chapter four

edited

Chris

     He woke up,  yawning, and rubbing his eyes. He laid in his bed for a moment trying to remember the dream he just woke from.

Dream

     He was standing in the middle of no where - he could see himself as though he were someone else watching from a TV Screen. He felt the sun get hotter, and hotter. Soon there was no air for him to breath..

     As he took his last breath he saw his eyes turn yellow, his nails turn black and long, and all he could manage to say was... “Melody,

     He didn’t understand the dream. Sure, he thought Melody Oaks was beautiful, but he rarely talked to her. He groaned and got out of bed, stretching as he made his way to the bathroom. He reached out to get his toothbrush, when a sharp ringing made him fall to the ground, attempting to cover his ears. After a few more seconds, the ringing stopped and he got back up. He held on to either sides of the sink. He ran his hands over his face, and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw his nails. They were long and black, like in his dream. They were claws. Chris blinked once, twice, three times. He looked down at his hands again, and they were back to normal.

     Chris sighed in relief.Maybe this is just a side effect from lack of sleep.

     Suddenly Chris’ little brother bursted though the door, a dog whistle in his hand. “Look! Look what I’ve got!” Chris’ eyes widened.

     “Joey.. blow that whistle.”

     The little boy smiled enthusiastically, placed the whistle between his lips, and blew. Chris’ ears were in dreadful pain once more. Joey stopped, and Chris sighed. ‘How was that even possible?

     Chris had been chosen, and there was much more then black claws and dog whistles in his future.

~

Samantha

     As she got out of her moms car she noticed that today felt different. Everything about it felt different. The air was thicker, the clouds were gone, and the second Samantha stepped a foot inside W.R, she felt – trapped. She couldn’t explain it. She knew she could call her mom and have her pick her up, but she felt like she wasn’t truly free.

     She walked into the cafeteria and none of her friends where there. Samantha felt a slight buzzing in her pocket, signaling she had gotten a text. It was from Melody and read, We’re waiting for you in the P.E courts. Hurry.

     She rushed out to the P.E courts and sae her friends almost instantly. They greeted her with smiles.

     “Who wants to go first?” Samantha asked. Lily raised her hand and Samantha nodded, reassuring it was okay for her to start.

     “Remember when I was.. out sick.. on Monday?” They all nodded slowly, not making a sound. “Well.. I’m gonna show you the reason why I stayed home.” Lily backed up and they all take a few steps opposite to her direction.

     She took a deep breath and opened her mouth. They heared a roar as fire came bursting through her mouth.

     “You.. you breath fire!?” Castiel whisper–screamed.

     “I-I guess..”

     “You’re like.. A Dragon.” Samantha said, her eyes widened in amazement. This all felt like a dream.