chapter forty-two

edited

6 Months Later

Leila

     Everything was so confusing. It was still dark, like the first time she woke up. “Can anyone hear me?” She called out. Leila heard groans and moans. “Babe?” She called for The Man In White. She didn’t know his real name – which still frustrated her to no end, I mean, they were dating for at least a year now, for God’s sake – so ‘Babe’ is the best she could do.

     “L..Leila?” She heard from almost right next to her. The lights came on, making her cover her eyes. ‘Holy crap that hurt.’ The Royals were scattered around  room, all standing, only a few awake.

     As she looked around the room she realized that no one looked like they usually did.  Noah and Naomi didn’t look pale and lifeless like they usually did. Instead they were full of color and looked more alive then even when they were human. It was the only different thing Leila could pinpoint, as Zombies were the only supernatural creatures that couldn’t naturally pass themselves off as human.

     The Man in White’s eyes fluttered open slowly, and they looked around the room before coming to a halt at her. “Leila? Leila! What the hell happened?” She shrugged, looking at the other Royals who were also waking up. “I don’t know what happened but I do know that we’ve been asleep.. A while.”. Leila tries to take a step forward, but fails.

     “Can you move?” Leila asked him. He made an effort to move from his place, but nothing he did worked.

     “Guys?” She hears Lily. Leila looks over to her. She’s stepping closer to us.

     “How the hell can you move but no one else can?” Ella asks from behind me. Lily shrugs, and Leila sees Damian coming from behind The Man In White.

     She reach her hand out towards Lily. “Well help m–” She stopped talking instantly. I look down at her outstretched hand. Claws. ‘Why the hell do I have claws?’

     “Uh.. Guys...” Damian groans. They look at him and there are a pair of white wings outstretched behind him. “I totally did not have these when I fell sleep.”

     “But.. Your wings are white. I don’t have white wings. I have Dark Angel wings.” Leila said, extremely confused.

     “Then who the hell has Light Angel wings?”

××××××××××××××××××××××××

They’ll be getting longer again soon, I promise.