chapter nine

edited

2 Months Later.

Leila

     Everything was changing so quickly. Too quickly. Everyone who was a part of Leila’s kidnapping have been put under a sleeping curse so that for as long as everyone was trapped, they won’t do anyone any harm.

     All except Ira. She was once Leila’s best friend, and she still hates Leila for at she did to D.J, but she had to. The only reason that she didn’t spare Naomi was because she was in charge of it all, and Leila just couldn't lrt that slide.

     Tomorrow Naomi’s sleeping spell ceremony will take place in a center of all the kingdoms.

     “Queen Leila?” Leila heard Sophia’s voice and looked up. She was holding a tray of food and the smell was making her nauseous.

     “Please, don’t call me Queen.” I laugh. A fake laugh. Even Sophia knew that Leila’s smiles and laughs these days didn’t reach her heart.

     “Please Leila, eat something. You’ll die of hunger soon.” She insists as she sits by Leila’s side of the bed.

     “Fine, I’ll take one bite if you promise to leave me alone for the next week.”

    “Agreed.” She smiles and shoves a fork full of eggs in her hand. Leila knew she would continue to pester her, but at least she’d have Sophia off her back for the rest of the day.

    She put the eggs in her mouth and enjoys the taste. She hasn’t eaten in weeks.

    “Well.. I didn’t want to bring this up but.. we still have to finish off the details of Naomi’s...sleeping curse.” She spits out the word with caution and the food in her mouth turns sour.

     She swallowed the eggs. “I know,” Leila sighed as she got up. Her legs felt wobbly and she had little to no energy.

     “Do you plan on leaving your room today?”

     “No. I think I might just sit here and be depressed over the fact that one of my closest friends planned my kidnapping.” Leila held back abother sob.

     “Well, I think you should go out. Talk to your friends... let your people know you’re.. I don’t know alive.

     “Wish I wasn’t,” She murmured.

*

     After taking a shower and getting dressed Leila immediately  went to the center of it all. Of where tomorrow at 11am, Naomi woulf be in a deep sleep.

     “Hi,” Ella’s voice interrupts Leila’s concentrated silence.

     “Hello.”

     “I haven’t seen you in a while.” She says softly.

     Leila looked down at her slightly fat belly and decided to avoid her remark. “Has anyone noticed your baby bump?”

     “No,” She looked down and smiled. “surprisingly.”

     Leila looked up at the large bed in he center of the room. A thick glass barrier protecting it. Everyone’s eyes would be glued to that spot the following day.

     “I’m sorry.” She tried looking into her eyes, but she refused to meet her gaze.

     “I don’t know how we’ll get out of here alive if we’re destroying each other.” Leila wondered a loud.

     “Well.. we’re strong. All of us. I don’t think any other teenager has to go through all of this.”

     Leila felt  tap on her shoulder beforeshe could even answer Ella. Leila turned around to meet the gaze of two red eyes. They belong to one of her most powerful guards named Dean.

     “Yes?” She asked, her voice low.

      “Naomi has requested to see you, my Queen.” Leila would have corrected him referring to her as ‘Queen’, but she knew it was hopeless. Everyone called her that, and it wasn’t voluntarily. She asked time and time again for people  quit calling her that, but no one listened. It was as if they had been calling her Queen for years.

     “You don’t have to Queen Le–”

     “I’ll go just to see what she wants. If I call for help, come fast.”

     The guard nods and leads Leila to Naomi’s cell. As  soon as Leila enters the holding cells, the prisoners erupt in whispers. Some of them shout insult’s at Leila, but she ignores them to the best of her ability.

     “This is Naomi’s cell.” The guards deep voice informs me.

     The door in front of her wasn’t a few vertical steal bars like the others. It was an actual metal door.

     As the guard opened the door slowly, Leila took a few deep breaths.

     The moment Leila stepped in she could sense Naomi’s presence.

     “Leila? Is it you?” Naomi spoke up.

     “Yes,”

     “I’m so sorry, Leila. I –”

     “Why? Why did you do it?”

     The room was quiet for quite a while, and Leila was debating whether she should just leave or wait out the silence.

     Finally, Naomi spoke;

     “Because I love him.”