𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘵𝘴 » 𝘳.𝘤

word count: 0.7k

request: Can you write something where you are sleeping over with rafe and it's cold? Then he gives you a blanket and cuddles you even more?

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

Summers in the Outer Banks brought some good things of course, like perfect weather for boat and beach days. They also meant having miserable nights tossing and turning in your own sweat, throwing the blankets on and off in an attempt to find a happy medium of comfort. Not to mention the storms destroying the power, leaving the island to rely on generators if they could.

Your friend Sarah had been kind enough to let you crash on her family's boat, considering the Druthers was cool enough to get a wink of sleep in. What you hadn't prepared for was the morning breeze to be colder than usual as the weather began to cool, waking you up with the goosebumps now littering your arms. You had fallen asleep in only a tank top and some soft shorts, a light crocheted blanket resting over your body.

Sarah was a deep sleeper, you could hear the snores rumbling through her body as she didn't seem affected by the cold at all. You sighed, rubbing your arms up and down and pulling the blanket up to your shoulders, but nothing seemed to work. The sliding door to where you and Sarah had been sleeping was left slightly open, leaving the gusts of wind to rush inside freely.

You mentally cursed Sarah for being so forgetful before picking your phone up off one of the side tables. 6:07, your phone read, leaving you to sigh. You considered a few of your options, as you lay there shivering. You could, A: Go inside and hopefully fall back asleep in Rafe's bed. B: Steal some of Sarah's blankets from her sleeping frame. Or, C: Stay where you are and freeze your ass off for the rest of the morning.

Option A would've been the best, had you not gotten into a small argument with your boyfriend the day before. And that would also require you to go outside in order to get there. Option B didn't seem too hot either, seeing as Sarah would scold you for being a blanket thief and would never let you live it down. Option C was automatically ruled out, as you decided you had to do something. Something being Option A.

"Oh, What the hell." You surrendered, tiptoeing across the cold floor even though Sarah probably wouldn't be bothered if there were a bear walking around instead. With only the light blanket wrapped around your shoulders, you slipped on some flip flops and made a dash for the large, white home.

The sky had barely lit up from nightfall, which gave you a hard time in seeing your surroundings. But you knew the property well enough to get inside with no serious injury. Slipping off the flip flops, you made your way up the stairs quickly but quietly, stopping at Rafe's door.

You hated to be the first to give in after an argument, but these were desperate times. Little did you know, Rafe had his own sleeping problems when it came to being without the comfort of being held in your arms. Or holding you in his, but you weren't stupid and quickly caught onto how much he loved being the little spoon.

You turned the knob and stepped inside, a Rafe sized lump under his comforter moving up and down slightly with his breathing. He heard you close the door, rolling over lazily to be met with you wrapped up tightly in a blanket.

"Rafey?" You whispered, moving closer to him as you wiggled under the covers. "I couldn't sleep out there. I'm freezing."

He jumped lightly at the feel of your cold skin on his warm body. "Damn, babe." He tried to move away from you, but couldn't help but feel bad as your teeth chattered and your body shivered. "C'mere." He mumbled in his morning voice that would've normally sent butterflies to your stomach, before wrapping his arms around you protectively.

You had practically curled into a ball, which made him chuckle. Once your teeth had stopped chattering, you spoke softly. "Sorry for waking you up."

He frowned at your unneeded apology. "Don't worry, sweetheart. I always sleep better with you next to me anyways." He muttered, checking to make sure you were tucked in securely.

You smiled at his confession, tucking your head into the crook of his neck and peppering kisses to his collarbone. "You're the best, Rafey. Thanks for sharing your body heat." Rafe pressed a soft kiss to your forehead as you had started to warm back up.

"Anytime, baby."

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

a/n: 31 days until season two!! i can't believe it's getting so close