chapter thirty-six

edited

Leila

     She woke up in a haze, a bit confused. She began to remember the events of the previous night and smiled to herself. She forgave the Man In White. She got up from her bed still smiling and made her way to her bathroom. She took off her clothes and entered the shower, letting the warm water relax her. She heard a light nock on her bedroom door just as she was stepping out. “I’ll be right there!” She called out.

     As she steps out of the shower, drying herself off and wrapping the towel around her. Leila poked her head out of the door, and took a look around. She saw The Man In White lying on her bed, his arms behind his head and his eyes focused on the ceiling. “Who said you could come in?” She rolled her eyes playfully at him. His eyes snap towards Leila, and she felt  a thousand butterflies in her stomach. Leila thought that was a bit strange, as she had never felt butterflies before. For anyone. Not even Noah.

     His eyes widened, and his lips tugged into a smirk. He got up, slowly, then guickly walked over to Leila, surprisimg her by pressing his lips needingly against hers. She closed her eyes, feeling her heart swell and her heart skip a beat when he pulls my towel down. “We can’t..” She moaned against his lips. His hands grab her weist tighter.

     “Yes, we can. You’re eighteen.” He said, making her eyes snap open. ‘Oh, my God.’  Leila couldn’t believe that she had forgotten her own birthday. All the Royals had. They hadn’t even celebrated Christmas.

     “We were trapped in here in September.. it’s been six months. Your birthday is in October. So you..” He kisses my neck once. “Are eighteen. Which means I can do this.” He palms between her thighs, making Leila moan. Her chore was aching, and she felt like she’d never wanted him more. ‘Wait, how does he know when my birthday is?’

     “How do you –” Just then, there is a nock on the door. Leila rolled her eyes, a bit annoyed that she didn’t get to finish asking The Man in White her question.

     “You open the door and I’ll go change.” She told him. He nods, and makes his way to the door as Leila walked towards the bathroom. She got dressed quickly and walked out just in time to see Ira and The Man In White about to get into an argument.

     “No way! I think Aiden and I are the best couple in the school. Anyone would agree with me.” Ira huffed. The Man In White rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. He pouted his plump lips, and for some reason Leila got buterflies again. ‘Calm down, Leila. Sheesh.

     “Not anyone with a mate of their own and uh, half a brain.” He retorted, making me giggle and walk over to him.

     “Sorry Ira, but I think we won that one.” Leila says, kissing The Man In White on the cheek. He smiles down at her, and Ira has to cough loudly for them to realize they’ve been staring into each others eyes for a whole minute.

     “Sorry,” Leila apolagizes, looking away and forcing herself to look at Ira. Something was different about her, but Leila didn’t know what. Ira smiled widely at Leila. A chill runs up her spine but she ignores it.

     “I need to talk to Leila..” Ira says, and looks at The Man In White. “Alone.” He lifts his hands up in defense, and smiles a goofy smile that makes Leila’s heart flutter. What was going on with her today? He walks out of the room, and Leila’s eyes avert themselves to Ira’s face. She was smirking, but soon changes her face into a smug grin.

     “So, what did you want to talk about?” Leila asked her, avoiding the chill that yet again ran up her spine.

     “I wanted to forgive you.” Leila had completely forgot about the fight with Ira, but now that she remembered, she felt bad all over again. Leila frowned, and Ira seemed to notice the change in her, because her hand rested gently on my arm. “It’s okay. I was irrational. He would have died if you hadn’t saved him. I was just being a Drama Queen.” She rolled her eyes playfully. Leila so happy Ira finally forgave her, she was starting to worry where she was.

Ira

     She wasn’t really forgiving her. She couldn't. Only Ira could really forgive her. And she was no Ira.

     “I have an idea.” She says mischeviously, though she doesn’t think Leila would be smart enough to notice what she was up to. Her eyes spark in wonder, and ‘Ira’ knows she has absolutely no idea.

     “Yeah? What is it?”

     “Well, since you and the other Royals have been doing such a great job so far..” They absolutely were not doing a great job. “I thought maybe we could celebrate. You, me, The Man In White, and the other Royals. What do you think?” She thought about it for just a second before grabbing Ira in a tight hug. “That’s a great idea! We could all use a little relaxation.” Leila pulls away and smiles at Ira. She smiled back.

     After a second of silence, she speaks up again. “I told the Royal’s to meet us in the meeting chambers in ten minutes.”

     Everything was going just as it should be.

××××××××××××××

Sorry this was a really crappy chapter and that it took so long! The next one will be shorter and definitely take less time. I love you all!