chapter forty-six

edited

Castiel

     He woke up to the smell of something intoxicatingly sweet. He guessed James smelt the same thing because he looked at Castiel and smiled. “That smells amazing.” James moaned.

     Castiel couldn’t agree more. They both got out of bed cautiously walked out of the room. The smell began to get even sweeter. Castiel took a second to just stand there and take in the delightful smell.

     They kept talking and soon enough we were in the middle of the castles. All of the other Zombies were there, too, taking in the amazing smell. Castiel held James’ hand and saw Leila and the others come out. The stared at them, looking a bit panicked, and Castiel wasn’t sure why. He felt so happy and at peace.

     For a second everything dissapered. Even James. All Castiel saw was white, before everything went to darkness.

Kaitlyn

     She stared at the scene before her. It smelt like something toxic, and she was sure that if she were a human she’d be dead. Castiel and James were Warlock’s, but when the Terrible’s switched their powers, they turned into Zombie’s and Kaitlyn got their powers. She had to say, they were pretty cool.

     “I think we’ll be next.” Kaitlyn whispered in Joseph’s ear. He snapped his head to me, a look of dread on his face.

     “Don’t say that. We could be the last to leave for all we know.”

     She shook her head. “That will be Leila and The Man In White. Leila is a Dark Angel, she rules us all, and The Man In White is her mate. It would make sense for them to be the last to leave.” He clamped his mouth shut and looked forward. Kaitlyn had never been very optimistic – not once in her life. She believed that if you were too optimistic you would always be disapointed when something didn’t go the way you planed. And she hated being disapointed.

     “Where do you think they all go?” Kaitlyn asked Lily, who was now shaking. Her black wings didn’t help her much with keeping balance. Lily was small, and all though she used to be a big bad Dragon, she never looked the part.

     “Maybe.. Maybe they just go back to their regular lives. Maybe they just forget that all of this every happened. Maybe this is all a dream.” She said, mostly to herself.

     “I don’t want to forget.” Kaitlyn looked up at Joseph. She looked at his gorgeous bonestructure and his beautiful piercing blue eyes. His dark hair made the most beautiful contrast. Her heart squeezed when he smiled at her.

     Before they became Mates they were just best friends. Kaitlyn had been crushing on him since Middle School, but she didn’t think he really ever noticed her until they became Mates. Kaitlyn didn’t want him to forget about her. About them. She loved him too much. She didn’t want to go back to feeling alone and seeing all the girls flock to him, and her stand aside as the best friend, giving him advice on girls when she wished someone would be giving him advice on her.

     She smiled back at him.

Leila

     Everything was honestly going to shit. Everyone was disapearing, and Leila couldn’t do anything about it. Even if she did have my Dark Angel powers, she still wouldn’t know what to do. All she could do was stand there silently, gaping at the scene before her, tears rolling down her cheeks one by one. Leila was trying not to make a sound, trying to stay quiet and lot any one see her moment of weakness, but when she let out the slightest whimper and The Man In White’s Werewolf ears heard the miserable sound, she knew she officially sucked at everything.

     “Leila, baby?” He cooed, standing in front of her. He looked into her eyes – maybe trying to somehow find out was was wrong. “Please don’t cry.”

     All of the other Royals had wandered off, probably cuddled up in their bed with their mate trying to somehow figure out who would be taken next. Leila began to sob audibly, gasping and throwing her arms around The Man In White. He seemed to be all she had left right now. Sure, she had her friends, but she knew that the friends we were as humans in High School is nothing like the friends they were now. The Man In Whie picked her up bridal style, and led her to her castle. Leila thought about how that the castle that was somehow.. Assigned to her was meant to a Dark Angel, Damien should be living there with Lily – but she kept the thought to herself. The Man In White led her to her room at Werewolf speed, placing her gently on her bed.

     “Tell me what’s wrong. Queen’s never cry.” He smiled playfully, making Leila smile in return.

     “I just.. I feel so lost right now. I don’t know what to do – no one does. Everyone is dissapearing and I don’t know whether to think they’re escpaing this place or...” She trailed off, not wanting to say what was on her mind. She took a deep breath. “or if they’re dead.”

     “They aren’t dead.” He stated, taking my hand in his. She bit her lip.

     “How do you know for sure?” The Man In White was always saying things like that. Things that made her think that maybe he knew everything. Made her think that maybe, possibly, he was reponsible for it all. But she loved him too much to ever think of that too often. But she got desperate sometimes, and the thought would randomly pop into her head.

     “I’m always right, baby.” He grinned. She leaned in close to him. She wanted to kiss him so badly. He was always there for her. Through her tantrums and crying and fainting all the time, he was always there. And Leila know he always will be. She leaned in even more, and once he realized what Leila was doing, he began to lean in too. Right as their lips touched, the rooms temperature dropped several dozen degrees, and a chill ran down Leila’s spine.

     “You feel that.. right?” She asked him as she stood from the bed. She made her way to the door, and opened it. She walked out, not saying another word to The Man In White.

     Holy hell it was cold. Like freezing cold. Ella and Gabe would probably be taken now seeing as they got Kaitlyn and Joseph’s Ice powers. She walked down the hall, soon hearing The Man In White’s footsteps behind me. She walked and walked until I was at the front of my castle. I could see the snow falling slightly, and Gabe and Ella with Kaitlyn and Joseph’s people. This time no one except The Man In White and I were out here. I guess no one wanted to be reminded that more and more of us were dissapearing.

     “They look so at peace,” Leila whispered.

     “That’s because they are.” The Man In White states. He wraps his arms around her, placing his head on her shoulder. Just then, they all disappear, and the temperature goes back to normal.

     “Promise me they’re okay?” Leila just needed to be assured once more that it would all be okay in the end. That it would all work out for them.

     “I promise.”

*****************************

As you can probably see, this book is coming to an end! But don't worry, there will be a book 2 and 3. Be ready, because I've got some great idea's ;)