chapter twenty-three

edited

Leila

     Seconds later, gaurds bursted through the door. As soon as they saw Leila, they freed her from her ropes and helped her out the door.

     Leila took one last glimpse inside and saw them cuffing Dean. “No, stop!” She yelled. She didn’t know why, but she didn’t want them to cuff him. “Don’t handcuff him.”

     “But, My Queen,” Started the gaurd who was helping Leila out the door. “He kidnapped you.” He grunted distastefully.

     “Yeah, I know. I was there. Don’t cuff him.” They hesitated, but still did as she asked.

*

     Dean walked next to Leila until they reached her castle. She opened her door expecting to find an empty room, everything just as she had left it.

     But instead, there was a strange looking brunette boy, and Leila’s friend Ashley James making out. On her bed.

     “What the hell?!” Leila shouted, disgusted and outraged. “I’m kidnapped and my bedroom turned into a Sleep and Slut?!”

     “I’m so sorry, Aunt Leila!” The brunette boy said. Uhm, what?

     “Excuse you? I’m not your aunt. Get out!” Leila looked at him in confusion and terror.

     “Actually, you are.” Leila turned around to find all the royals standing in the doorway, about to burst into a fit of laughter.

     “That’s Prince Xander Hernandez.” Gabe said.

     “You.. you’re joking, right? Someone please tell me he’s joking.” No one said a word. “That’s impossible! Xander is like a month old!”

     “I’ll explain later,” The Man In White said as he walked through the door.

     ‘Great. What is this, a reunion?’

     “That still doesn’t explain why they were making out in my bed.” Leila said, turning to look at the couple accusingly.

     “Well, Ashley and Xander are mates. They came up here to look for The Man In White as he’s been sleeping here–”

     “He’s been what?”

     “I’ll explain everything later, just let me finish my sentence first.” He looked at Leila with an irritated expression and she nodded, giving him the okay to continue. “And since mates can’t really keep their hands off eachother–” Gabe gave The Man In White an apolagetic look, but Leila had no idea what that was all about. “They probably just.. you know.. got the urges.”

     “So your explanation for your child making out with someone in my bed is They probably just... you know.. got the urges’.”? Leila repeated. She couldn’t believe that Xander had grown up so fast. Literally.

     “Kind of,” Gabe shrugged, blushing. Ella giggled into his shoulder. “We’re kind of new at this parenting thing. I mean, Xander’s already 16!” Leila’s eyes widened in shock.

     ‘My God. Is that going to happen if I have children? I don’t want that to happen! I want to raise them.’

     “Well, can I have a second alone with Leila, please?” The Man In White broke the awkward silence.

     After everyone left the room The Man In White stepped closer to Leila. And closer.. and closer.. until their noses almost touched.

     “I’ve missed you so much,” He whispered, making their lips barely touch. Goosebumps arose on Leila’s skin and she swore she could hear get heart beating so fast, it could’ve caused an Earthquake.

     ”I missed you too.” She replied.

     They didn’t say anything else for a while, but it wasn’t awkward. They just stared into eachothers eyes for a bit before The Man In White spoke up.

     ”Forever and always?”

     “What?” Leila hummed, still hypbotized by The Man In White’s dark brown eyes.

     “Promise me that no matter what, this moment right here will be our forever and always.” He spoke slowly, calmly and soothingly.

     Before Leila could answer him, Dean bursted through the door. ”Leila! I’m your mate!”

     ‘He must be completely mental. The Man In White is my mate.’

     “No, you’re not.” The Man In White said. Leila tore her gaze away from Dean too look at The Man In White. His eyes had turned white, before quickly returning to the their normal color.

     “Leila, kiss me. I know you feel it, too.” Where were the gaurds when you needed them?

     “No, you’re insane.” Leila shook her head, holding onto The Man In White.

     “Leila.. kiss him.” She heard him say.

     “What?!” Both Dean and Leila questioned.

     “Just. . . Do it.” He nodded toward Dean, giving her a light push.

     “Fine, but just to get you off my back.” Leila looked him up and down, still not one hundred percent sure about the idea.

     Dean grabbed Leila’s waist gently, making her feel nervous. And that was odd, because she was usually only nervous around The Man In White.

     He began to lean in, Leila’s heart beating faster with every passing second. His lips slowly carressed Leila’s, mine, and she felt her knews go weak. She didn’t know what to do. Her arms were limp by her side, and she was afraid to put them anywhere else. His lips were warm and wet against her own, and the longer they kissed the less Leila wanted it to stop.

     Finally, Leila found the strength to pull away. Dean looked at her lips, licking his own. Leila blushed.

     “He’s your second mate.” The Man In White said, and although the butterflies in her stomach told her it was true, Leila didn’t want to believe it.

     She didn’t want to believe that her second mate was her kidnapper.