A Jamba Juice Card, Really

A/N: first chapter as we EXCITED?! I'm so excited my tiny pebble brain can't handle it. btw I see y'all adding this to your reading list but not voting? Sigh, i think my readers are a bunch of sussy bakas.

Im joking, im joking, don't go get your pitchforks 🙄✋ but please do vote!

Love ya!

Another day, another endless endless shift at the nail salon. More clients who complain and more Karens coming in to ruin the day.

"Max! Your appointment is here!" I checked my watch and swore under my breath. They're fucking fifteen minutes early. There goes my mindless scrolling.

I sat down my appointment and set everything up after the client showed me what she wanted. It was an easy set, a short coffin with blobs. Very 90s vibes. After an hour and a half of working on the set, I was tipped generously and able to relax. I stretched in my chair and started cleaning my supplies.

I instinctively looked up as the bell above the door rang, a petite blonde walking in with her boyfriend behind her. He was at least 6 feet tall and full of muscle. He carried himself in a way I've seen many times before. He was famous. Or a influencer at the least. Didn't recognize the girl though.

"Max can take you over there." I quickly cracked my knuckles on my chin and swore under my breath as I agitated my pinky finger. I need to get that checked out, hell I need to get everything checked out.

"I've never seen someone crack their knuckles like that." The guy said, sitting down in front of me and I smiled.

"Well you've obviously never seen a Merriers. So, what're we doing today? Probably just a regular color, right?" I raised an eyebrow, intrigued by the possibilities. Acrylics for a video? Acrylics for serious? Just a clean up? The list goes on and on.

"Yeah, something simple. I have a fight coming up so I want to look hot, y'know?" He smirked and I raised an eyebrow. "Not that kind of fight. I promise I'm not an asshole."

I shrugged. "Not my place to judge. What color would you like?"

He grinned and folded his hands in front of him, slightly leaning forward. "What's your favorite color?"

"Green."

"Then green it is." I smiled and nodded. Flirting with your nail tech, what a guy thing to do. I pulled my supplies out of their respective storage container and got to work setting up, Mr. McFlirty watching me with curiosity.

"So Max, how old are you?"

"Are we playing 20 questions now?" I laughed. "I'm 19. You?"

"18. Attend college?"

"Not in the way you think. You?"

"Nah. Any social media?" I used my towel to dry of his hands after buffing them and shook up my nail polish primer.

"Nope. Just an old vsco. Are you ever going to tell me your name, or should I keep calling you stranger?"

"Vincent but I go by Vinnie." I flipped my hair over my shoulder and bent down as I applied the liquid to Vincent's nails.

"Any friends?" I paused and looked up, in a mix of disgust and shock. "I meant anyone noticeable. You know what I mean. Besties five ever."

"My best friends Hope and Fiona but they moved to LA for tiktok. So I guess it's besties until we lose touch."

"Really? Never heard of them." Vincent furrowed his eyebrows and I nodded. I paused, taking my phone out of my pocket. I signed in and opened tiktok, immediately lowering the volume.

"Here, you can scroll. Just don't get primer on my phone."

I heard the sounds switch from time to time as I worked on his nails. I had switched to a deep moss color as was applying it as Vincent played with my phone.

"Switch hands please. Let this hand dry for about ten minutes. Wait at least another ten before doing anything that could mess it up."

"Yes ma'am." He smiled and I shook my head.

"So Vincent, what do you do for a living?"

"I'm a tiktok influencer and could be considered an Instagram model, depending how you look at it." He shifted in his seat and glanced over his shoulder, checking in on his company.

"It pays well?"

"Yea, I live a comfortable life."

"So you're rich? Let me guess, you're living in a mansion or an extremely expensive condo."

"I live in a mansion, but I do share it with a few others."

"A content house. How wonderful." I bit my cheek and huffed.

"What happened to it's not your place to judge?" I rolled my eyes and went silent, paying attention to this man's hands.

"I like your tattoos. Do you have any more?"

"I have a big one on my back, two on my stomach, one of my chest, a few on my arm and two on my hand. What about you?"

"Just a small one on my thigh. My older brother drew it for me."

"How many siblings do you have?"

"Three. Drew's the oldest, he's 21. Then there's me. Then Kelly, she's 17. And there's Isaac who is 15."

"Must've been hard growing up with that many kids."

"Most of the time. There was a time when I was younger that we all got along. Never fought or anything. From then on things would bounce back to normal and then go good again." Vincent sat there thoughtfully and took a deep breath.

"You lost a parent, didn't you?" I paused and nodded. It's not like I was ever going to see him again. I hope it isn't like the movies where we magically find each other in LA.

"We almost lost my mom to skin cancer when I was 15. She got better and then would need surgery again. But enough about me. What was growing up like for you?"

"It was nice and normal up until senior year, when I blew up. People were complete bags of shit. This one kid screenshotted my thirst traps and plastered it all around the school."

"Kids are pieces of shit. But hey, the kid is probably working a 9 to 5 shift at McDonald's and being an asshole to chicks."

"Yeah, probably." I capped off my nail polish and sat back in my seat.

"All done. Depending on what your girlfriend is getting you should be here for another..." I trailed off as I did the math in my head. "75 to 60 minutes."

"She's not my..." Vinnie trailed off and looked back to the girl. After a moment he shook his head. "Thanks for the estimate."

"Oh, well then, you can pay when you leave. Tips are appreciated but never required. Have a nice day." I smiled at him and started packing up my things.

"Hey Max!" I scurried up to the front of the store and smiled at Carlos, the manager.

"What's up?"

"That tall white boy gave me this and specifically asked to make sure you got it." He handed me a pink card.

"A jamba juice card, really? Who the hell goes to jamba juice anymore?"

"I don't know kid, but he looked pretty interested in you." I flipped the card over and felt my jaw drop.

"This idiot set up a date. No fucking way."

"He what? We talking about the fine white boy you had? I would love a piece of that. MmmHmm." I laughed as Tilly joined us at the counter.

"Pietro's on the corner of Kenya Street and Just Lane at 6. Dress casual." I smiled and tucked the card into my pocket. "Can you ring up my tips for today while I grab my bag?"

"Already done. Get get him tiger." Carlos held out a stack of cash and I thanked him.

"Wish me luck."

"Good luck!" The pair of coworkers called out to me as I walked back to the break room. I quickly grabbed my bag and clocked out for the night.