chapter thirty-two

Leila

"So. . What's the plan?" D.J asks me, the same time I ask the same question.

I shut my mouth. He looks around the room awkwardly, trying to come up with ideas.

"How about this .." I start, and he instantly looks up, his eyes full of hope. "I anounce to the people and say that whoever doesn't have a mate to line up in the hallway to my castle, and you can meet them all. Whoever you feel a connection with is your mate." After I finish, he nods approvingly.

"What if none of the people who show up are it?" He asks, drying his sweaty palms on his white jeans.

"Sorry to tell you my friend, but you die." I state. "Now get out. It's getting late and I'm tired "

He nods and says goodbye, and walks out of my room quietly.

"God, today has been the longest day of my life." I whisper to myself as I lay back on my bed and get comfertable. I shut my eyes, ready for a long restfull sleep.

*

~

Gabe

My phone's annoying alarm rang through my ears, jolting me out of bed. I grabbed it desperatly, hoping that it wouldn't wake Ella. I was getting up earlier to train with Kaitlyn. We're almost done and I still need to teach her restrainment.

Luckily, it didnt wake Ella up from her deep sleep. "You can sleep tthrough a damn fire." I said as I get out of bed, referring to Ella's deep sleeps. I walked over to her and planted a sloppy kiss on her forhead.

I walked into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and took a warm shower.

"Time to deal with Kaitlyn. " I said to myself in the mirror, hoping that by some sort of miracle, she wouldn't be as bitchy as always.

*

I walked into Kaitlyn and Joseph's castle, and I felt like I was going to freeze to death. Everything was extremely quiet.

"Is anyone here?" I called out. No answer. I kept walking to Kailtyn and Joseph's room, but the halls made the chilly castle seem like a Ghost Town.

When I finally reached their door, I knocked on the door. Pretty quickly, too be exact. I'm pretty creeped out.

"Kailtyn? Joseph?" I waited about a minute and their was no reply. No one answered the door, no one had even walked through the hall.

I decided to go into their room, just in case. "I'm coming in. " I said to probably no one. If they weren't decent, they better be in the next two-point-oh seconds.

There was no one in the room. "Oh, fuck," I breathed. I think we have disappearance number two here.

~

Leila

My eyes lazily opened, and I sensed someone in the room. I emediatly sat up, and looked around the room.

There was no one there.

"Is anyone there?" I asked, my voice cracking. I waited for a second, still scanning the room for any trace of anyone being there.

Just in that moment, Ira bursts through the doors, a wide smirk on her face. "Jesus, woman!" I yelled, placing my hand over my chest. "You scared the living hell out of me!"

"Yeah, I know." She laughed. "Your eyes are black."

I blinked several times, and Ira nodded no, as if she knew what I was doing wasn't going to work. "So, what's the smiling about?" I asked, trying to avoid the fact that I nearly had a heart attack.

"Aiden and I had sex for the first time." She blurted, not caring that she got directly to the point.

She beamed, and my eyes widened.

"Well.. uhm.. thats - "

"Fantastic!" She interrupted. "Absolutely fantastic. " She fell onto my bed, and I laughed. Ira has changed a bit. I've noticed that. She would never have sex in high school, but then again, she had never been in love when she made that promise.

"Was he your first?" I asked her curiously. I'm hoping the answer is yes. I'm hoping she never had sex with D.J

"No..uhm.." She cleared her throat. "D.J was."

I sigh. "Why do you ask?"

"Because D.J came here yesterday ask -"

"Did he touch you?" She stood up, ready to find him and beat his ass probably. "No way!" I shook my head. "He wanted me to find him a mate." Ira was looking extremely pissed. After all, whilist he was dating her, he tried to get with me. And he was only using her to get to my crown.

Why was I helping this dickwad again? I thought to myself.

"Did you agree to help him? Tell me you didn't!" She was red now, and her eyes were a glowing yellow.

I looked down, not wanting to answer her question. But I guess by doing that, I did answer her question, because Ira Wolf'd up, and ran out of my room with a howl.

"Gaurds!" I yelled as soon as she left. I was afraid she was going to find D.J and do something she'd regret. The gaurds walked in, back straight, black uniforms clean and ironed. "Werewolf gaurds follow Ira, but give her some space. Keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't do something stupid." The gaurds nodded in understanding and walked out of my room, shutting the door.

Maybe I could have handled that a little bit better..

~

The Man In White's POV.

I had to admit, it was wrong what I did. Very wrong. I should have told Leila before we had sex that I was twenty-two, but I was caught in the moment. It was a moment of weakness and I can't have any more of those.

I was so desperate to find a way to regain Leila's trust, that I had called the only guy that had betrayed Leila more then a hundred times.

I called Noah.

I didnt call him first, though. I called Gabe, but he was busy figuring out where the hell Kaitlyn, Joseph, Brandon and Samantha were.

"Dude, you fucked up. Big time." He said to me, even though I obviously already knew. For the past thirty minutes, we had been sitting in silence in my room trying to come up with ways to make her forgive me. Thats all he had said.

"Obviously," I roll my eyes in annoyance. Maybe I should have called Ira or another one of Leila's girlfriends. "Is that all you have to say?"

"No. Thats not all I have to say. For some strange I hate you. Maybe it's because the girl I used to be in love with is your mate, and you possibly got her pregnant, and you're a God damn pedophile .." I cringe at the use of that word. Thats what Leila called me when she was kicking me out. "But I'll help you, because I knew what is like to love that girl and have her mad at you. It's awful." He said, and I don't know weather to feel relieved, or awkard.

"Thanks?" I say.

"We better think hard, because this is bigger then any screw-up I've ever done."

××××××÷××××××××××

Oh Jesus .

Some big stuff's gonna be happening.. big stuff..