Whatever You Say

I'm sure most of you have been to a movie theater and sat in those AMC chairs where the middle lifts up so the seat goes from two singles to a double. Yeah when I say Vinnie lifts up the hand rest that's what I mean. And I so wanted for them to have a paint fight but it just didn't come out so I'm sorry for no adorable Minnie content.

Don't forget to comment, vote and rewatch the Cars trilogy for the 32nd time.

Halfway through the movie, Vinnie merged the seats, pulling me closer to him. I rested my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I grinned in the dark theater and settled into position.

The movie was quite great and I was quite disappointed when it ended. There had to be a sequel and so many questions went unanswered. Plus I had to get off of Vinnie's lap. But I was mainly upset about the movie.

As the credits rolled Vinnie took my hand and kissed it before standing up,stretching. He held his hand out and I pulled myself up, looking over the theater.

"That was amazing. I can't wait for the sequel."

"Dude, I know. Like this movie is the best one I've seen this year."

"Exactly. And I don't mean to brag but I have pretty good movie taste."

Vinnie laughed and grabbed his half empty carton of milk duds and my fruit snacks. He nudged me to start moving and I glanced back at him.

"Let's go home."

"No, let's go to the casino." I rolled my eyes and Vinnie sighed.

"Ha ha."

"I know I'm funny, no need to tell me."

Vinnie glanced at his phone before starting the car. "We're making a detour. We need an inflatable mattress."

"For my bedroom?"

"Yea. We need to made it looked lived in."

"Fine by me. I am always down for retail therapy." Vinnie shook his head and I turned on the radio, settling in.

I took my clothes and  sorted it in my 'room' and store some blankets and pillows, making myself a bed.

"This is sad." I said, standing by the door of my room, looking at everything.

"Agreed."

"I'm still sleeping with you, right?"

"Yeah. She arrives on the 21st so you only have to sleep alone for a week."

"Yea but then I come back and I still have to sleep alone."

"Well you can't sleep with me forever. Not if you want to actually live here."

"Bro, I don't know if I want to live here." I sighed. "I don't want to have to hide around some random girl."

"It beats 2,000 miles though."

"Shut up."

"Whatever you say." Vinnie wrapped his arms around me and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Do you think I'm allowed to paint the walls?"

"I'm sure we can ask."

"Can we do that?"

Vinnie nodded. "I'll help. I'll go ask Thomas."

"Thanks."

I stared at the color samples with Vinnie and rolled my eyes. "This one is prettier." I held the sample up to his face and he shook his head.

"This one is more warm toned. It'll go better with everything."

"This one is more of a rainy day forest type of vibe."

"This one is a warm day, going hiking with Edward Cullen type of vibe."

"Isle of Pines sounds better than courtyard."

"It's a name."

"It's my room."

"Fine, just get the damn paint."

"Sore loser."

"Just go get the paint. I'll get some brushes."

I smirked and went to find the paint. I bought two cans and a quart, just in case. I met Vinnie at the counter and he glanced at my struggle to get them on the counter.

"Need some help?"

"Shut up." Vinnie laughed and I smacked his side. "I work out weekly, lifting 145 pounds. This is nothing to me.

"But you haven't been to the gym in weeks."

"Fuck, your right." I groaned. Just one more thing that Vinnie disrupted in my life.

I spent half an hour taping the walls so I'd have crisp edges as Vinnie took off all the outlet coverings. Once we got through that we laid down tarps, lights and cracked open the cans of paint.

Not trusting Vinnie, I worked all around the floors and doors, making sure everything was running smoothly while Vinnie worked above me on the walls.

I felt a drip on my arm and I looked up. Vinnie was rolling the paint on the walls above me.

"Watch it hotshot. We're painting the walls, not each other."

"Psh. I'm doing fine."

I dipped my finger in the paint and streaked Vinnie's leg. "Now we're even."

"I didn't drip on you." Vinnie took his finger and rubbed paint on my cheek.

"You did actually, on my arm." I flicked some paint back at him and shook my head, finishing my last stokes. Vinnie muttered something and went back to his painting.

I picked up the other roller and began on the opposite side of the room, done with the fine touches about an hour ago and I was starting to get the munchies. I set down my roller and looked over at Vinnie who was into his groove.

"I'm going to go make us lunch. Grilled cheese sound good?"

"Fine with me." Vinnie bent down to dip his roller, giving me a thumbs up.

I returned a few minutes later with two sandwiches and a bag of chips. I watched as Vinnie reached up, painting the very top of the wall. His shirt rose up as he stretched and I shamelessly watched as his muscles flexed.

"You have no shame."

"None. Now come down and eat."

Vinnie nodded and stepped down from the ladder that I hadn't noticed before and set down the paint brush.

I glanced around, chewing on my sandwich and nodded. "This is good progress. I think we'll be able to finish."

"Let's hope. I'm tired and we both need showers."

"You're the one that started it."

"Whatever you say."

I scoffed. "You were!"

"Sure, I started it."

"You did!"

"Max, I'm sure I did. Whatever you think." Vinnie grinned, knowing he was riling me up and I rolled my eyes.

"I hate you."

"Sure you do."

"I really do."

"Uh huh."