Chapter 8 Part 1: The Outsiders

JUGHEAD VO:  The Coopers

JUGHEAD VO:  The Coopers. The Stepfords of Riverdale. High school sweethearts who got married and had two beautiful daughters, Polly and Betty... Until Jason Blossom happened. And now, we would hear from the person who was closest to him those days leading up to his disappearance... Polly Cooper.
    How a casual conversation turned into an epic, forbidden romance. How, for reasons still murky, theirrespective parents tried to tear them apart. How their break-up was short-lived, because Polly soon learned she was pregnant with Jason's baby. How they became secretly engaged with his grandmother's blessing and her heirloom ring, and made plans to run away together, to start a new life. And how their dreams of escape went up in flames.

- - - -THE PEMBROKE- - - -
Polly, joined by Betty, Veronica and Hermione, is explaining her story to sheriff Keller. But just outside the Pembroke, The Mask Vigilante is watching from a distance with binoculars. He has been keeping a watchful eye of the place, ever since what Cheryl said at Pops. He felt responsible for putting Polly in this predicament, after saving her from the Sisters of Quiet Mercy.

- - - - RIVERDALE HIGH - - - -
The next day at school. Betty is explaining the current situation she is in to her friends.

Betty: Polly's convinced herself that no one wants her baby.

Kevin: Besides, of course, the child-snatching Blossom monsters. No offense, Cheryl.

Cheryl: None taken.

Jughead: So your mom and dad want Polly but not the baby,

Scott: But the Blossoms want the baby and not Polly. That's a true Gordian knot.

Betty: It's an impossible situation.

Veronica: Betty, come on. An impossible situation is being invited to both the Vanity Flair Oscar party and Elton John's Oscar party on the same night. Which happened to me one year, I know. This is merely an annoying situation. But luckily, I've been percolating on an idea, hellishly simple in its conception. What if my mom and I were to host a baby shower?

Cheryl: Count me in.

Veronica: You want Polly to feel loved and supported, right?

Betty: Yeah, but ideally by her own parents.

Veronica: Okay, so, baby steps, girl. Get Polly and your parents in the same room in a public setting where they can't fight, and, voila, let the healing begin.

Jughead: Am I expected to come to this thing?

Veronica: Of course! You're Betty's boyfriend, so...