Too Much For Human Words

nothing really to note here but uh don't forget to vote and comment! and do your homework!

I lost her. Max was gone. Michael had seen her about an hour into the party and people had caught glances but no one knew where she was. I ran my hands through my hair and progressively became more and more agitated as the night went on. The music seemed to loud and the smells too present.

I forgot how long I was outside, trying to get away from the smell of booze. I hated it. Everyone was a different person when it came to booze. Too happy, too much anger, too hostile and too flirty. No one knew what they were doing and it made me nervous.

Too many girls had used alcohol as an excuse for trying to get in my pants. They'd pretend to drink and then make a move. I knew better. They never truly smelt like booze. They were too coordinated or too over the top. They thought I wasn't smart. Thought I'd just sit back and let them do it because I was Vinnie Hacker. The man who has a new girl over everyday. The guy who only made thirst traps. The guy who won the fight.

I hated myself sometimes. I find myself wishing I had never joined tiktok more then I'd like to admit. Of course everything I had I was grateful for but my last year of highschool was hell, my life is made up for me and I can never get any peace.

That's why I liked Max. She was always so kind and never cared about the fame. She never pushed the romance. I remember the pools and how, yeah she started the kiss but I remember the almost-kiss in Seattle. That was all me.

From that first almost kiss I know what I had for this girl wasn't just a crush. It might not have been love or lust but my god did she make me happy.

Having Max on my side during the fight gave me the extra push I needed. How could I let her down? I was risking her job for this. If I lost, the trip would've been for nothing. And the light in her eyes after I won. I wanted it tattooed in my brain. If I hadn't had cameras at every angle I would've jumped out of the rink and pulled her into a kiss. She helped me win that fight. There was no arguing it.

And racing down the highway with her by my side was euphoria. I had no other care in the world. We were alive in that moment and I wished I could go back. The music and the vibrations had consumed me in that moment and no one will ever be able to replicate that. No matter who I spent my life with, they would never be able to match that energy,

What Max and I had was special. Girlfriend was too generic for her. She was too good for that. Nothing would ever be able to describe her. She was sent from heaven. She was too much for human words. Too much for anything I could give her.

"Alright people! Party's over! No more alcohol. Take your friends and go!" Bryce stood on the table, hands cupped around his mouth. People mumbled as the music was turned off and the crowd seemed to instantly dissipate.

Still no Max.

What if she went home with someone?

Was she okay?

Did she get taken?

Snatched from the party?

Drunk and afraid and no one to come save her...

I stood from my spot on the couch and felt a tinge through my whole body I couldn't shake. I paced and paced, watching people leave. Why wouldn't they move faster? Stupid drunks. Why would someone ever get so drunk they can't even realize the party's over.

Alex paused at the entrance to the kitchen and sighed. "Vinnie, she's not here."

"Alex, we had a plan. She wouldn't just ditch me like that."

"Plan?"

I shook my head and scrubbed my face. "It was stupid plan to get back at Michael and Calvin. We were supposed to..." I froze and ran past Alex, sprinting up the steps. I heard footsteps behind me and I nearly slipped in my haste. I came to the last door and tried to door handle.

"Bryce, do you have another key?" I questioned the host and he sighed.

"I wish I did man. She has my only one."

"Max! Max! Open up!"

"Vinnie. We don't even know if she's in there." Thomas tried to reason with me and I felt the emotions start to pool in my eyes.

I slammed my fist on the door and tried to hold back a sob. "She's in there man. I know she is."

Alex sounded tired of this. God fuck him. "Vinnie. Have you tried her? In the last ten minutes?"

"Are you that fucking stupid!? Of course I have. I'm no idiot."

"Vinnie! What the hell has gotten into you?" Kouvr yelled, defending Alex. I slid down the door, no longer able to keep myself upright. I put my head in my hands and squeezed out a few tears. "Honestly. It's just a fucking girl. She'll come back. They always do." Kouvr stormed away and Alex said nothing as he chased after her.

"Vinnie I'm sorry man." Michael sat down next to me and out his hand on my shoulder. I put my hands in my head and started at my shoes. "We have to go home man. Bryce needs to clean up."

"Then we'll stay and help clean up. I'm not leaving until she comes back Michael."

"Vinnie..."

"You'd do the same if it were Tatty."

Michael sighed and stood up. I watched him leave, his hand entwined with Tatty's. I slowly stood and and tried the door handle once more before stepping back. I glanced at Bryce who nodded and stepped back. I launched my foot at the handle. Again and again. I put my heart and soul into the kicks, willing it to break down until it gave way and swung open.

There she was, laying on the bed as still as I'd ever seen her. I rushed over to her my heart racing. I carefully took her in my arms and looked at her.

"Tell me if I need to call anyone. I'll let you be."

"Thank you Bryce."

"Of course."

I spent the rest of the night holding her against me. I had out a blanket over us and just cradled her, listening to her heartbeat, waiting for her to wake up.

She woke with the sun. She cried and cried. I held her close until she calmed down enough. I set her down and raced downstairs. Bryce and a few friends were taking out that last of the trash.

"You're still here?" Troy questioned. He looked at his watch and raised his eyebrows.

"It's on the counter. There's water in the fridge." Bryce held the door open and ushered Troy out.

"Thank you."

"Just make sure she's okay." Bryce nodded and closed the door, following Troy.