Smells Like Miami

guess who made the volleyball team? not me. Kidding I'm so epic at this game. I'm so fucking sore from practice I feel like quitting and it's been 3 days... out of shape much? do you guys like the fun chapter names or do you just skip it and immediately read? very curious

also I totally forgot I was putting social media posts in this so YEAH. be ready for that ig. or don't. up to you

don't forget to vote, comment and study hard!

I smiled as I looked over and saw Vinnie playing with bear. I positioned myself on the back of the couch and pulled out my phone.

"You have a cat of your own? You seem to know how they work?"

Vinnie looked up and nodded. "My roommate Thomas got me a cat. I'm pretty sure she's a tabby but I could be mistaken. Her name is Hera."

"How old?"

"Two, maybe three years. Her adoption and rabies paperwork don't add up." Vinnie let Bear climb up onto his shoulder and carefully walked back to me.

"So you ready to go to Miami?"

I nodded. "Our flights at 1am and it's a 6 hour flight which means we'd arrive in Miami at 10am."

"So do you just chillax the days before your fight or is there shit you need to do?"

"Not really. The press conference happen back in May. The weigh in is the day before the fight." I nodded and Bear jumped into my lap.

"Well me and Bear will be cheering you on from the sidelines."

"Do you think you're going to take Bear with you?"

"I don't think so. I have a cat kennel I'll drop him off at. It'll be good for him being with the other cats."

I stepped out into the daylight and looked over at Vinnie. "You smell that? Smells like Miami."

"Smells like any other airport but okay." I said, causing Vinnie to lightly hit me on the shoulder.

"The rental car should be down that way. A blue honda." I nodded and followed Vinnie down the pathway to where our rent-a-car was.

"I have a meeting with my coach today at 2 but other than that I'm free." I flopped down onto the hotel bed and stretched out, my back cracking

"What do we even do? We can't drink or smoke. We can't go to any clubs. Isn't that what Miami is all about?" Vinnie sat next to me and shrugged. He flopped back, both us us now staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah but we can go to the beach. We can rent super cars and race them down the highway."

I laughed. "I don't think I would know how to drive one of those things."

"Then I'll teach you. It's not hard." I looked at Vinnie and smiled.

"I think I'd like that."

"I see your having fun." I peeked my eye open and saw Vinnie sitting on the pool chair across from me.

"Well that meeting took forever. You left me alone. Me. Alone." I grabbed my phone and opened it. 3 more minutes on my back tan.

"I'm not supposed to party or so any life endangering things before the fight so no supercars. However," Vinnie pulled his shirt off and I glanced at his torso. "I am allowed to go for a leisurely swim. You going to come in?"

"I have a few more minutes on my tan but yes."

"Alright." Vinnie took off and I heard a splash. The pool deck was empty, most of the tourists choosing to go to the beach.

I stepped into the pool and swam over to where Vinnie was swimming. I gripped the side of the pool, pushing my hair out of my face.

"I'm thinking we should pick up where we left off." I smirked and tapped my fingers on Vinnie's chest.

"And where was that?"

"I think you know what I'm talking about." I put my hands behind his neck and pulled myself closer. I leaned forward and connected my lips with his.

The kiss was pure and reckless. In that moment I could care less if anyone saw us. All I wanted to focus in was Vinnie's soft lips and amount of skin on skin contact. Vinnie pulled me closer than I thought was possible and broke off the kiss, panting. I caught my breath and grinned.

"Wow."

"Yeah, wow. We should head back to the hotel room."

Vinnie frowned. "Ruining the moment already?"

"You can't get naked in a pool Vincent." I lightly tapped my temple and he laughed. He helped me out of the pool before pulling himself out. I tossed him a towel after wrapping myself in one. I collected my things and followed Vinnie back to our room.

I tossed my bag in the bed and wrapped my arms around Vinnie. I connected our lips and Vinnie reached around and gripped my bikini string. He pulled on it and I backed up.

"Not so fast buster." I smirked and loosely retied my bikini.

"But you said-"

"I never said I would undress for you." I raised an eyebrow and Vinnie seemed to understand.

"So you're going to give me the gawk gawk 3000?" I walked over to my bag and started digging through it.

"Not if you call it that." I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and stood in front of Vinnie.

"Ready?"

Vinnie smirked. "Always."

I stepped into the shower and closed the door behind me, turning on the water. I was blasted with cold water as I pulled off my bikini and brushed my fingers through my hair. I washed my bikini first, setting it off to the side and then washed myself.

I wrapped myself with a towel and stepped out into the room. "Bathroom's all yours." Vinnie looked up from his phone and turned it off. He grabbed something from his bag and stepped into the bathroom.

I wrapped my towel around my hair and dressed myself into shorts and a tanktop, something comfortable but I could still go out in. I heard the water turn on in the bathroom and sat down on the bed. I opened my messages and hesitated over the keyboard.

titanic swim team 🏊‍♀️

Maxi pad
hey bestfriends
guess who's in miami

ogre
Miami?

nope
why are you in miami?

maxi pad
the boxing thing
Battle of The Platforms

nope
YOU GOT TICKETS TO THAT?
HOW?

I debated telling my friends about Vinnie. They were familiar with the Hype House, wanting to join it one day, which means the were familiar with the people in it. I decided against telling them. I didn't want to answer more questions.

maxi pad
i bought them for like 200 bucks off a reseller

ogre
DO YOU KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE?

nope
YEAH DUDE
YOUR GOING TO BE IN THE VICINITY OF
VINNIE HACKER, BRYCE HALL AND
TAYLOR HOLDER.

ogre
AND SINCE WHEN HAVE BEEN
INTERESTED IN BOXING?

maxi pad
Well I was going to get three tickets so
we could all go together but you
could only buy one at a time and by
the time I was done buying my
ticket the rest of them were sold out,
no refunds

ogre
well I hope you have fun

nope
yeah, try and get a picture for us?

maxi pad
yeah of course