She Looks Just Like Me

a bit early because a lot of people have been adding this to their reading lists, so thank you! this chapter took me an entire week because I have major writers block but yea! woo! yippee!

anyway, enjoy and don't forget to comment and vote! <3

I sat at my desk, legs curled up and blanket tucked in, keeping away the cold and the invisible hands that will always be reaching for me, popcorn next to my laptop. I was watching Markiplier play Fight Nights at Freddy's at an ungodly hour.

My door opened and Vinnie slowly shuffled in. I paused my video and looked up at him.

"Come to bed with me. You shouldn't be up."

"Go back to bed Vinnie."

"Not without you." He whined.

I sighed and paused my video. I got up and sat down on my bed. Vinnie sat next to me, wrapping his arms around me. I let him bring me down and under the covers. I turned off my bedside lamp before facing Vinnie.

I tried to turn off my mind but I couldn't. After my revaluation with my feelings I lost sleep trying to figure out how the holidays would work. I'd be leaving for two weeks. I didn't want to be gone from Vinnie that long.

And what if he asks me to meet his family? What am I going to do? I need to be in New York to support Kelly. Not only is it her birthday but its first time flying on her own and just being out in the world alone.

And I had to have her back with dad. Mom supported it fully but dad doesn't even know. If he calls her up I don't want anything to go down. If she can't go back it's going to be hard for her to graduate. She'll have to find somewhere else to live and transfer and go through a shit load of paper work.

Vinnie wrapped his arm around me, bringing me flush against his skin. He rubbed circles into my back and I sighed. "I don't know if I want to leave you for so long."

"You need this Max. Get away from LA. Maybe if we can, we'll go somewhere for New Year's Eve. I'll fly us out somewhere."

"You'd do that?"

"Yea. You think I wouldn't? Max," Vinnie sighed. "You're literally my favorite person to ever exist. I'd do anything for you."

"Yea you're pretty great too. Second place."

"Is Bear first?"

"Maybe." Vinnie laughed and I grinned.

"So what would I need to do to become first?"

"Mmm I'm not sure. Maybe take me on a year long sex ride."

Vinnie goraned. "I can't believe you're one of those people."

"Shut up. You know you love me."

"Seriously debating it right now."

"Just go to bed Vinnie."

"Only if you go to bed. You need to look good for tomorrow."

"Why?"

"I'm taking you somewhere."

"Sex dungeon?"

"Obvi. Now sleep." He kissed my forehead and I rested my head against his chest. I inhaled, trying to bury myself in Vinnie's scent. I've never smelled something so amazing and unique. I'd be able to smell him from a mile away.

I sat, staring down the ceramic dino, trying to figure what would look best.

"Stop interrogating the ceramics. It's weird."

"How else am I supposed to figure out how to paint her?"

"Look at the color wheel. Like a normal person." Vinnie slid me the color swatches and I rolled my eyes.

"Normal shmormal."

"Cute."

"Thanks." I gave him a cheeky grin and he roll his eyes, laughing.

I glanced around the shop and frowned. Middle of the day and yet no one was here. Sad. I glanced back at my Dino and the color wheel. I sighed and went to go get paint.

I painted the little sculpture pink with little red accent hearts to match my necklace. I gave her white hair and green eyes. She'd look just like me. It'd be Vinnie's Christmas present.

I spent the next hour, captivated with my little piece until every speck of paint was perfect. I held it up for Vinnie to see and saw him just sitting there looking at me, grinning.

"Where's your piece?"

"Finished it."

"And you didn't show me?" I asked, slightly hurt. "Wasn't that the whole point of the date?"

"It's a gift. You can see it when you open it on Christmas."

"I hate you."

"I know. That's why your giving me a dinosaur that looks exactly like you."

"Just to remind you how much I hate you." I blew him a kiss and stood up. I went to go put away my piece and Vinnie followed, his hand on my waist. "Stalker."

"I'm going to miss you and you're little comments."

I nodded, setting my piece down in a basket. "I can't believe I leave tomorrow."

"Me neither."

I wrapped my arms around Vinnie and sighed. "I don't want to go without you."

"I'll fly out as soon as I can. As soon as they'll let me."

"You better. There's so many New York things I can't wait to show you. Real pizza, pigeon fights. Everything."

"And I can't wait to see it it with you." Vinnie kissed my forehead and I smiled, leaning onto him.

I slowly pulled the slip of paper from the bowl and opened it, glanced at the name scrawled on it. Vinnie. Perfect. Secret Santa would be a breeze.

"So we all have our people?" Thomas glanced around and nodded, satisfied. "Since Max and Vinnie won't be here, we'll exchange with them as soon as they get back. The rest of us will do it on Christmas day." I glanced at Vinnie and fought back a smile.

I stayed behind with Mia to film some ads before I left and then I went upstairs to do one last sweep. I'd leave early morning and I couldn't leave anything behind.

I sighed and put all my favorite clothing in a bag with my favorite shoes. I peeked out into the hallway and entered Vinnie's room. I bent down to pet Hera and opened Vinnie's closet, burying the bag. I took all my jewelry and put it in Vinnie's bathroom.

Taking no chances, I made sure everything was hidden and went back to join the group.