𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘴 » 𝘵.𝘵

word count: o.8k

request: "Are you okay?" With qb!topper please my love 💛

a/n: this takes place on valentine's day so yeah. also this is a blurb i wrote from my qb!topper au so enjoyy

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

The stress of school and your job for the past few weeks had been like no other. On the time you had off you couldn't bear the energy to spend time with your boyfriend, opting to sleep as much as you could instead. Topper had noticed the workload weighing you down, and quite honestly he was dealing with the same. Although the football season was over, he was still training tirelessly for the future.

You both felt pressure in your own lives, but together in your relationship as well. Canceled dates, missed calls, and the growing distance between the two of you was stressful. Valentine's Day however, was one day you could agree on. You were determined to make the relationship work, and a romantic day was just what you needed to make sparks fly once again.

You made an entire spread of his favorite breakfast foods. He had spent the night at yours, so you squirmed from out of his arms and under the covers, and tiptoed to your large kitchen. The smell of breakfast food woke Topper up, the feeling of hunger in his stomach evident. He rolled out of bed before throwing on some grey sweatpants, unbeknownst to the specific look being your weakness.

Your parents had been gone on some romantic getaway, so you pretty much had the house to yourselves. "What's cookin, good lookin?" Topper greeted, voice still coated with sleep.

You grinned at his flirty comment, meeting him halfway for a quick kiss. "Goodmorning, handsome." His head rested in the crook of your neck and his arms wrapped around you from behind.

"Smells good. Anything I can help you with?"
"Actually, it's pretty much done. Can you grab some plates?"

He kissed your cheek and smacked your ass lightly. "Of course, babe." You finished slicing some fruit, plating it for you and your boyfriend.

"Damn, girl. You must know what you're doing." Topper raved, moaning dramatically at the delicious french toast.

"It's good?" You asked.

"It's amazing." He confirmed.

"Thank you, my love." Before you could get lost in his mesmerizing gaze, your doorbell echoed through your house.

"Who's that?" You questioned, annoyed that someone had to interrupt your peaceful breakfast. Topper shrugged with a small smirk as you strolled to the front door, only to be met with a man holding a rather large bouquet of red roses.

"For you, Mrs. Thornton. Enjoy." Before you could correct him, he had bowed politely, handed you the bouquet, and left. As you strolled back in the kitchen, with the flowers this time, Topper still wore the same charming smile on his face. You set the flowers down and read the note carefully. You playfully rolled your eyes at the fact that the note really was addressed to 'Y/n Thornton', even though you and Topper weren't married.

Y/n,

Thank you for being my Valentine this year and every year. I never knew love until I met you. You're the best, most beautiful gift I could ever ask for.

Love, Topper.

Your lips puckered out a bit before curling into a smile at his kind words. He chuckled when you threw your arms around his neck and buried your face in the crook of his neck once you took everything in. "Thank you, baby." You stepped back a little after kissing his lips to smell and admire the roses. "I love them."

Most of the day was spent curled up in bed watching movies, but Topper claimed he had a surprise for you in the evening. An hour or so before sunset, he dragged you out to a quiet area on the beach. Your jaw hung open at the picnic that he had set up. Your favorite foods and treats, all for you and Topper to celebrate a day of love together.

"Babe!" You exclaimed in awe. "You really didn't have to do all this, y'know."

He held his hand out for you to have a seat, before he followed. "Of course I did. Anything for you." He cooed, sending butterflies wild in your body.

The sun went down at the perfect time, leaving you both laying on the picnic blanket in the golden hour. You could feel Topper's stare on you, despite the stars beginning to twinkle in the sky that you could watch forever.

"Are you okay?" You looked up at him to ask, being met with him staring back at you.

"Never been better. I just like admiring you, that's all." He caressed your hand with his thumb.

"But you should be looking at the stars, babe. They're so beautiful tonight."

"Not like you are, though."

Your body and face felt hot, in contrast to the slight breeze starting to blow. "You're crazy." You grinned, turning your head to look into his eyes.

"Crazy in love with you." He mumbled against your lips. "Happy Valentine's day, Y/n."