chapter three

edited

Gabe ♔

     He felt the water surrounding him and he heard absolutely nothing. He loved being in water so much it scared him. Whenever something wasn’t right in his life – whether it was failing grades or crazy ex girlfriends, being surbmerged underwater for as long as he could always helped him to cool off.

     He got out of the school pool to find about four girls sitting in bathing suits staring straight at him.

     Ella Red was the only one who caught  his attention, though. She was beautiful... and Gabe had planned on asking her out several times, but he always seem to get too nervous around her to form a cohearent sentence. It was odd, really. Gabe was confident and brave, no one would have guessed that a beautiful girl would make him stutter like she did.

     Gabe took a deep breath, deciding that if he didn’t do it then, he’d never have the guts to. ‘No better time like the present.’ He thought.

     He walked over to them, straightening his back and trying to fake confidence. Just when Gabe was standing in front of her, Ella looked up, and smiled. She lit up when she smiled, and that’s one of the many things he loved about her. It only encouraged him.

     He looked her in the eyes, and grinned. “Go out with me this weekend?” He was proud of himself. He wasn’t stuttering, and he looked good. Even if she denied him, he would still be proud that he had the balls to go through with it.

     “Yes.”

     Gabe’s heart began to beat fast. He smiled at her, and leant forward, giving her a soft kiss on the cheek.

     When he pulled back Ella’s cheeks were red, and he felt satisfied.

     “I have to go now. I’ll see you later, okay?”

     “Okay.”

     He walked away from the group of now giggling girls, and walked into the boys lockerroom. He removed his swim trunks and hopped into the shower, letting the hot water relax him.  He suddenly heard all of the other showers come on at the same time. ‘That’s impossible.’

     He stepped out of the shower and looked around. They were all turned on, and Gabe’s eyebrows furrowed. He began to turn them all off, before all the shower heads broke off, causing the water to uncontrollably spurt out of the large holes. Gabe’s eyes widened, and he put on his swim trunks, running to find the coach.

     Gabe had been chosen, but what were a few harmless pipes to the King of the Sea?

~

Ella

     Ella Red was officially the happiest girl in the world. She smiled at how nervous Gabe looked when he asked her out, and even though he tried to play it cool, he failed miserably. She touched the spot on her cheek where Gabe’s lips had previously been placed, and smiled to herself.

     She looked down at the sketch pad on her desk. A beautifully drawn portrait of Ella’s new boyfriend – Gabe – was drawn.

     “Ms. Red, would you care to show the class what you’re so focused on drawing?”

     Screw you, Mr. Dunn.Ella hated Science. Always had. She never understood atoms or supernova’s or how the sun was so hot.

     “Oh.. it’s nothing, really.”

     “Either you show the class, or serve a detention tomorrow.” He says with a smile,  “Either one work for me.”