Chapter 3 Part 2: Body Double

- - - - SCOUT HEADQUARTERS- - - - A group of cub scouts are gathered in a straight line, being commanded by Dilton Doiley

A group of cub scouts are gathered in a straight line, being commanded by Dilton Doiley. Scott and Jughead arrived at the facility to confront Dilton. Scott's mind was elsewhere, still thinking about what happened to Veronica, but he knew he has to focus on the task at hand

Jughead: At ease, Doiley.

Doiley: Jughead, Who's this?

Jughead: This is my friend and ace photographer, Scott Wilson. Scott, Dilton

Scott: Cheese (Scott takes a quick photo of Dilton)

Doiley: What the hell do you two want?

Jughead: I'm writing an article for the Blue and Gold. And we were hoping you can help.

Doiley: Dismissed. But stay close.

As the scouts go elsewhere, one scout catches Scott's eye. This one scout is staring at Scott like he wants to say something but is too scared too. Scott watches the kid run away. He is growing more and more suspicious.

Jughead: Cheryl and Archie both say they heard a gunshot the morning of July 4th, but they don't know who fired.

Doiley: Sherriff Keller already asked me about this. And like I told him, my Scouts and I, we didn't hear anything weird.

Scott: Well, did you see anything weird?

Doiley: A white-winged crossbill.A long-eared owl. Oh. And Cheryl, sitting by the river, soaking wet.

Jughead and Scott realize their not getting anything out of Dilton and begin to leave.

Scott: Hey kid over there? I thinks he may knows something.

Jughead: You sure?

Scott: One way to find out

Scott and Jughead head out and head to the Blue and Gold

- - - - TAMAKI LODGE - - - -
Scott is in his room, punching a punching bag. Scott is using this bag to let out his emotions. He can't stop thinking about all the things that have happened. From Investigating the murder to what happened with Veronica. Earlier, after what happened in the locker room, Scott felt that football team was no place for him and left the team permanently.
He continues punching the bag, sweat is coming down his face. His focus now is on Veronica and how he hated Chuck for what he did to her. He punches it faster and harder when suddenly he punches the bag so hard, the bag breaks a part and sand is pouring out profusely. Scott was distressed, he's now a ticking time bomb, just waiting to explode.
   As Scott begins to clean up, Jughead sends him a text saying that the boy from the scout regimen is at Pop's right now. Scott texts Jug back saying he's on his way and quickly gets changed.

            - - - - POP's CHOCK'LIT SHOPPE - - - -

Later that night, The Scout and his father are enjoying a evening meal at Pop's. The father leaves the booth and goes to the bathroom. Suddenly Scott and Jughead show up, Jughead taking the strawberry off the young scouts milkshake, Startling the young scout in the process.