Interstate 101

Guys this book is coming to and end pretty soon and I'm sad af. This has been almost 10 months of writing this book and I'm gonna cry. Nothing more to say so...

Anyways enjoy the chapter and don't forget to vote and comment.

I slam my hands on my steering wheel, frustrated out of my mind. Weeks of this bullshit for the cops to not be able to do anything. All because the evidence is inconclusive. How does anything get done in this city? I send a quick text to Vinnie to let him know the situation and he calls me. I put him on speaker as I pull out of the parking lot.

"You're shitting me right now."

"Nope. They advised me to take extra caution and then dismissed me. I can't do shit unless I get more evidence." I check my mirrors as I shift lanes and get onto the express way.

"So we just wait for her to strike again?"

"Basically." I sigh.

"I'm sorry Max."

"It's fine. I just got on the express way. 45 minutes."

"Alright." Vinnie sighs and I do the same. Both of us are at our wits end with this situation and it doesn't help that he had to fly out for a photo shoot in Seattle two days ago. Unfortunately i couldn't go with. I really wanted to but he couldn't get another ticket through the agency and the flight was booked by the time i got around to trying.

"So tell me about your shoot."

"It's for this magazine, Tings. It's actually kinda cool. I'm dressed in Dolce and Gabbana right now"

"Oooo, fancy. Are they interviewing you?"

"Yea, it's basically the regular stuff but it's nice. I get to be real for once."

"I get that." I sighed and check my mirrors as I shift lanes. "I miss you baby."

"I miss you too. I'll be home in a few days. Maybe we can go out when I get home?"

"I'd love that."

"I would too. I'll look into it but I gotta go. Be safe. Love you."

"Love you too." Vinnie hung up and I beg a n to speed up, just wanting to get home.

I looked through my mirrors and bit my lip. I shifted lanes and watched the white SUV follow me. I sped up to pass a car and got in front of them, watching behind me.

Sure enough the white SUV was close behind, riding the tail of the car behind me. I didn't know what to do at this point. I couldn't call Vinnie and I really did not want to go anyone else involved.

I fumbled for my phone and carefully opened it, dialing 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"I'm on interstate 101 and I'm pretty sure I'm being followed."

"Are you sure you are being followed?"

"Yes. I haven't gotten off or anything but the car shifts lanes with me and always stays pretty close."

"Can you describe the car for me?"

I glance at my window and squint. "A white SUV. Maybe a Ford? It looks pretty new to me."

"Can you make out the license plate for me?"

"Not right now."

"Do you know where the closest police station is?"

"No."

"Are you familiar with the area?"

"No, I live near Thousand Oaks."

I heard some typing and checked for the car again.

"Can you describe your car for me please."

"Uh, 2015 red Toyota Corolla."

"And your license plate?"

"38HYTV."

"And the next exit?"

"Um, interstate 405."

"Alright, please get off on the next exit and I'll direct you to the nearest police station."

"Okay."

The white car followed me off and I gripped my steering wheel tigher.

I didn't relax until I pulled into the parking lot of the police station. I parked close to the door and prepared myself to run to the door.

I saw the white car pull in and park and I held my breath. These people wouldn't dare to do anything in front of a police station, would they?

I carefully climbed out of the car and glanced back. I'd have to book it to the door.

I made a run for it and was immediately spooked at the sound of a gunshot. I looked back and saw someone standing by the trunk of the white SUV. I was getting shot at.

I kept running and tried to get to the door before I could get hit.

I felt a sharp sting in my shoulder and I knew I had been hit. The sting in my shoulder became a throb and I lurched forward in pain.

I saw 2 cops running towards the door as I stumbled in and I pointed behind me.

"White Ford. Back 1 row and to your left."

"Are you hurt?" A cop asked me, hand on his belt.

I nodded, bracing myself on the door.

"That car followed me from the highway. Shot me in my shoulder."

"I'll handle the car, you handle her." The other man said, running out the door.

The cop that stayed with me muttered something into his radio and carefully braced me against him. "We're going to sit down for a second while we wait for help. Can you tell me your name?"

"Max." I croaked, holding my head in my hands.

"Alright Max, how are you feeling?"

"Like I just got shot."

"Do you feel lightheaded? Nauseous?"

"Really dizzy."

"Do you think you're going to pass out?"

I focused on the pain in my shoulder and shook my head. "Not yet. My shoulder is on fire though."

"You're going to be okay. The ambulance is on it's way here."

I glanced up and saw Renata walking past with her hands handcuffed. She glanced over at me and smirked.

The cop followed my gaze and looked back at me. "Do you know her?"

"Yea. She lives with me. And she's my stalker."