Chapter 5 Part 2: Heart of Darkness

- - - -TAMAKI LODGE- - - -   Scott is sitting at his desk, doing some homework

   Scott is sitting at his desk, doing some homework. But he is distracted about all that is going on in his life right now. His conflicted feelings for Veronica, helping Betty solve the murder of Jason Blossom and his night time job as a masked vigilante. Suddenly Scott's phone rang and, speak of the devil, it's Veronica.

Scott[OTP]: Hey Veronica, what's up.

Veronica[OTP]: Hey Scott, I don't know if I told you this but I'm gonna be spending the night at Cheryls tomorrow night.

Scott[OTP]: Wait, what? Why?

Veronica[OTP]: She invited me, she said she didn't wanna be alone the night before she buries her brother.

Scott[OTP]: Yeah, Understandable. But why tell me and not Betty.

Veronica[OTP]: Oh..Well I guess I just wanted to let you know.

Scott[OTP]: Thanks Veronica I really appreciate that. Be safe alright.

Veronica [OTP]: I always am.

Scott and Veronica end their call. Scott looks out the window to see that it's almost dark, meaning it's time to start his night job.

- - - - STUDENT LOUNGE - - - -
At school the next day, Betty is filling Scott and Jughead in on what her Dad told her about Jason and Polly relationship.

Jughead: Betty, I'm sorry. That's hardcore.

Scott: What did you say after your dad told you all of this?

Betty: I asked my dad if I could call Polly. He said she was doing better. But then, when she heard about Jason's death, she had a big setback. He doesn't want to risk another one.

Scott: Something not adding up to me, Why does a rich kid sell drugs?

Betty: He was running away from his parents.

Jughead. Yeah. Probably. Or drug dealers.

Scott: Or Gangs.

Scott specifically referencing the Southside Serpents in particular.

Betty: Oh, my God. Is that possible?

Jughead: It's a theory. You twos are more likely.

Scott: But why would he have to run away from mommy and daddy?

Betty: Because they're monsters.

Scott: Yeah, but why, specifically.

Betty: Well, we can't exactly just ask them.

Jughead: So we have to ask Jason.

Betty and Scott look up at Jughead, Betty didn't catch on just quickly but Scott immediately reached for his backpack looking for something.