chapter nineteen

edited

Dean

     His eyes opened slowly, his vision adjusting to the bright light. He had forgotten to turn off the light before be fell asleep.

     He got out of the stiff bed and walked out of his bedroom door to where he had tied Leila to a chair and put dark red liquid on her rope.

     “Morning, sunshine.” She said to him sarcastically the moment I removed the tape from her swollen lips. He surprised, she wasn’t crying. At all. Not even signs that she had cried overnight.

     “Oh, quiet. Do you want food?” He grumbled, getting milk from the fridge.

     “No thanks. Why don’t we skip this whole Nice Kidnapper act you’ve got going on and tell me what you want this time. Where are the rest of you?” She asked.

     ‘The rest of us?’

     “Oh, you must think I’m a True Royal.” He chuckled. ”Well, I’m not. I’m much smarter. I work alone. Now eat.” He snapped, grabbing a sandwich covered in Good Pouder. Anyone else wouldn’t have noticed it was there, but Leila would taste the bitter substance. Weather she liked it or not she had to eat it, it was what was keeping her weak enough not to escape.

     She took a bite of the sandwich, almost instantly spitting it out. “What the hell is in that?” She protested.

     “Blood,” He smiled proudly, happy that he managed to get his hands on some. Though he didn’t quite remember how.

    “But I’m part Vampire. I like the taste of blood.”

     “You don’t understand. It’s not just blood. It’s blood from every Supernatural being in this school. It’s your weakness. Enough of it could kill you.”

     “What?! I don’t want it!” She turned her head away from his outstretched hand, which was holding the sandwich.

     “Too bad, you’re gonna eat it. Whether you like it or not.”

~

Leila

     Dean shoved the disgusting sandwich Leila’s my mouth, causing her to almost puke at the revolting taste. Leila didn’t know how Dean knew her weakness when even she didn’t know it herself.

     When she swallowed the piece of sandwich she found herself remembering how The Man In White would plop a Cheeto in his mouth and moan at the cheasy taste. She’d kill for a Cheeto right then.

     “You do realize everyone will come looking for me, right?”

     “You do realize no one will find you, right?” He retorted.

      Besides being a total wacko and kidnapping her, Leila thought he was kind of cute. Leila began to look at the way the muscles in his arms contracted as he opened the fridge. Her eyes widened in realization of what she had just done.

     ‘Did I just check out my own kidnapper?’

     She shook her head lightly, looking away.

     “So Dean, for how long do you plan on keeping me here?” She asked him.

     “Until we’re out of here,” He said, causing Leila to laugh. “What? What’s so funny?"

     “Well just before you decided to borrow me without permission I was reading in my book that none of us can leave this place until I finish it.”