𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘺 » 𝘫𝘣.𝘳

word count: 0.5k

request: Can I request all I want is you and you are everything to me with John B!!?? Maybe like the reader is JJs little sister or something and they always have liked each other from afar

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

"When are you just gonna go for it?" Kiara asked you as you put on your necklace in the mirror.

"John B doesn't even like me like that. It's not gonna happen." You answered in a monotone. A sigh fell from her lips at your oblivion, but you couldn't take the chance of believing what others told you and ruin your friendship with John B.

"You don't know anything for sure, Y/n. You'll never know until you try." She reminded you.

"Maybe I don't want to try. And ruin the bond we already have? I'd rather not take the chance." It was the truth, why would you diminish the connection you already had by confessing your love for John B? You'd been close for years, and nothing was worth losing that.

-

The boneyard was packed as usual, the weekly keggers were always a big hit with the other pogues and the tourons. You sat with your solo cup, humming in response to whatever Kie was ranting about. Your eyes were fixed on John B, who appeared to be busy charming the girls that flocked to him.

That was always the worst part for you. Pretending you were interested in something anyone else had to offer. You were basically a pro at shutting down flirting tourons at this point. Your line of sight to John B was suddenly blocked, your brother standing directly in front of you now. "Stop staring at John B." He admonished.

"I wasn't." You tried to cover up, shoving him aside in annoyance.

"I know you like him, I'm not stupid. But you're better off without him, Y/n, he's an idiot."

"It's not any of your business, JJ." You sighed, getting up from your spot and walking along the beach near the water.

The sun was setting quickly, leaving you alone with your thoughts and the reflection of the moonlight on the sea. You laid back on the sand, looking up at the stars that filled the night sky. "Y/n?" A voice called out to you, one that you were quick to identify as John B's. He laid down beside you, lowering his tone before speaking again. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing." You muttered.

"It's not nothing. You never lay on the beach alone at night."

"It's not like I have anyone to lay with." You returned, still focusing on the sky even though his gaze focused on you.

"You have me." He cooed. "You always will, Y/n."

"I couldn't tell tonight."

"I'm sorry we haven't been spending much time together lately. I've been running away from something." He admitted.

"Running from what?"

"About how I feel about you. About how you are everything to me."

"Oh." You let out, heart racing but still not being able to wrap your head around John B having feelings for you.

"They told me, Y/n. I know you feel the same."

"Don't just say things to make me feel better, John B. I want you to actually mean it." You told him.

"I do, though. All I want is you, Y/n. It's always been that way."

You smiled, finally locking eyes with him. Barely a moment passed by before you rested your hand on his cheek and kissed him gently.

"Did you just kiss me?" The boys lips curled into a smile, happy that for once the two of you were on the same page. You nodded with a matching expression. "You should do it again." He muttered. "Because I already miss the feeling."