Pietro's Iconic Liver and Onions

I can't believe I go back to school in 8 days. FML. no more sleep, no more mental health, no more creativity. fuck school. but then again school starts in the 'fall' and fall is my second favorite season. also halloween and shit. still not worth it but- also my dog is back from the hospital can I get a HELL YEAH?! OH BEFORE I FORGET, I have the perfect spot to write smut and I need to know, do you guys want/need smut? please let me know.

don't forget to vote!

I paused by the door to the restaurant, glancing around the lobby. I cargo dumped my trauma onto this guy, did I really want to go back and deal with that? I bit my lip and took a deep breath, stepping into the restaurant. I stepped up to the hostess block and was quietly greeted. I explained the situation and followed the server to the back of the restaurant where I saw Vinnie sitting in a both, scanning the menu. The server set down a menu and an extra pair of silverware before excusing himself.

"You came." Vinnie beamed and scooted over for me. I sat down and scooted next to him.

"Yeah well. I couldn't let a poor simp down." I smirked and he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah because I'm such a simp for you."

I smirked. "Glad we're on the same page. Have you decided what you want?"

Vinnie picked his menu back up and bit his lip, thinking. "The fettuchini alfredo seems interesting."

"With the pulled pork?" Vinnie nodded. "Yeah thats stuffs really good. It is a bigger serving though. Pietro's is known for go big or go home."

"I keep forgetting that you live here. You know these streets like the back of your hand. You know the best places to visit. It's so...fascinating." Vinnie looked at me and I nodded.

"To think your just passing through the streets where so many memories have been made. It's very fascinating especially in New York City, one of the biggest cities in America. Imagine living there and doing everything the city has to offer."

Vinnie opened his mouth to respond and I looked away, slightly embarrassed that I just toook over the topic, when a waiter approached us. "Have you two decided on what you'd like?" Vinnie looked at me and I nodded.

"Can I get the liver an onions, extra crispy on the liver?"

"And for you?"

"The pulled pork fettuchini alfredo." I handed the waiter our menus and the waiter took them before disappearing.

"I still can't believe they call chicken and waffles liver and onions." Vinnie took a sip of his water and I laughed.

"It's a new edition. A food critique came in one day and ordered chicken and waffles and somehow got liver and onions. It was hilarious."

"You were there?"

I nodded. "I worked here in high school. I was on duty when it happened."

"Woah, this place seems...never boring."

"You'd be surprised." I took a sip of my water and glanced around the room.

"Do you have any other work stories?"

"I had a couple fake an engagement for free dessert." I folded my hands in my lap and smirked.

"How'd you know it was fake?"

"Because I convinced my friends to do it." Vinnie looked at me with a shocked look. I nodded, triumphantly.

"They took it in a to-go box and gave it to me on their way out."