chapter forty-nine

edited

Joseph

     It was the most beautiful sound he had ever heard. Thunder. It was crackling everywhere.  He sat up in his bed, and looked over at Kaitlyn. She too was awake and listening to the sweet sound of thunder striking.

     “That’s the most beautiful sound I’ve ever heard..” He sighed, smiling. Kaitlyn smiled back at him, reaching out her hand. Joseph took her hand in his, and they both got up and out of bed. They walked out of their room, and looked down the hallway of their castle. The sound was getting louder.

     “I wonder where it’s coming from..” Kaitlyn breathed. Joseph felt so calm, and he didn’t know exactly why, but he didn’t want it to stop. He kept walking until he was in the center of it all. He saw lighting and all the other Wizard’s. He knew in that moment everything would be okay, and suddenly,

     Everything was.

Leila

     She stood there. That was all she did. She was hand in hand with Liam, and she just stood there. Looking at the empty space in front of her. Joseph and Kailtyn had previously been there. Laughing and jumping and smiling. And it was a bitter sweet moment for Leila. Joseph and Kaitlyn looked happy, but they were gone now. The only one’s left to go now were Lily and Damian..

     And her and Liam.

     There was no ceasing what was to happen. Surely Lily and Damian would go next, and then Leila would finally get to see for herself what all the fuss was about. She would be happy in the monent, sure. But she was still afraid of what would come after the happiness.

     She looked up at Liam. He had already been looking down at her, and he only smiled. Leila knew that Liam was probably scared, too, but he always put on a brave face for Leila. Even when he didn’t need to.

     Leila felt weak, and her knees shook. She fell to the ground, and Liam fell with her. Lily and Damian came rushing to them, trying to get them to move, but they couldn’t. Leila was concious, but she couldn’t move, or talk. She was paralized. Soon Lily and Damian were on the ground as well, and everything faded into blackness.

••••••••••

Yes, I’ve changed the name and cover of this story. ‘The Lives Of Many’ just wasn’t doing it for me anymore, so I hope you like this name because it’ll be sticking around