chapter seventeen

edited

Sexual Content!

Leila

     It had been a week since Leila found out The Man in White was her mate. She couldn’t say she was disappointed that The Man In White was her mate. Because she definitely was not. In fact, she was extremely ecstatic. All she thought about was him, and all she talked about was him. What she wasn’t so excited about however, was the fact that he wouldn’t tell her his name or take off that damn mask.

     She rubbed her eyes slowly, trying to wake herself up. She heard her bedroom door creak open, already knowing it was Sophia. Leila and Sophia hadn’t spoken in a week, and up until the girl walked in with the biggest grin on her face, Leila thought Sophia was mad at her.

     Leila noticed Sophia kiss a boy on the cheek before she closed the door.

~

Sophia

     The moment Tyler left Sophia knew she would be interrogated, and she was not wrong.

     “Well he’s cute,” Leila stated.

     “I know,” Sophia smiled. 

     “When did you meet?” Leila questioned.

     “The night the whole mate thing happened.” She replied.

     “That was a week ago! Why didn’t you tell me?”

     “I thought you had a lot on your plate! What with The Man In White being your mate and all. And the announcement didn’t go very well, either.” Sophia reminded her.

     ~Flash Back~

     Sophia was pushed around left and right as people made their way towards what used to be W.R’s auditorium, where the Royals usually announced things.

     “Sophia!” She heard someone to her right call.

     She snapped her head in that direction before realising who that voice belonged to.

     “Tyler!” She called back before making her way over to him entwining their hands.

     “Hey,” He kissed her cheek and looked forward to the stage, where the Royals were about to begin speaking.

     “Hi,” Smiled Queen Leila. "As most of you know I’ve found a book. I started to read the first page last night and it said that we now have..”

     She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, most likely afraid of what everyone’s reaction would be.

     “Mates,”

     Everyone began to murmur.

     “Yeah,” Leila laughed a bit and coughed awkwardly, then her facial expression went right back to seriousness. Everyone’s muttering died down to hear what she had to say. “We all have chosen mates. I have found mine, the Royals have each other, good luck finding yours.”

     “What will happen if we’re already in love with someone who isn’t our mate?” Some guy with red hair in front of Sophia asked.

     “Well,” Leila bit her lip. “with time..” She stalled again, looking at her shoes. “you will cease to love them.” She finished, looking back up.

     And that was when the chaos began.

     Dragons were breathing fire, Mer–People were throwing water bombs and any form of destruction was being done.