Last Night As An Unmarried Woman

little short and way late but I'm tired <33 tried getting it out Wednesday and fell asleep mid story, completely crashed after school on Thursday and had volleyball today so...ENJOY. it's only short because I wanted a cliffhanger and I really want to go to bed. I'm sorry and I promise to not take as long for the next chapter.

don't forget to vote, comment and GET ENOUGH SLEEP. <3

"Get your ass out of bed." I groaned and gave Hope the middle finger.

"Dude you've been sleeping for like 16 hours. You need to get up."

"I'm not going out with you guys."

"Just think about Max. We know you still have that fake and you can get as shitfaced as you'd like."

"Ever heard of paparazzi?"

"Fine, You go out, you get buzzed we come home and drink until we pass out. Sound better?" Hope sighed and dragged me out of bed. "Fiona set out an outfit for you. We'll be waiting."

I sighed and got up, stretching. I didn't feel like going out. I was too sad and conflicted. But I knew there was no way the girls were going to let me mope. I got dressed in a shirt dress and looked in the mirror. I dug through Fiona's dresser and grabbed a pair of tights, shimmying into them. I put on some basic black shoes and took my hair out of it's ponytail, shaking it out.

I got out of the Uber and followed the pair towards the bouncer. We gave our fakes and got let into the club. Music instantly surrounded us and I sighed. We went straight to the bar and ordered a round of shots.

Three rounds later and I was in the middle of the dance floor grinding on people and trying to stay close to Fiona. It felt nice to be able to relax and let loose for a night. It was so crowded I doubt anyone would be able to prove I was here. I joined hands with Fiona and swayed with her, moving to the flow of the music.

I stumbled to the bar and took a seat, pulling out my phone. I ordered some water and started to sober up.

 I ordered some water and started to sober up

102,939 likesvinniehacker it's a Coldplay and cars type of night

102,939 likes
vinniehacker it's a Coldplay and cars type of night

I sighed and turned off my phone, sipping on the water.

"Something got you down?" I looked up and glanced at the stranger leaning on the bar and shrugged.

"Just tired. It's my last night as a unmarried woman. I'm not used to partying anymore."

"That's too bad. Who's the lucky man?"

I grinned. "Drew."

"Where's the ring?"

"We can't afford it. So right now it's just my pure love tying me to him."

"But you can afford Vera Wang?"

"It's a friend's. I crashed as her place after a late movie night."

"What movie did you go see?"

"Red Notice."

"Ah, exciting." He sighed and rubbed his hands together. "I'm Garrett by the way."

"Jessie."

"Well Jessie, you look like you need another drink."

"Oh no thanks. I'm trying to sober up so I don't do something reckless." I forced a laugh. "You know how it is."

Garrett sighed. "You sure I can't buy you a drink? Someone like you looks like they could use some sugar." He flashe dame his watch and I raised an eyebrow. I really looked at him and saw some starter wrinkles and greys in his hair.

"I do?"

"Only if you want it? I could walk away."

"What would you want?"

"Pictures. Nothing too brave. Nothing in person. Maybe some calls."

"Divorced?"

"Never was the one for relationships."

I shrugged and played around with my straw. "I'll think about it. How about a round of drinks and then I can make my decision." I smiled and he grinned. I had nothing to lose at this point. Worst case senecio I say no.

"What would you like?"

"Something light."

He flagged down the bartender and I played with my phone. This would be interesting. He seemed like a nice enough guy but you never know what LA has in store for you.

Flash forward an hour I was crying in the bathroom, trying to dial Vinnie's number. I wasn't in the mood for him but he was the only one sober that I could rely on.

"Max?"

"V-vinnie, I need you to come get me."

"What happened?"

"The girls took me clubbing and, and I don't want to repeat it."

"Where are you?"

"The club on Highland. I'm in the bathroom. I think he's waiting outside."

"Stay there. I'm coming." He hung up and I rested my head on my knees. I peeled off my shoes and sat on the floor, investigating the tiles on the floor.

Vinnie had wrapped his arms around me the instant I stepped out of the bathroom. He led my out, parting the crowd for me.

"How did you get here?"

"Jack drove me. He's waiting outside."

I nodded and followed blindly until I could smell fresh air. I took a deep breath and Vinnie urged me forward. We crossed the street and he helped me climb into the car. Vinnie nodded to Jack and I laid across the seat as Jack drove forward.

I texted the group chat, letting the girls know I was safe and tossed my phone on the floor. I flipped over and buried my face into Vinnie. He pushed my hair behind my ear, stroking my face in a comforting way. I sighed and looked up at Vinnie, mouthing the words 'I'm sorry'. He nodded and mouthed them back.

I know we'd talk when we get home and I don't know if I was ready for it.