Dread

Before I go screaming and crying about 6k reads I want to apologize for the lack of updates. I do all of my writing at night and these past few weeks I've been so tired I go to bed at 10. 10pm. I hate it. I'll continue trying to get chapters out so hanks for being patient.

Moving on, SIX THOUSAND READS. WHAT THE FUCK. GUYS. Guys. guys. 6 thousand reads. Thats almost a quarter of my town. HENRNRKISBE. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

and with that, enjoy the chapter.

The visit was messy and oddly silent. I honestly didn't feel like driving all the way down to Seattle after the shit few days I've had but I knew I needed to. Plus, it'd give me time to figure out what I was going to say to Vinnie about the necklace. 'Hey my crazy stepsister stole it and I found out my dad's a pushover. Funny, right?'

"Hey! Max!" I turned around and saw Henry jogging out of the house. I looked back at Drew and let him approach. He held out his palm to me and I carefully took the necklace from him.

"What?"

"I know it wasn't Millie's. She came crying to me when Gavin didn't get her anything four their one year. She's a pathological liar and a kleptomaniac so this didn't surprise me."

"So maybe I won't write you out of my will." Drew murmured.

Henry laughed and nodded. "I have to go but it was entertaining to see someone stand up to Millie. Enjoy your holidays. Say hi to that boyfriend for me."

"Of course. Thank you for getting me my necklace."

"Anytime." He gave me a fist bump before running back inside.

I turned to Drew and sighed. "You going to be okay here?"

"I got Kelly. I'll be fine."

"Okay, don't start anymore fights, kay?"

"No promises."

"I love you." I gave Drew a hug and he nodded, squeezing me back.

"I love you more." I sighed and Drew pushed me towards the car. "Now go, and tell lover boy I said hi."

I stepped into my apartment for the first time in months and looked around. Just as I left it. I entered my bedroom and laughed myself onto the bed. I was home. I was actually home. No Vinnie, no Renata, no drama. Just me and Seattle.

I stopped by Pietro's and sat in a booth, nostalgic at the scene. I got the liver and onions, knowing this was probably the last time I would be here.

I took my time packing up. The pit in my stomach grew every time I thought about leaving. This was my home. This was the first place I really to to be myself. The first time I was on my own. My first real job and the first home I knew besides my childhood home.

I walked into Carlos' shop and smiled when I saw him and Tilly at the counter.

"Max?"

"Carlos. Tilly." I enveloped them in a hug and felt the stress from the few days evaporate.

"My goodness girl. How are you here? Why are you here?"

"You're not sniffing around for a job are you?" I laughed at Carlos' comment and Tilly lightly hit him.

"I'm not, don't worry. I just came by to see you guys before I left. Vinnie brought me down to LA a few weeks after you fired me and now I'm officially moving in with him." I shrugged and Tilly grinned.

"That's great honey! Oh I'm so proud of you."

I gave her a soft smile and looked around the salon. "I'm glad this place hasn't changed."

"And it never will. It's perfect just the way it is." Carlos retorted.

I put my hands up in mock defense. "I never said it was a bad thing. It's good to know that this will never change."

Tilly tutted. "What's on your mind deary? No one moving to LA should sound this upset."

I sighed and shrugged. "I'm just a little hesitant to move away. This place is my home. This is where all my roots are. This is where I belong. Not in LA."

"Then why are you moving?"

"Because I think I'm in love."

"With that fine white boy?" I nodded and Tilly laughed. "Then that's where you belong. With Mr. Fine." She concluded.

"It's hard moving. There's no much uncertainty with him and LA. I know here I'm safe."

"Take it from me, there's no fun in safety. I worried my entire life about my future that I never enjoyed the present. I got a job as a teenager instead of living, just because I wanted to be safe. Don't make the same mistake I did. Go out and live your life." Carlos gave me a sad smile. "And if you really need it, you'll always have a job here."

I blinked away the tears I my eyes and nodded. "Thank you. I love you guys."

"And we love you too. Send us a postcard some time. Tell us all about your adventures."

"I will. Thank you guys for everything."

"It's our pleasure."

I sat in the UHaul truck, looking around once more. This is was it. I was officially leaving. I sighed and pulled out onto Main Street.

Dread filled my body and weighed me down in my seat. I fiddled with my necklace. Every fiber in my body was telling me to go back. I still had my apartment. My lease wasn't up for another three months. I could go back and stay there. I could be normal again.

But my heart was telling me to go to Vinnie. Find him and Bear and stay with them until the world's end.

So it was a battle against my brain and my heart. I'm not sure who would win.

I stayed in hotels while I explored the west coast. I took mementos from everywhere. Sand from La Push, leaves and flowers from Forks, a vinyl from Portland, a postcard from Sacramento and a postcard of the Golden Gate Bridge. It was nice being able to go on a road trip and forget about everything. Even if this truck was black hole for gas.

Too soon I was pulling into the Hype House driveway. I got out and came inside, finding it empty.

No one was here.

"Just fucking great."

I began to drag everything inside. It was a pain in the ass. All my non bedroom things went under the bed and I was left with too many things to do.

I went to IKEA, returned the UHaul truck and set everything up before everyone returned. I was close to falling asleep in the beanbag when Jack jumped atop me. I groaned and he laughed.

"Max! You're home!" Jack stood up, me in his arms, and swung me around.

He set me down and I smiled. I embraced Thomas and Mia, glancing behind them. I waved to Renata and held back tears. Vinnie didn't bother to say hello.

"He's in a mood." Jack muttered, following me into the kitchen.

"It's okay. Probably just mad I took so long to come home." I flipped my hair and he laughed. I grinned and tried to push the doubts away.