Meet In The Middle

Wrote half of this while watching Annie, the 2014 version. Sorry for the wait but the grind is starting to stop. But ill get it working again dw. I had state testing last week and have more this week so I'm a little slow. But yea. I think I might have smut the nex chapter but tbh idk. We'll see.

Dont forget to comment and vote!

It was three days before New Years' Eye and I was still in New York. Except I was staying in a hotel with Vinnie. Finally. I was finally getting the time with Vinnie I needed. Needless to say I was ecstatic.

I had just gotten back from showing Vinnie my favorite pizza place. Jay's on 34th street. Best deep dish in the city.

"I think I'm going to explode if I do anything else." Vinnie said, patting his belly. I simply leaned in him and laughed. We had climbed under the blankets and was watching Naked and Afraid, the only thing we could find on the tv. I stifled a yawn and nuzzled closer to Vinnie. I had been up since early in the morning securing some reservations for a fancy club for New Years Eve. I don't think Vinnie and I will do much other than people watch but it'll be fun.

My phone dinging woke me up from my doze. I fumbled for my phone and turned it on. I clicked on the email from Zoey and smiled.

"My interview is done." Vinnie looked down at me and muted the TV.

"Let's see it." I nodded, holding it up for both of us to see. I clicked on the attachment and the video popped up.

I watched myself, still not believing that the person on screen was me. She looked better than I remembered and more up lifted. Happier.

The end of the video came up and I groaned, burying my face in Vinnie's side. He snickered and took the phone from me. I pulled the covers over my head in response. I heard my voice so very clear and cringed. This was more embarrassing than singing in front of a camera. Soon millions of people would see this and critique me.

"Not bad. You aren't as tone deaf as I thought." Vinnie snickered and I grabbed my phone from him, shooting him a evil glance.

"Shut up." I said, going back to the email. I gave Zoey the go ahead to post it and then tossed my phone off to the side.

"You should sing me to sleep." Vinnie teased. I hit him lightly and he chuckled.

"I'm not singing you to sleep."

"Aw. C'mon, why not?"

"I don't like to sing. Its embarrassing."

"Then why'd you sing for Zoey? Why would you sing for the entire internet but not sing for me?"

"I'm sorry, I just don't sing. That was a one and done situation," I sighed. "Plus it'll give me a boost."

Vinnie glanced at the clock on the wall and sighed. "I won't push you."

"Thank you." I mumbled, kissing his cheek. I rested my head back own on his chest.

After taking a shower at 7am and getting ready for the day I climbed on the bed and grinned as I woke Vinnie up with some kisses.

My boyfriend grinned and kissed me back. "You should wake me up like this everyday."

"Yea?"

"Mhm. Best way to wake up."

"Glad you like it. Now get up. It's New Years Eve and we have a day of things to do." Vinnie mumbled something incoherent and sat up, rubbing his face.

While I waited for him I did my daily does of tiktok and posted some of my drafts.

Vinnie wrapped his arm around me as he lead me out of the room. I smiled and happily let him lead me down the hallway.

I took his hand and lead him through the throng of people to the restaurant I had reservations in. It took me a lot of hassling and a small bribe but I was able to get us in.

After eating I dragged Vinnie through the city, bringing him to our final tour spots. We'd be flying back to LA tomorrow night so this was our last real day here.

Most of the day was spent in little, fun spots. A little bookshop here, an urban art museum there. The local side of the city.

If I hadn't moved out to LA I would've definitely moved here.

"What are you thinking about?" Vinnie asked, peering over at me from his spot besides me.

"New York. I'm gonna miss it."

"Then why Seattle? Why not move here?"

"Drew was going to conquer this city. I was going to conquer the other. We'd met in the middle."

"Any progress?"

I shrugged. "He's got New York almost together. His company is blowing up."

"And you?"

I glanced at Vinnie, smirking. "Almost there."

He smiled and wrapped his arm around me. "Well I personally can't wait to see my girlfriend on the cover of some famous magazine."

"Yea. For sure." I mocked. "Let's just get ready for the club."

"Club?"

"Yea, we're going clubbing. We obviously won't be drinking but we can still dance."

"Good, I like to tango."

I shook my head and got up, reaching for my suitcase. Vinnie followed, digging through his duffel bag.

I watched Vinnie change into a button up and some black slacks. I wolf whistled and he fliooer me off.

Vinnie threw a jacket at me and I caught it, slipping into it.

"Are you excited?" I asked, stepping aside to avoid someone.

"Eh. More excited to go home afterwards."

"Yea?"

"Yea. I can't wait to be at the hotel, in bed, with you." Vinnie said, squeezing my hand. I laughed at his remark and simply tugged him further along.