chapter sixteen

edited

     “We do?” Noah looked at her, his eyes glistening with hope.

     “Yeah,” Leila sighed. “What time is it?”

     No one seemed to move, except Noah who scrambled to get his phone out. “11:39pm,” he told Leila.

     Before she could could get a word out, Castiel was on the floor groaning as he clutched his leg.

     “Castiel!” James yelled. They all rushed over to him, hoping that he was okay to free Naomi from her sleeping curse. “What’s wrong?” Leila asked him. “My leg..” He uttered. “..it burns,” Just as he finished telling them what was wrong, James collapsed on the ground, also clutching his leg.

     “Shit!” James cried out.

     “They’ll never be able to do the spell.” Leila frowned.

     ”Then you better do it.” Lily said.

     “O–Okay, take care of them. I’ll be back soon.” Just as she aas walking out, Noah collapsed as well.

      “Leila...Hurry.” Noah breathed.

~

Naomi

      She looked around and she was surrounded by people. She recognized them, but at the same time they seemed strange. Noami looked up and she could see the blue sky almost covered by white clouds.

     “Noah!” She heard someone yell. She looked forward and Noah was walking out of the doors that lead to where she was. Suddenly, there was a knife piercing his heart. The life drained from his eyes and he fell to the ground.

     She ran over to his lifeless body and the circle around him opened so that Naomi could see his unconscious body laying on the cold concrete.

     “Noah,” Naomi gasped as she got on hey knees next to him.

     “Naomi,” He smiled, his eyes fluttering open. Suddenly all the people around me were gone. “What’s going on?” She questioned him. He wasn’t wearing a green tux or a crown. He was wearing a school uniform, which was strange because W.R didn’t have dress code.

     “Don’t worry,” He grinned. “Just kiss me.”

     The moment he said that her lips crash against his. They were soft and warm. And she felt like the world was gone when she kissed him. “I love you,” Noah whispered.

     “I love you too.”

~

James

     His leg was still burning like hell but he couldn’t get his mind off of Leila and Naomi in a room alone together. James had become close friends with Leila ever since she did him the kindness of making him like Castiel. And he couldn’t help but think, ‘Will he try to hurt her?’

     “I should’ve gone with her,” James breathed, clutching his leg.

     “No, Leila will be fine. You’re hurt," Castiel reminded him, though James knew he was just as worried.

     “Do you think this,” Castiel gestured to his leg. “is our Mark of Power?”

     “Only one way to find out,” Joseph interrupted. “Lift up your pant leg,”

     Castiel and James did as Joseph said and gasped at the sight. There, going down the side of his leg was a purple lightning bolt.

     “Do you have the same mark?” James looked at Castiel. Instead of answering, he simply shows James his leg, and sure enough, he also had a large purple lightning bolt.