Just Like Peter Parker

100 reads?! #8 in alexwarren?! I- speechless. thank you guys so so so much! I'm not going to be cliché and say I didn't think we'd make it this far but I honestly didn't think we would. this means the world to me so thank you.

idk what else to say so don't forget to vote, comment and not drop out of school!

"I saw a Panera down the road as we were driving. Did you want to get dinner?"

"Sure. You can drive." Vinnie tossed me the keys and I caught them. I pulled on my slides and pocketed my phone.

Panera's drive-thru was tremendously long so we decided to get to-go. The line was still super long but seemed to be moving at a quicker pace. I noticed a few teenagers staring at us and quickly looked away. Perks of being with a famous tiktoker. While waiting for our food to be ready a group of teenage girls cornered us, asking Vinnie for pictures.

"Wait is this your girlfriend? You guys are so cute!" I looked at the teenager girl and back to Vinnie, who was shaking his head.

"I appreciate the compliment but she works with me. My personal trainer."

"Well you guys should definitely consider dating."

"Alice! Let's go." The girl looked back to her friend group and nodded. After a quick hug the girl scampered off.

"You have a very interesting group of fans. Very persistent."

"Not really. At least they aren't like the zonuts or whatever Addison's fanbase is called. Like she's a really nice person but her fans are toxic as hell."

"Shit, isn't everyone's? I constantly see Charli's sunrays compare Ariana Grande to her. No one can fucking stay in their lane."

"Speaking of lanes, I can't promise anything but if you can manage one more day off I think I might be able to surprise you."

"A surprise." I mulled over the idea, thinking of the consequences. "Yeah okay. I can try." Vinnie grinned and we stepped up to the cashier.

I walked with Vinnie around the back halls of the stadium and was impressed at the amount of people already here, considering the fight is more then two hours away. Vinnie seemed cool under pressure but his fast walking and constantly having his hands in his pocket told me otherwise. He had a quick exchange with his trainer before getting up and motioning for me for follow. He took my hand and I looked up at him questioning.

"Don't want you to get lost." Vinnie smirked and pulled me closer as a worker pushed a cart past us.

"I see someone's swallowed their nerves."

"More like shoved them away. I'm sure they'll come back."

"You know you're going to win right? Deji isn't going to touch you. You're faster. Just dodge and wear him out."

Vinnie chuckled. "You barely know anything about boxing and you already have a plan." I speed up a bit and strode next to him.

"Where are we even going?"

"Have you ever been to Miami?" I raised and eyebrow, taken aback by the question.

"No, I've never been out of Seattle. No that's a lie, I went to D.C. for school. The decathlon."

"Like Peter Parker?" I nodded.

"Just like Peter Parker."

This was definitely not what I was expecting. Vinnie waved at a group of three boys and dropped my hand to envelope the more muscular one in a hug. I stared at his face, trying to recognize him. Noah Beck. I looked at the other two, studying them. Didn't know either of them. After some hugs and handshakes Vinnie looked back at me.

"Max, this is Noah, Curtis and Vinny with a y." I nodded and stuck out my hand for a fist bump. "I thought you might want some company while I'm doing stuff."

"Ah yes, top secret fight things. Discussing how much," I held up my right hand, doing a rubbing motion, "to win the fight." Vinnie laughed and shook his head.

"Noah, trust me, the amount of paper work and business meetings is not worth the money, not unless you're Bryce."

Noah shook his head. "I doubt there's anyone out there courageous enough to fight me." Curtis put his hand up and Noah laughed. They started roughhousing and I giggled. Vinnie grinned and looked to me.

I looked out at the stage and saw An Eson Gib and Taylor Holder battle it out. I looked back at Vinnie and squeezed his hands. Behind the scenes was bustling with people and I'm sure we were in the way.

"I should go find Noah so I can actually be there when the fight starts. Win for me?"

Vinnie gave me a cheerful smile. "Cheer for me?"

"Of course." I stood on my toes and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. "I'll see you after the fight."

"One thing before you leave." Vinnie grabbed something from the chair behind me and handed me a hoodie. "A Team Hacker hoodie for you."

I was cut off by the crowd cheering and I looked out. Someone had won. "I have to go. Thank you. Good luck!" I grinned and entered the hallway. I rushed to where a guard was standing and showed him my ticket, questioning where to go. He lead me down the stairs to another guard who let me down to the area right around the ring. I looked around questioning and suddenly heard Vinnie's walkout music.

"You must be Max. I'm Spencer, Vinnie's coach." I shook a middle aged man's hand and smiled, nodding.

"I apologize for looking so lost and unprofessional. This came as a surprise to me, being so close to the ring."

"No worries, Vinnie gave us a heads up before we came out. Why don't we sit down." He motioned towards some seats, the middle one with a piece of paper that had 'Vinnie H.' printed on it. "Are you excited?"

I sat down, smoothing down my skirt. "Extremely. I genuinely think Vinnie is going to win."

"We can only hope."