilson" Scott looks up and sees Coach Clayton, with Archie standing next to him, calling him over. "Yes Coach" Scott ask, Coach Clayton throws Scott a jersey with the number 45 on it. Any other High School Boy would be ecstatic to be apart of the football team, But Scott has a look of disappointment on his face, Coach Clayton notices this and ask if there's a problem, Scott is about to say something But Archie jumps in and speaks up "Nothing Coach, Scott just a little tired from practice that's all." Scott looks at Coach Clayton and nods in agreement.

Later, Archie and Scott are talking along the football field as to why Scott didn't want to play. "There were a lot of guys at my old school who were a bunch of jocks that picked on the little guy or prayed on the weak and I just don't want to be like those guys, besides I'm only doing this because Veronica basically forced me to," Archie looks surprised by the last statement, "Veronica? Why did she want you to join?" Archie questions, "Because her and Betty are trying out for cheerleaders and she thought it would be cool if the two new kids rose to the social top over night and I honestly don't know why I said yes" Suddenly Archie and Scott look up to see Betty and Veronica, wearing cheerleading uniforms. Veronica is calling them over to talk

       "Betty here has something she wants to ask you about the Back-to-School dance. Go on, Betty, ask." Veronica says, Scott knows where this is going while Archie gives an oblivious look. "I was wondering if you two wanted to come with both of us." Everyone is shocked and confused by Bettys question, "I mean Veronica, this is you and Scott's first dance at Riverdale. You two should have go with someone, even if it's just a friend." Scott reluctantly agrees but Archie declines the offer "Totally unacceptable, Archiekins"Veronica says. "Take a break from being a tortured musical genius and come spend a blissful evening with not one, but two newly-minted River Vixens." Archie looks over to Scott who shrugs his shoulders "If I can play football, You can go to a dance" Archie than says yes to the offer of the four of them going to the dance together.