chapter thirty-one

“Twenty-two twenty-two twenty-two.”  That’s all I could think of. I was shaking, not because I was about to cry, but because I was beyond angry.

“I just slept with a man who is legally not supposed to sleep with me, and I’m possibly pregnant with his child.” I say out loud, which makes the situation sound  a lot worse then it did in my head.

“Yes, but I — ”

“Get. Out.” I breathe.

“W—What?” He asks me. I know he heard me perfectly. I know my eyes have gone black, and my Werewolf nails have just kicked in. “Get out you pedophile! I should have chosen Dean as my permanent mate! He may have kidnapped me but at least he was my age!” I throw my shoe at him, deciding to go for the Pissed-Off-Cuban-Mom.

Mom. I might have to be a single mom.

“Leila, if you would just plea — ”

“I want you out. Forever. Don’t look for me, talk to me, or text me. That is if you somehow get my number.” He lowers his head, and walks out of the room like a child who's just been told No  for the first time.

He’s twenty-two. The Man In White is twenty-freaking-two.

I rubbed my eyes, and they were wet. I hadn’t even realised I was crying until now. The Man In White walked in again.

“What is wrong with you? Didn’t you hear me? Leave me alone!” I shouted, my voice growing hoarse.

“Leila. . Listen to me.” He began, but I was already yelling. “No, you listen, Mr. Pedophile,” He seemed surprised by this, like he’s never heard me say it before. “when I say leave me alone, I mean leave me alone.” I growled, my eyes glowing Yellow.  I got up, ready to smack him accross the face as many times as I had to to get him to leave.

“Wait!” He pleaded. I furiously shook my head no.

“Get out or I swearI will hurt you.” I threatened him. He sighed in defeat and began to walk toward the door.

“I’m sorry.” He muttered before leaving and shutting the door.

~

Kaitlyn

“Does that asshole just think he can talk to me like that?” I was talking to Joseph, who was laying on the bed, looking completely un-interested. But I didn’t care, I had to rant. “I mean, who does he think he — ” I was about to finish my sentence when all of a sudden I feel cold. That's the first time I’ve ever felt cold since I became Ice Queen.

“Are you cold?” I ask Joseph, and he shivers just as he nods yes. I instantly get the urge to run outside, so I do. And Joseph is hot on my trail.

Once Joseph and I are at the entrance of our castle, its snowing. Its fucking snowing. Out of no where.

No one's outside except for my subjects, and they look just like Samantha and Brandon's subjects did before they all  vanished. They look happy, joyful and at complete serenity.

I feel exactly the same.

~

Chris

     “Baby, are you cold?”

     “Yeah, kind of.” Melody replies. Since besides Leila being possibly pregnant there was nothing else to do around here, we had decided to snuggle in bed all day.

     “I’ll go see why its so cold. You stay here.” Melody whines as I get up, ruining our perfectly comfertable position. “I’ll be right back,” I say to her with a smile.

*

     After I’ve Wolf’d up and run through the endless hallways to the front of my Castle, I see why its so cold. It’s snowing like December in New York City. Which would be a lot.

     I look at Kaitlyn and Joseph running around and making Snow Angel’s when I notice the other Royals watching them, too.

     I howl, as I’m still in Werewolf form, informing Melody to come down here. Then, I return to my normal human looking body. “Well shit.” I laugh.

     “Are you seeing this too? Or am I hallucinating?” Shouted Damian from accross the connected paths. I shrugged, smiling. Melody came up, next to me and I instantly took her hand in mine. “This is so gorgeous,” She sighed.

     I looked at her. I looked at her beautiful, Hazel-Green eyes, her dark, big hair, her dainty hands, the way the snow fell on her hair so softly.. everything. “You’re so gorgeous.” I finally stated with a grin. She blushed which made me smirk. I wrapped my arms around her, holding her in a tight embrace.

     This is how it should be everyday. I thoght. Normal, quiet, peaceful.

~

     D.J

     “What?! No way!” Leila said. I had just told her my situation, and Leila was having some trouble believing me.

     “Read your book. Maybe you’ll find somethig to proove I’m not lying.” I told her. I had krept into Leila’s room after I saw The Man In White leaving. I knew this was the only chance I had to tell her my problem and beg her to help me.

     She didn’t nod, or say no. She simply reached over to her bedside table, and got the large brown book. She scanned through the pages, before stopping abruptly at one certain page. Her eyebrows rose.

     “Everyone has a mate, and everyone also has a due date..” She began to read aloud. “If one does not find their mate exaxtly a month after the official Mate Day, the date on which your body becomes ready to find its mate, that date being January 20th, every ten years, that certain person will die.”

     That was it. That was my dillema. I hadn’t found my mate, and almost everyone already had found theirs. I had ten days to find a mate. There was a long pause before Leila finally spoke, and when she did, it was just stating the obvious.

     “Crap, dude. We need to find you a mate ASAP.”