I Think It's Sinister

Before this chapter starts I want you guys to know that it gets heavy towards the end. There's a party and a lot of alcohol involved. I know it seems cliché and you might be asking why I choose the story to go this way. This is a big moment for Max and Vinnie whether it seems like it or not. I wanna note I've never been drunk so if it's not the most accurate I apologize. I'm trying my best.

I don't want to say don't forget to vote because considering what this chapter is about it feels informal so yeah. Have fun reading ig.

"I hate you guys." I pushed my wet, tangled hair away from my face and climbed out of the pool. Calvin and Michael high-fived before scampering away. Thomas offered me a towel and I took it, thanking him.

"I am so going to kick their asses. Did I at least look good?"

"No but we'll cut it out. I think they did this as a last hurrah for Michael. I woke up with shaving cream on my face, Mia's favorite jam is missing, I think Vinnie doesn't have any towels, and Alex has yet to wake up so we don't know about them."

"Damn. He's really taking advantage of the whole moving out thing."

"Yeah. He really is." Thomas chuckled and I smiled, following him back to the house.

Thomas was right. Vinnie had no towels. I groaned when I realized it, after I had taken my shower. "Vinnie!"

"What?!"

"Go find me some towels! Michael took them all." I heard Vinnie laughed and his door open. I silently waited for Vinnie to return by wringing out my hair and shifting from foot to foot in the shower.

I was brushing through my hair when Vinnie opened the door, his towels in hand. He set them on a counter and took one, wrapping it around me, hugging me in the process.

"I'm sorry for last night. I'm just upset."

"It's okay Vin. I had an amazing movie night with Drew last night. I had fun."

"I heard they dumped you in the pool."

"Yeah. They did."

"You wanna get them back?" Vinnie smirked and I laughed.

"Of course. Who wouldn't?"

"That's my girl." Vinnie kissed my cheek and strode out of the bathroom. I smiled at his comment and continued on with my hair routine.

"I love it." I did a little twirl for Vinnie and he grinned. I was wearing an off white floral dress with one of Vinnie's button ups (fresh from the package) over it as a last thought. "You look pretty Max."

"Just for you."

"Vinnie! You guys ready? We're leaving in three!" Alex shouted, knocking on Vinnie's door.

"Coming!" Vinnie responded before grabbing his phone off the charger. I grabbed mine phone and followed Vinnie downstairs.

The party was loud and crowded. I instantly smelt weed and booze. Masses of people were jumping around, doing god knows what. I immediately went to the kitchen and got myself a drink to take off the edge.

"I need to see your ID." I froze with a beer in my hand and a brunette laughed. "Kidding. I'm Bryce, the host of this party."

"I'm Max. Vinnie's should've told you about me."

Bryce laughed, fishing something out of his pocket. "Oh he did. I think it's sinister. Have fun." Bryce tossed me some keys and I caught them. "Last door on the second floor." Bryce nodded to me and walked off.

I ditched my beer for vodka after walking in on a couple trying to find the bathroom. A vase had mysteriously been broken afterwards. The vodka was gross but my memory was getting hazy. I took a shot for the road and wandered through the crowd, trying to find Michael.

"Mike! Michael!" I waved to the boy sitting on the couch and stumbled over.

"Hey Max."

"Hi. Have you seen anyone? I'm lost."

Michael shook his head and glanced at the girl by his side. "I'm sure they'll turn up."

I sighed and nodded. "Yeah okay. Holler if you see them."

"Sure." Michael gave a short, sweet smile and I walked off, downing my shot after I was lost in the crowd. I walked around for a bit before returning to the kitchen. I'd wait it out until someone came for another drink.

A group of girl had found me first, pulling me off to be the fourth in their cup pong competition. I lost myself in the game and I was stumbling through the crowd once more. What time was it? What was I doing here? Where was here? I found myself back in the kitchen and sat on the floor, resting my head against the cool dishwasher.

A few offers for drinks later I didn't know what anything was. I was in my own little happy place and that's what mattered. I had joined a mess of people dancing and found myself dancing along, laughing with everyone around me.

I couldn't stop. I was a party machine. Shot after shot I raced different people, cheered and booed at others and never felt more free in my life. At any moment I was sure my feet would leave this sticky floor and I'd be soaring above the clouds.

I grabbed the final bottle out of the refrigerator and held it above my head. The crowd cheered. I screwed off the cap and poured multiple people shots. The bottle soon seemed to heavy and the lights started to dim. People were chanting and putting their fingers up to their lips.

Did they want me to drink? I squinted at a guy's hand and laughed. How could I be so silly? I brought the bottle to my lips and downed the rest of it in multiple gulps. I set the bottle down and cheered for myself. I did it! I don't know what I did but I did it!

People left. They disappeared into the crowd and I was left alone in the kitchen. I used the counter to hold myself up as a vision of Vinnie suddenly came into my mind. He was waiting for me. Getting mad. The plan! I forgot the plan! He's going to kill me.

I rushed to the end of the hallway and grabbed to key, trying my hardest to get it into the lock. I braced myself against the door and stopped shaking for just enough time to get it in. I felt the door give out under me and I reached out to balance myself. I closed the door behind me and locked it again.

Keep the door closed and don't open it for anyone but me.

It was the perfect idea. I'd just open it for him when he came. I sat on the edge of the bed and sat watching the door until the lights eventually went out. I thought the power went out and sighed. I flopped on the bed behind me and started to take the deepest breaths I could manage. I think I fell asleep but it was okay. Vinnie would wake me when it was time.