chapter thirty

The Man In White

     When he walked into Leila’s Meeting Chambers it is not what he expected at all. Leila was on the floor, unconscious and no one was doing anything about it. “What is wrong with you people?!” He shouted at them, running towards Leila’s body.

     “She just fainted right now!” Gabe said. “She said she was—”

     “Pregnant!” Ella inturrupted. His eyes widen.

     “We’re uh. . Not sure,” He says, but then his eyes widen in realization. ‘They didn't know it was yours, idiot.’

     “I mean. .” He tried to fix things, but it was alrady too late. Everyone’s eyes had gone wide, and their jaws hung slightly open. “Damn it,” He muttered under his breath.

     He bent down to pick Leila up, and began to take her to her room. The Royals followed him, and by the time they got to her bedroom the girls were no longer silent, and were already shouting possible baby names at him

     “I like the name Lucas for a boy.” Samantha suggests.

     “If it’s a girl, how about Angela?” James says. The Man In White smiles as he looked at Leila. What a coincidence that would be. “And if it’ a boy, just Angel.” He whispered.

     Leila’s eyes fluttered open.

     He couldn’t get too attached to the idea of having a baby with Leila. There were still many things to come before they were ready.

~

Leila

     Her eyes felt heavy, and her vision was still slightly blurry. There were blurry figures standing around what appears to be her bed. Leila’s vision starts to adjust.

     “I’m okay guys,” Leila managed to say.

     The Man In White leaned in closer to her. Leila blushed. “I’m so glad you’re okay,” He whispered.

     “Well, we’ll give you guys some privacy,” Gabe said, his arms around a grinning Ella.

     “Don’t make another baby while we’re gone!” Ella laughed nervously and Gabe’s eyes widened.

     After a few minutes of silence, Leila spoke up.

     “If I am pregant, I’m keeping him or her.” The Man In White smiled, and his eyes seemed to sparkle.

     “How old are you?” Leila asked for the first time ever. The Man In White tensed up,  and now I want to know more then ever.

     “Why do you want to know?” He dodged her question.

     “We‘re mates, and we barely know each other. You said it yourself. You know how old I am. I’m seventeen. What’s the big deal about you telling me how old are you? What are you, fifty-five?” Leila joke, and he laughs. An extremely fake laugh.

     “I’m . .”

     “Spit it out, already!” She rushed him.

     “I’m twenty–two!” He finally admits, and her eyes widen.

     He tried to help himself. To explain, but all Leila could hear was “I’m twenty–two!” on an endless loop in my head.

     She felt woozy all over again, and her head collides with the pillow as her vision blurred.