chapter thirty-seven

edited

Ira

     After ten dreadful minutes of listening to Leila go on and on about how she was so in love with The Man In White, they were finally able to go to the meeting chambers.

     “Is everyone here?” Ira asks.

     “Yup,” Ella popped the ‘P’, making Ira cringe. Why are the Great’s so damn annoying and perky?

     After a fake smile towards Leila, she lifts her arms, magically decorating the large room. “I’ll go get the drinks.” I tell her, already turning around to walk toward the door. She grabs my hand, stopping me. “You don’t have to. I’ll just conjure them up like I did everything else.”

     “Let me do this one thing.” I tell her, growing a bit annoyed. “Not all of us have the same gifts as you. I don’t want to have to rely on magic all the time.” She lets go of my hand.

     “Okay, sorry.” She says. Ira walked into the corridor, looking at the bottles of Coke, Pepsi, Bud Light, Wine, and water. She feels the glass container through my pocket, smirking to herself. She take it out, admiring the black pouder. She flicked my wrist slightly, hearing the soda bottles fizz when the tops come off. She walked by them, pouring a little bit of the pouder into each of them and then putting the glass bottle back in my pocket.

     “What are you doing?” She heard someone behind her, startling her momenterally. She composed myself quickly, turning around to see a blond boy wish bushy eye brows. He looks like Gabe. “You must be Xander." She smirked. “You're cute.”

     “What are you doing?” Xander asks again, stepping closer to her. He balls his hands into fists at his side, them turning slightly blue. “Oh, you think you can hurt me?” Ira laughed humorlessly.

     “Yeah, I’m a Prince. You’re just a regular Werewolf. Now for the third time, what are you doing?

     She walked toward him, touching from his cheekbone to his chin. She leaned in fast, pressing a kiss to his lips. As Ira pulled back, she saw the boys eyes flash a black color, then go back to their natural hazel-green. “Go back to where you were. Forget you never saw me.” He nods reluctanly, before turning around and walking down the hall.

     She closed the bottles, and went back inside before anyone got suspicious. She poked her head through the door. “Can someone please help me bring in the drinks?”

Leila

     There was something off about Ira today. She seemed easily annoyed and irritated. She was usually cool and collected and Leila was the one acting like a bitch. It was like she was a completely diffent person. Leila shook her head. ‘I just need to give her some space, that’s all.’

     “Want some wine?” Ella nudges my side.

     “Sure,” Leila smiles, grabbing the extra glass she has in her hand. She took a short sip.

     “Leila, aren’t you pregnant?” I instanly spit out the drink. Everyone’s eyes are on me. “Oh my God! I totally forgot. Someone please get me some water.” Leila panicked.

     “Here,” Ira handed her a water bottle. Leila thanked her silently before gulping it down. Leila began to feel woozy.

     Leila heard glass shatter next to her. She looked over to where the noise came from. Ella was on the ground, struggling to get up. “Ella!” Gabe shouts, walking over to her, but then collapsing himself. One by one, all of Leila’s friends collapse in front of her. All except for Ira.

     “What did you do?!” She shouted, her knees going weak. She started seeing white dots, and then collapsed onto the floor. She try to move. To use her powers or do anything but she couldn’t.

     She smirks down at me. “See you in a year, Dark Angel.Leila hear her voice acho in her head before everything turns into dark nothingness.

×××××××××××××××××××××

Oh crap. Coke or Pepsi?