chapter twenty-seven

edited

The Man In White

     He knew what was going on, so he didn’t panic. He knew that it was raining blood, even though he hadn’t left his bedroom all day. He also knew that right about now, all of the Vampires in W.R Thomas had collapsed, and Leila was freaking out. Leila was part Vampire, so she was probably feeling a bit woosey.

     He got out of bed and put on a pair of white jeans and a white V–neck.

     He had no idea how he was going to explain the events of the next few weeks to Leila, but he had to find a way to explain without ruining everything.

*

     He walked up behind Leila, and put his hands around her waist, startling her a bit. “Hey,” She smiled, although her voice was laced in worry.  She was still standing in front of her castle, staring at the unconscious Vampire bodies. He noticed Dean’s body laying right next to her.

     “You,” She turned around, determination splattered all over her face. She pointed a finger right in his face.

     “Explain this, now!” Leila’s eyes drowned in a sea of black, and The Man in White gulped.

     “I can’t,” He felt like he had said that a million times, but then again, he probably had. “I know that you probably hate it when I say that and you’re going insane with all of the questions you want me to answer but I promise soon enough they’ll be answered.”

     She paced back and forth like a child, and said something just as childish. “Soon enough isn’t nearly soon enough.” He laughted at that, and she did, too. But soon, her smile returned to its tight frown.

     “I think you’ve had enough stress for today.” He said, grabbing her hand and leading her away from the still un–moving bodies. 

     She walked towards the castle, and he looked back at what used to be a pile of bodies, but what was now empty space.

Leila

     After The Man In White conviced Leila to go back into her castle, they went into her bedroom and sat on her bed. After a while of standing there, the rest of the Royals went back inside.

     “What do you want to do?” They both simultaneously asked. She giggled, and nodded for him to continue. “What do you want to do? We have the rest of the day to ourselves.” It was still pretty early.

     “Let’s watch a movie,” She suggested hopefully. He nodded his head in agreement.

*

     A few minutes later.

     After discussing what movie to watch, they had both agreed on Spring Breakers. After conjuring up a Flat Sceen TV, The Man in White and Leila cuddled into the bed, where she rested her head on his shoulder.  She stuck her hand in the popcorn bucket, and shoved a handful in her mouth.

     Leila’s attention was barely on the movie, just thinking about how to fix whatever the hell was going on. She hadn’t realized but about 20 minutes had passed, and the T.V screen showed a half naked girl sprawled out on the floor, her breasts on full display.

     The Man in White’s breathing became shallow, and he began to adjust his jeans. “I um, I’ll be right back,” He whispered, getting up from Leila’s bed and rushing to the bathroom.

     Leila wasn’t clueless. She knew that when a scene like that popped up some guys got a little. . flustered. The Man in White was probably in there trying to forget about what he saw.

     After waiting a while Leila got out of bed and decided to check on him. She knocked lightly on the door. She heard a groan on the other side, and some shuffling.

     “I’ll be right out,” He said, and in a moment the door swung open, hitting Leila in the face.

     “Son of a bitch!” Leila said, touching her nose. She could feel the blood pickling down her lips.

     “I am so sorry!” He shouted. “I am so, so, so sorry!”

     “It’s okay. .” Leila assured him. “I’m a Dark Angel, I’ll heal.”

     “I’m still really sorry.” He insisted. She got up from the floor with his help.

     “What were you doing outside the bathroom door?” He asked her.

     “I was gonna see if you were okay. You were in there for...” Leila trailed off, noticing The Man in White’s hard gaze on her lips. Even when she tried to look him in his eyes, his gaze didn’t falter. He licked his own lips, making them moist.

     Leila realized that his staring wouldn’t stop any time soon, so she took a deep breath, and she leaned in.

     She closed her eyes, and pressed her lips to his.