Chapter 2 Part 1: A Touch of Evil

Jugehead VO: I think many of us, maybe the entire town, had been hoping against hope that somehow Jason Blossom hadn't drowned on July 4th

Jugehead VO: I think many of us, maybe the entire town, had been hoping against hope that somehow Jason Blossom hadn't drowned on July 4th. That we'd come to school Monday morning, and there Jason would be. Or that we'd see him and Cheryl in a booth at Pop's. But that was before the undeniable, irrevocable fact of his bloated, water-logged body, a corpse with a bullet hole in its forehead, and terrible secrets that could only be revealed by the cold, steel blade of a coroner's autopsy scalpel, or the telltale beating of a guilty heart.

- - - - TAMAKI LODGE - - - -

Scott is in the dark sitting in his easy chair, with a cup of coffee. Scotts eyes are fixated on The fireplace as its roaring with fire, his eyes than transition up to the painting portrait of his parents. Scott couldn't get the image of Jason's dead body out of his head, Sure he wasn't a big fan of Cheryl Blossom but he could relate to her. He knew what it was like to lose family, and no one should ever go through what he went through when he was young.

                   - - - - RIVERDALE HIGH - - - -

    Students are crying and paying respect to Jason at Riverdale High

    Students are crying and paying respect to Jason at Riverdale High. His Locker is covered with flowers, stuffed animals and Goodbye Cards. Scott is in the distance watching all the students mourn their Golden Boy. Suddenly Scott hears someone call his name, He turns around and it's Archie, who just arrived at School and his headed to his locker which Is conveniently right next to Jason's, "Did you know him?" Scott ask Archie, "Kinda, he was practically the star of Riverdale" Archie said "Well, Every Star dims out eventually, one way or another" Scott said in a dry, emotionless tone.

     "Listen Scott, about last night at Cheryl party I..." Before Archie can finish his apology, Scott stops and reaffirms him that they're are no hard feelings and it's water under the bridge. Scott heads to his next class, while Archie heads for his locker. Scott doesn't go to class. He insteads heads to the gymnasium and sits underneath the bleachers. That feeling he had last night is still haunting his mind. While underneath the bleachers, Scott hears over the intercom Cheryl, Sheriff Keller and Principal Wheterbee announcing to the school that Jason Blossom was indeed murderd, All the students are shocked by this announcement, with Scott not shocked but more filled with rage and anger.

                    - - - - BIOLOGY CLASS - - - -

     Scott arrives in Biology Class, three minutes late. because he was late, he now has to partner with Betty and Veronica. He was nervous because he doesn't want to stir up anymore trouble between. He slowly walks over to the duo and sits in the middle, Uncomfortable would be putting it lightly how Scott feels right now being in the middle of these two, He was hoping really soon that this class would end quickly.

                            - - - -CAFETERIA- - - -
    After class Betty, Scott, Veronica and Kevin are walking together, with food trays, chatting with each other. They see Archie sitting by himself playing on his guitar and the four decide to join him. "Archie!" Veronica says "Any new material you wanna try out on a very forgiving audience?" Archie doesn't know what to say until Betty also ask to hear Archie song, "Yeah man, let's hear it" Scott says also chiming in, He felt this was the best way to clear the air between the four after what happened yesterday at Cheryl's party. "I'm still working on the lyrics, so... Okay"

    Archie begins to play the song on his guitar with all his friends listening in. Suddenly Betty starts to weep, Scott is the first to notice and begins patting her on the back "Betty are you okay" Scott asked being concerned for his friend "I'm supposed to say, "Yes." That's what the nice girl always says, but... No, I'm not" Betty says "I want to be. I thought I could be. But it's too much, too fast. Archie..." Betty gets up and leaves as quickly as she can with Archie rushing to chase after her. Scott, Veronica and Kevin are watching all of this from the distance, as soon as Mr.Wheterbee comes and takes Archie away, Scott gets up and follows Betty.

- - - -GYMNASIUM- - - -
Betty is sitting by herself crying, hidden behind the bleachers. She's feeling terrible, as if she's made a mistake not only trying to make amends with Archie to fast but even coming to school today. "It's not your fault" Betty looks up to see Scott standing there looking down at her with his comforting blue eyes. He sits down next to her "Than why do I feel like this, Me and Archie have been best friends since we were Kids but now after this I don't know if that'll ever be repaired again Scott"

   Scott felt her pain and wish he could make it all go away but he couldn't do that, even though deep down he wanted too "What you're feeling right now is heartbreak and we've all experienced once and while" Scott says "But hearts always get repaired Betty I promise, it's gonna get better" She smiles at Scott she than places her head on his shoulder "You're the only good person in the town Scott" Scott was taken back by what she said, deep down he didn't know if that was true

                           - - - - HALLWAY - - - -
Later, Scott was in the hallway lost trying to find his next class. In the distance he sees someone and calls out for them. "Hey, you know where Mr.Lee History Class is?" Scott asked the student. "Yeah actually that's where I'm headed now, let me show you" Scott thanks the student and introduces himself "Thanks, by the way I'm Scott Wilson" The student shakes his hand and introduces himself. "I'm Jughead" Scott is take aback by the name was not expecting that but appreciates his confidence. "Nice name" Scott said casually and with a friendly tone

As they continue walking Jughead stops dead in his tracks "What is it?" Jughead waves Scott to come to the door window. There they both see Archie and Ms.Grundy embarrassing each other in a romantic sense. They are both in shocked as to what they are both seeing. Scott always felt something was up with Archie and Ms.Grundy, but he never wanted to accept nor believe it.