Chapter 10 Part 3: The Lost Weekend

- - - - ANDREWS GARAGE - - - -   While everyone is inside the Andrews House, enjoying the party

   While everyone is inside the Andrews House, enjoying the party. Jughead and Scott are in the garage, tossing a baseball. Scott felt bad that Jughead was in the middle of this, and he wanted to be a good friend and stick with him.

Jughead: You think they're enjoying the party?

Scott: Honestly, I don't give a damn.

   Suddenly, the garage front door opens and Archie walks through,all sweaty and out of breath.

Archie: Dude, Valerie just got here. You think she wants me back?

Jughead: Archie, as my blood-brother, it was your sole responsibility to ensure that something like this never happened on my birthday. And now we're here. In the middle of a Seth Rogen movie.

Archie: This was Betty's idea, okay? I just went along with it.

Scott: Well, Betty wasn't the one that screamed "put the keg in the back".

Archie: What was I supposed to do?

Scott: I don't know, maybe tell them to piss off would've been nice.

Archie: Look the quicker we all get through this, the quicker we can all go home after alright?

Jughead; It's just so not me.

Archie: It doesn't matter, Jughead, you're her boyfriend now.

Jughead: What does that mean?

Archie: It means you're getting your birthday party whether you want one or not.

    As the conversation gets more heated, the door opens again with Jugheads Dad walking through this time. Jughead is shocked to see that his Dad showed up, he's borderline speechless.

Jughead: Dad, hey.

F.P. : Happy birthday, Jughead.

Archie: How are you, Mr. Jones?

F.P.Happy to be here, celebrating with my son. Didn't realize you had so many friends.

Jughead: I don't. And fair warning. You're the only adult here.

F.P. : So I gather...Where can I put this?

Jughead: There's a table in the den. Dad...Did Betty call you?

F.P. :Yeah, she came by too. She knows what she wants, that one.

  Scott feels the awkwardness brewing from the room and thinks that it might be best for him to step
Out for a sec.

Scott: Um, I'm gonna get something to drink. It was nice seeing you again Mr. Jones.

F.P.: Yeah, you too kid.

  As Scott walks out, F.P. turns around. Their was something familiar about Scott, that he just couldn't put his finger on. Outside, Scott heads to the cooler and grabs a soda. As he walks inside, he bumps shoulders with non other than Chuck Clayton.