Fight Me

Not much to say but this is my last week in school. Shits crazy my guy. I remember my first author notes being about school starting. How time flies. Its been almost 1 year. Tha k you guys so much for sticking around if you did. Enjoy the chapter!

I woke up naturally at 5 am and immediately sat up. I must've thought it was later because I showered and got ready for the day, just to look out the window and see the sun rise. I groaned and cursed.

I went for a run, made breakfast and filmed multiple tiktoks before most people were ready to go.

"Hey Thomas. We gotta go early to pick up Jake. See you at the airport?"

Thomas nodded. "See you."

I gave him a thumbs up and turned around. I nearly bumped into Renata, who looked like she hasn't slept and left the house.

Everyone was already in the car so I was able to leave immediately. Jake had Ubered before hand and he was ready. We'd launch from the post office and hopefully get to the airport with time to spare.

We hit traffic ten minutes to the airport and an hour before our flight. I checked my phone and saw that Thomas was still half and hour out. I doubt he'd make it.

I sat in the gate, anxiously waiting for Thomas to get here. We were boarding in 10 minutes. It'd take a miracle for them to get here in time.

"Bro, first class if fucking sick." I whispered to Jack.

"Why are you whispering?"

"It feels to fancy to cuss in here."

Jack looked at me and smiled. "Fuck." I slapped his arm and he frowned. "You're so mean to me. Like so rude."

"I don't care. Fight me."

Jack huffed and shook his head. I stuck out my tongue at him and pulled my book out of my backpack.

"The 5 People You Meet In Heaven? That sounds depressing."

I shrugged, looking at Vinnie. "It's less depressing and more eye opening. Teaches me a lot of life lessons."

"Oh. How far are you?"

"About 10 pages."

"Oh." I nodded and Vinnie reached for the book. I handed it to him and he skimmed through it.

"What're you doing?"

"Reading."

"Vinnie, you're flipping through the pages."

"I'm just really good at reading."

I scoffed and reached out for my book. Vinnie handed it to me and I sighed. "Did you bring anything to keep you entertained?"

Vinnie shrugged. "I can watch a movie."

"Have fun with that."

"I will, don't worry."

I got word from Thomas that they missed their second flight and almost laughed. Of course they did. Me and the boys had checked into our rooms about an hour ago and were hanging out. We couldn't start our trip without everyone else.

"I'm incredibly bored you guys." Jack muttered, flipping through the TV channels.

"I don't know what this means. Everything is in French!" Jake shouted, banging on the coffee machine.

"Dude. Shut up." I came over and pushed him out of the way. I couldn't read French but I'd figure it out. It was just a coffee machine after all.

After Jake got his coffee, Jack got something to watch and Vinnie was done unpacking I was able to sit down. The room we were staying in was bigger than the standard 2 beds in America, having it's own kitchen.

I flopped back onto the bed, sighing. I hate flying. There's always that one baby and I always get the worst jetlag.

I knew I was going to fall asleep if I wasn't careful so I decided to watch tiktoks instead of staring at the ceiling. I kicked off my shoes and got comfortable under the sheets.

"Maaaxxx. Where are youuu? Can't hide from me forever." I sat in a dim closet, holding my breath.

I recognized the voice, the one that's been haunting me for weeks. It was my stalker. She was in my home, taunting me.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and put a hand over my mouth, hoping to mute myself.

"You think you can hide? Please." She cackled and a door slammed open or closed, I couldn't tell.

I felt someone appear next to me and looked over to see Vinnie grinning at me. He seemed totally at ease given the situation. He winked at me and stood up, pushing the closet door open. He beckoned for me to follow and I shook my head.

"There you are. How exciting. I love the chase but the kill is always the fun."

I watched as Vinnie fell onto his face and I screamed. The doors were ripped from the hinges and my stalker was all  up in my face, her iron teeth bared. She dragged a long, iron claw across my cheek, chuckling as I whimpered.

I jerked awake and realized where I was. I was laying in the hotel bed, my phone playing a video on loop.  Jack and Jake were sitting on the bed across from me and the weight next to me told me Vinnie was laying next to me.

I turned off my phone and set it on the nightstand. I turned to my other side and smiled at Vinnie.

"Have a nice nap?"

"It was amazing."

"I'm glad. You looked like a dog though."

"Excuse me?"

Vinnie grinned. "You know how dogs run in their sleep. You did that. I hope your dream was interesting."

"Oh. Yea. It was a bit chaotic but when are dreams not."

"What was it about?"

I shrugged. "Some crazy shit. Who knows."

Vinnie shrugged and wrapped an arm around me. "It's like 7 I clock now. I think we'll be fine to fall asleep."

"Yea. I hope we don't fuck up our sleep schedule."

"Me too."

I sighed and rested my forehead on Vinnie's chest. "Goodnight Vinnie."

"Goodnight Max."