𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺 » 𝘱.𝘩

word count: 1.7k

request: "What took you so long? I missed you..." with Pope 🥺

warning(s): none! just fluff, no spoilers here

a/n: happy season three! i haven't had time to see it yet but hopefully once i do i'll be writing many more imagines 🌻

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

365 days. One full year of being able to call Pope truly yours. The days seemed to go by in a flash, each memory together replaying in your head with a rose colored tint. It had been so easy, you thought. Sure, there were a handful of silly arguments and temporary goodbyes that made your heart clench at the thought. But choosing to entrust him with the key to your heart, and never letting go of the key to his, that part was easy.

"Y/n." Pope cooed in a soft voice, nudging your half-sleeping body. "Wake up."

You took a deep breath in, not wanting to stop drowsily reminiscing about the man beside you. "Happy anniversary, my love." He mumbled with a soft kiss to your forehead.

Purely to mess with him for interrupting your dreamy state, you stared at him blankly, feigning forgetfulness of the important date. Pope's smile faltered at your expression.

"You didn't forget, did you?"

Your laugh echoed through the acoustics of the room, putting him at ease. "Of course not! I was just messing with you." He smiled at the feel of your arms around his torso and your lips peppering his jaw. "Happy anniversary to you, too."

"I have something for you." You mumbled into his neck, before reaching for your nightstand drawer to retrieve it.

"I told you that you didn't have to get me anything, my love. Just being with you today is more than enough."

"Sorry, honey. I just couldn't help myself, you know how impulsive I can be."

"Indeed I do." He teased, rubbing circles on your skin with his thumb. "Or maybe you just need to stop spending so much time with JJ, I think you're picking up on his bad habits."

You gasped, harmlessly brushing his arm away. "Actually, JJ had great advice on my gift for you. You'll be thanking us both once you open it."

"Tonight I will." Pope grabbed your hand and interlocked your fingers, helping you out of bed. "But for right now, I have a surprise waiting for you."

You raised an eyebrow. "A surprise? Is it a good one?"

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes, of course I do. But you know I'm not the fondest of surprises." You reminded him. "Please don't tell me I have to wear a blindfold."

He gave your hand a gentle squeeze, hoping to bring up your enthusiasm. "For the time being, you don't. Come on, I think you'll like it."

Pope led you by the arm down the hall and to your kitchen, stepping out of the way so you could get a view of your dining table, decorated more than usual for the occasion. "Ta-da!" He cheered, pulling your chair out for you like he always did. A simple but sweet gesture that was never overlooked in your time together.

"You made all this?" You marveled, eyes darting from dish to dish, an array of all your favorite breakfast foods resting on the table. Pope wasn't exactly known to be a chef, but his hidden talents never failed to amaze you.

"Of course I did. You deserve it. My mom might've taught me a few things."

At the revelation you both chuckled, understanding why everything looked so appealing. Your heart fluttered at the thought of him putting in the time and effort into making something special for you.