Chapter 12 Part 2: Anatomy of a Murder

- - - - TAMAKI LODGE- - - -   The next morning, after leaving from the police station, Scott is getting ready for school, but is lost in thought

   The next morning, after leaving from the police station, Scott is getting ready for school, but is lost in thought. He felt bad for his friend Jug, but he knew FP was innocent, so why would he confess? Unless there was something else he was missing. As Scott is finishing up, packing his bookbag, Angus comes up from behind him and hands him one of his textbooks.

Angus: You forgetting something?

Scott: Thanks.

Angus: How're you feeling?

Scott: It doesn't matter how I'm feeling. I'm not the one who's Dad is behind bars for allegedly killing a teenager.

Angus: You've talked him?

Scott: He's not returning my call, and honestly I don't blame him. What would you do if you were in his shoes?

Angus: I honestly don't know boyo.

Scott: Exactly, and you know what the sad part is? No one wants to know.

Scott grabs his bag and walks out the door. As he walks outside, he lets out a deep sigh just before getting into his car. Knowing that once he gets to school, all hell will probably break lose.

- - - - CAFETERIA- - - -
At school, that thought on everyone's mind was the big revelation of FP killing Jason. No one could think of anything else. At lunch Scott, Veronica, Betty, and Archie were all sitting together,

Betty: The police report said FP worked alone.

Archie: No mention of your dad, Ronnie. That's good news, right?

Veronica: I can't stop thinking that... Maybe my dad hired another Serpent to plant that gun.

Scott puts his arm around Veronica, comforting his new girlfriend, as she rest her head on his shoulder. Suddenly, Kevin joins the four

Kevin: It's surreal, isn't it? How's Jughead doing?

Betty: Not good.

Archie: He's not coming in today. He's at the station. -

Scott: Being grilled by your dad.

Kevin: Who's just doing his job. I mean, of course he's gonna ask Jughead questions.

Betty: Okay, well, he's wasting his time, Kev. Because FP didn't kill Jason.

Kevin; Betty, he confessed.

Betty: Or he was coerced. Or he's protecting someone, maybe a Serpent. My mom saw him and Joaquin together...

Kevin: Don't! Do not drag my boyfriend into this.

Betty: What're you...

While Betty and Kevin are about to argue, Archie notices something that gives him pause.

Archie: Oh, no.

Betty: What?

The friend group looks up to see Jughead, walking in the cafeteria. The look on his face screamed everything he was feeling... depression, lost, and acceptance. His eyes were red, meaning that he possibly cried before walking in the school.

Veronica: What happened to him not coming in today?

Scott: Guess he changed his mind.

All eyes are following Jughead, who stops in front of Cheryl. Cheryl looks up at Jughead, with a sort of disgust in her face.

Jughead: I'm sorry, Cheryl.

There's a brief silence as Cheryl gets up and stares Jughead in the eye. Suddenly, she slaps right across the face. As she begins to bang on his chest, Scott immediately gets up, followed by the rest of his friends to break up the fight. Scott pulls Cheryl off of Jughead, as soon as Principal Weatherbee walks in the cafeteria. Cheryl pushes Scott away from here, as she leaves the cafeteria crying

Principal Weatherbee: Enough! Mr. Jones, you need to come with me.

Archie: He was apologizing.

Scott: Yeah, he didn't do anything wrong!

Principal Weatherbee: Right now.

As quickly as Jughead walked into the cafeteria he leaves shortly after, led by Principal Weatherbee. There's a aura of shock in the cafeteria, none of the students can believe what they just saw. With Scott left wondering how can he fix this broken feeling that's felt from everyone.

- - - - SCHOOL HALLWAY- - - -
Moments after the incident in the cafeteria. Betty and Scott are waiting for Jughead to get out of the principals office. As Jug walks out of the Principals office, Betty and Scott quickly get up to follow Jug, who almost seems like he didn't even notice them.

Betty: What happened in there?

Jughead: My second interrogation of the day. Don't know who's more of a dick, Keller or Weatherbee.

Betty: Don't listen to them. Everyone else is wrong. Your dad's innocent, and we just need to prove it, Jug.

Jughead: Who killed him, then, Betty? Tell me. If it wasn't my dad, who killed Jason Blossom?

Scott: Look I get it, things seem bad now. But we think there's another piece we're not seeing here. Even you gotta admit, somethings aren't adding up here.

Jughead: Guys, he said he did it, and you know what? I've been waiting my whole life for that man to do the right thing, and I'm done. You should be, too.

Betty: Jug.

Scott: Give him some time, alright.

Both Betty and Scott stand there alone, in the hallway, as they watch Jughead leave the school.

- - - - TAMAKI LODGE- - - -
After School, Scott returned home and was lost in thought. He was standing in the middle of his living room, just looking out his window. As he continues looking out the window, a familiar voice catches his attention.

Angus: Penny for your thoughts.

Scott: I feel like I let people down. When I put on that costume, I wanted to make a difference. I feel less like a hero and more like a plague.

Angus: "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be
courageous; be strong. First Corinthians, 16:13.

Scott: I thought you weren't religious person.

Angus: Doesn't mean I skimmed through a few pages. I understand things may seem bad now, but you can't give up on these people.

Angus than gets up, to join Scott at the window to make sure he's hearing the words he's saying

Angus: This town, your friends, The Lodge girl. They need someone to do the things others won't. In a town of demons, this town needs an Angel to protect it.

Scott: No, not an Angel... it needs a Devil.

Scott leaves from the window and heads for the stairs, with a now determined purpose and a goal in mind.

Angus: Where are you going?

Scott: Like you said, I can't give up now, I need to go back to the source. There seems to be three people, who are connected to the murder, all three know the truth, but one of them is in jail and two of them are out free. Those three know the truth, and I know how they're gonna spill it.

Scott heads upstairs, leaving Angus alone watching this determined, brave, and slightly crazy young man do the impossible. Making a change, in a town that seemingly doesn't want to change. Justice needed to be brought to Riverdale, and The Knight was going to do it.